xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Interested In Buying Tomb Raider Legends?  (Read 658 times)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Anyone Interested In Buying Tomb Raider Legends?
« on: April 16, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

lets just say, i got this game from gamefly saturday (yesterday) less than 24 hours since i started playing it, the game is done.

about a 9-11 hour maximum game on hard difficulty.

Given i didnt complete everything in lara's mansion, and i didnt get EVERY silver/bronze award and i guess that adds to some replay, as well as time trials (which i plan on finishing before returning), however i will be totally content with a rental and not a 64 dollar purchase.

just a heads up.. please dont flame, just hoping to save some gamers a couple bucks on a game that doesnt have enough content to warrant a purchase.

really fun game though, i enjoyed every level and only got stuck a few times...
based on a rental, id give this game a 8/10

if anyone gets stuck also...
free walkthrough i found on the net that has every award (bronze/silver/gold) and some cheats.
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

edit: and no, i did not just follow the walkthrough... i used it maybe 2 or 3 times when i got stuck.

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Apr 17 2006, 03:15 AM

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »

thx bro, just que'd it up in gamefly, was actuallty gonna buy it @ bestbuy, since my bro wants the faceplate they  are giving away, althoug in the ad it looks like a skin

MadPerry

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

i finished it in about 11 1/2 hours and got most of the secret items on hard level.  the game was a blast but is a bit on the short side.  i think i'll be trading mine in...

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

Im in the minority...

Im at 11.5 hours and still have 3 maps left, well worth my $64.00.

add another 2 or 3 times thru to get "all* achievements/time trials and rewards and this will keep me busy for some time yet beerchug.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

wait... what faceplate? I bought mine at Best buy and didn't get a faceplate  sad.gif

anyway I plan on just trading it in once I'm done.

any idea what's harder on hard difficulty? is it just the health/ammo availability and gun battles or are the puzzles different?

from what I've played so far I'd give the game a 7/10, don't get me wrong I love the game but really I don't think you'd like it unless you were a fan of the originals. Graphics are hit or miss, general playing looks good but some of the closeups during the pre-animated cut-scenes will make you cringe.

Game play is both good and bad, on one hand it's just like the original, on the other hand... it's just like the original. you'd think they would have been able to improve the crappy camera that screws up the direction  you're trying to push,difficulty positioning your character when lining up for a jump, and automatic gun aiming that almost always chooses the wrong target.

they did a good job squeezing replay value out of 7 levels with the bronze, silver, gold artifacts, achievements for various difficulties, and time trial mode, but even still the game looks like it would take less time to 100% then it took me to do THAW.

The story is OK, reminds me a lot of the TR movie story lines, the voice acting is pretty good too but the script is cheesy at times.

really it does the series justice and really is a next gen version of the classics, but it's not revolutionary.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaShiZNiT @ Apr 16 2006, 08:14 PM) View Post

was actuallty gonna buy it @ bestbuy, since my bro wants the faceplate they  are giving away, althoug in the ad it looks like a skin

from bestbuy ad:

FREE LARA CROFT SKIN*

IPB Image

---------------

and on hard, im guessing enemies just need a few extra bullets to drop, i dont think the puzzles change.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

oh a skin... screw that, I'm no longer dissapointed  laugh.gif

89c4l98

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »

I'm about halfway done and only been playing  a few hours.. just rent it.. it's not worth $64 when you can spent $8 from blockbuster and beat it.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

only disappointed with the short gameplay to complete this game (i done it in 5 hrs, medium difficulty). not even once i got stuck in any puzzle what so ever... i remember back in the days... took me hours to figure out each puzzle, sometime i went to gamefaqs.com to get some info tongue.gif, but this game everything was straight forward  sleep.gif

at the moment i'm looking for all the silver and gold medals. they are worth finding as specially the gold medals are true "tomb raiding" puzzle comes in wink.gif

i'm guessing  Eidos didn't want to spend too much money & time on it, although they hired Cristal Dynamic, but there was a chance of this game could fail. so hopefully the next tombraider will be even great smile.gif

though where i live you can't really rent xbox 360 games, but buy or rent, this game is well worth it.

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

i wish i would of rented it first, i didnt realize it didnt have content downloads, if it had content downloads then id say it would be worth a buy, but without it no way, i wish i didnt jump the gun so fast to buy it but to late now, good thing bluck buster gives way more store credit than EB or gamestop, EB just told me 16.00 credit for THAW, block buster gave me 35.00 plus tax came out to 38.00 and some change in store credit, eventually they will put all the traded in 360 games on the shelf for sale, screw EB and gamestop they are all rip offs, got me a 30 day game pass for 15.00 and i still have 23.00 in credit left possibly for a movie pass or wait till they throw some 360 games for sale on the shelves

but anyhow listen to IOG and rent the game instead

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

I had a ton of credits at my gamestop, like $20 worth... so I cashed all those in, somebody owed me $20, and I threw down $13. And my employee discount knocked off the rest, so it wasnt a big hit for me. I am really enjoying what I have played, though the motorcycle could of used fresher control....

Between this, Oblivion, Burnout and Far Cry I got a full plate.