xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Lara Croft: Tomb Raider  (Read 701 times)

kev4e15

• Archived User
Help With Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
« on: April 17, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

Hello, I'm currently stuck at the Kazahkstan boss(or whatever you wannna call it).  Anyways it's the part with the electric volts and sucker up thing.  Anyone please help me get past this. Thanks a lot.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User

JethroTul

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 12:46:00 AM »

you need first to activate the 4 switches then go in the middle and try to fire at  on those 4 huge metal balls which come out after you put on the 4 switches. Try keeping that stupid monster out of the shield so he cant get in. After you manage to keep monster out and having 4 metal balls active the mechanism on top of you will have the grapple ready for you so immediately press A. Its a pain in the ass I know and was going to throw the xbox out of the window biggrin.gif

89c4l98

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

ahh the snake is worse. took me almost 30 minutes and a million times....

kev4e15

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

Thanks for the help.  I actually got the part I was stuck on 20 minutes after I posted this.  Like the person above me said, the snake is pretty tough and I have no clue how to get past that. If anyone has any help to offer, I would greatly appreciate it. Also thanks to everyone who helped me earlier

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

ummm... i posted a link to a complete walkthrough with every hidden award and puzzle solution

Vhayne

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

I just finished the game, and the snake (sea monster) was the hardest part IMO.  Here's how I did it.  

Walk out of the tomb, and veer over to the left bell.  The cinematic will start, showing the snake rise up out of the water. Skip it, and begin shooting the bell.  About 50% of the time you'll distract the snake before he has a chance to hit you, and you can drop the claw, for a first hit.  

Now, after that, begin running straight over to the right side bell, but pan the camera around so that you can see the snake when he begins an attack.  Be prepared to jump/dodge, etc, then start wailing on the bell, get his attention, and drop the claw.

Now, run down the center walkway and get almost to the end, and begin shooting either of the bells to distract the snake.  This part isn't too bad, you just have to keep an eye on the snake and predict when he's about to strike.  He seems to only use his downward strike at this part, so dodging backwards is usually the key.  

Just keep shooting the bells to distract him, then drop the claws.  Just make sure to concentrate on one bell at a time.  

If you have alot of assault rifle bullets, then use that, as they fire faster than the pistols and will "charge up" the bells faster.  Be quick with the grapple on the lever!  As soon as you see the snake run to the bell, stop shooting and hammer the X button until you let loose your grapple, then once it hits the lever, hammer on Y.  

It took me around 30 deaths, maybe more to finally beat this guy.  Probably didn't help that I didn't have any health kits either lol.  

Good luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Vhayne: Apr 24 2006, 11:09 PM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

wow.. i thought that part was pretty easy and only died once figuring out how to do it... and that was on hard.

i just unloaded on the bell and dropped it x4... no problems, just dive out of the way when he attacks and youll be fine

Vhayne

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Apr 24 2006, 06:45 PM) *

wow.. i thought that part was pretty easy and only died once figuring out how to do it... and that was on hard.

i just unloaded on the bell and dropped it x4... no problems, just dive out of the way when he attacks and youll be fine

rofl!  you thought that was easy?  I'd love to hear what you thought was the hardest part of the game in your opinion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »

thx for the tips guys, getting into this game, nice to see Lara back to her roots.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vhayne @ Apr 24 2006, 06:15 PM) *

rofl!  you thought that was easy?  I'd love to hear what you thought was the hardest part of the game in your opinion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

hmmm... dunno really what is the hardest part... some of the places to find the gold medals are pretty tricky... other than that, the bosses didnt pose much of a challenge...

ive been playing games too long and it takes something pretty unique to stump me, or AI thats pretty intelligent to obliterate me.

then again, maybe call of duty on vet just numbed me to any difficulty besides EXTREME DEATH EVERY 2 SECONDS!

Vhayne

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Apr 24 2006, 08:58 PM) *

hmmm... dunno really what is the hardest part... some of the places to find the gold medals are pretty tricky... other than that, the bosses didnt pose much of a challenge...

ive been playing games too long and it takes something pretty unique to stump me, or AI thats pretty intelligent to obliterate me.

then again, maybe call of duty on vet just numbed me to any difficulty besides EXTREME DEATH EVERY 2 SECONDS!

hehe I hear ya.  Maybe it's just because I'm a rusty old fart at age 29. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

You're not old, infact you should be a tomb raider veteran.

But the biggest annoyance for me with tomb legend was the loading. I mean I would bet 100 bucks that a single map with all its assets would fit fully into the 360s RAM requiring no disc-access once the map is precached, thus the re-loading of a save should be nearly instantaneous. But alas, its a sugar coated PS2 game that doesnt use the HDD for precaching and re-loads every last piece of texturing and asset into RAM off the dvd each time you die.

But of course their only priority is to make the PS2-based game work solidly on the 360 and release it fast for maximum profit, not make a text-book example in platform targeted optimization.

It just angers me when I think that on a PC the same game (due to the logic mandated by the I/O and the OS) does not reload assets off the HDD if they are already in the RAM (provided there is enough ram). Yet on the 360 they wipe the RAM when you die and waste thousands of manhours in pointless loadings.

This post has been edited by Joergen: Apr 25 2006, 10:12 PM

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vhayne @ Apr 24 2006, 10:03 PM) *

hehe I hear ya.  Maybe it's just because I'm a rusty old fart at age 29. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

your the exact age of the average gamer, err I think it went up to 30 last year, so youre not old ya young punk  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Vhayne

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Apr 25 2006, 05:11 PM) View Post

your the exact age of the average gamer, err I think it went up to 30 last year, so youre not old ya young punk  tongue.gif

Perhaps not, but sometimes I feel it. smile.gif  I swear, I think my hand to eye reflexes have decreased alot over the years though.  I felt I was pretty good a some games, and now when I try to play them, I just die....over and over.. lol

Here's an example....my highest score on GW:Evolved is barely over 100k lol.  And I've only been able to do that once. tongue.gif