xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tomb Raider Legends  (Read 1062 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »

I think Ive come across my first bug. I followed the templates directions and used the 4 books in order in the Croft Library to open a hidden door. I found a reward, but Im pretty sure Im supposed to get a Text Box like the others gave me giving me hints on what to do next, but I get nothing. The problem is I think thats the one single hint left that allows me to access other locked doors, like the 1 in her bedroom sad.gif

If anyone uses the 4 books and opens the bookcase and gets a text box, please let me know what it says, thanks. I guess I'll go back to playing the actual game now  laugh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

bah, 2 late 2 edit. Others have had the same problem, I found out what I was supposed to be shown, so yes its a bug that hindered me from moving on.

I need 1 more silver and 1 more bronze in the Manor, finding the Gold reward was pretty cool beerchug.gif

JethroTul

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

started it yestereday smile.gif it looks awesome .. saw as well they added those interactive cinematiks like dragons Lair where you need to press a button in time during the movie.

Am stuck in the caves where have 2 rolling rocks and you have 3 spaces to put them in. Its the one which when you put the rock on one of the spaces it opens on the left or right that huge pedestal with ladders and light towards the centre pedestal which needs to move up with a third something. Cant climb to the pedestal which opens to the left. Any suggestions ?

Deftech

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 01:54:00 AM »

I think youre further along. is that past the whole "travel back in time" part?

If so, I just passed that and havent come to the part youre asking about. By the way, that whole segment kicked ass. I liked the filter they used, and that monster was a nice twist while giving us a good peak into laras checkered past.

corkinator

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 04:22:00 AM »

quick question ... I avoided the previous posts and reviews because I don't want to spoil the game, but I do need to know something to help me buy it...

Are there mythological beasts in the game like the previous one's?

Or something like it?

Thanks smile.gif

JethroTul

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 04:36:00 AM »

at the moment tigers and a strange huge monster that doesnt bite biggrin.gif

jbp20717

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(JethroTul @ Apr 13 2006, 07:57 AM) View Post

started it yestereday smile.gif it looks awesome .. saw as well they added those interactive cinematiks like dragons Lair where you need to press a button in time during the movie.

Am stuck in the caves where have 2 rolling rocks and you have 3 spaces to put them in. Its the one which when you put the rock on one of the spaces it opens on the left or right that huge pedestal with ladders and light towards the centre pedestal which needs to move up with a third something. Cant climb to the pedestal which opens to the left. Any suggestions ?

You need to put the first rock on the space to the right, climb up the pedestal and push down the rock from up there.  Climb back down and go towards the pit you had to cross earlier - if you appraoch the pit from the area with the rocks, pedestal, etc, you will see a pillar on your right which can be pulled down with your grappling hook to reveal a third rock and bingo!  The pedestal on the left is only needed when you come back from the room which is revealed when you put the three rocks in place.  That bit had me puzzled for quite a while smile.gif

Just completed the game for the first time and despite not having played much Tomb Raider before, I loved it.  Don't want to reveal anything, but the ending is also left wide open for a sequel to be made biggrin.gif

Now gotta go back and try to get all the objects.....

@corkinator:  there are mythical creatures i.e. ones that don't really exist.  One appears as the main enemy and there are others as the game progresses.

corkinator

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 06:33:00 AM »

Thanks, I appreciate that smile.gif

Sounds cool! The demo was ok, but I want it now!

JethroTul

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

Thanks Jbp20717

problem Oblivion arrived today and dont know if I need to continue and finish tombraider before I even open the box of oblivion since many said it will keep me there

jbp20717

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »

Imo may as well finish Tomb Raider - its a pretty short game, after all.

Deftech

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

whatever that beastie was that chased me and the others in the caves was plenty creepy. Its not a "t-rex in lost valley" from TR 1 feeling, but nothing ever will be  smile.gif

Pages: 1 [2]