xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tomb Raider Legends  (Read 1061 times)

JethroTul

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« on: April 12, 2006, 12:50:00 AM »

should arrive today finally biggrin.gif when would we have a sticky like all great games for this superb game ?

Shame am recieving TRL and Oblivion today so dont know which one to start.

themadman123

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:14:00 AM »

You should start Tomb Raider first. Becuase if you start Oblivion, you will not stop and play another game for a long time.

metaldevil

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 04:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(JethroTul @ Apr 12 2006, 02:50 AM) *
when would we have a sticky like all great games for this superb game ?
Never is my guess. It doesn't have any lasting appeal. For that matter, I question why Condemned has its own subforum. Even though I dislike PDZ, I imagine it would harvest more discussion than Condemned.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 05:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Apr 12 2006, 06:09 AM) View Post

Never is my guess. It doesn't have any lasting appeal. For that matter, I question why Condemned has its own subforum. Even though I dislike PDZ, I imagine it would harvest more discussion than Condemned.

condemned has one because someone requested it http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3321671

I agree that TRL wont have enough discussion to warrant it's own thread, probably about as much as Condemned.

I wouldn't mind having a separate forum for every major game to come out. That is to say games like Rumble Roses and Blazing angels wont get anything, but major releases with a lot of pre-release hype like TRL and condemned would.

though there isn't much activity in the condemned thread it does span 6 pages, I imagine we have about as much for TRL right now in pre-release info.

hardcandy

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 05:47:00 AM »

Where is the King Kong separate forum?  biggrin.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

ZUMA DELUXE FORUM!!!!

Deftech

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

I spent 1:27 on the first map according to the game clock, and I still missed 14 of 16 secrets so Ill need to try and get them all my 2nd time thru. Awesome game, it really comes alive where the demo ended.

b15ginz

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

this game reminds me way to much of prince of persai...just with a bitch.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Apr 12 2006, 07:52 PM) View Post

I spent 1:27 on the first map according to the game clock, and I still missed 14 of 16 secrets so Ill need to try and get them all my 2nd time thru. Awesome game, it really comes alive where the demo ended.
damn you... none of the stores around me have it in yet  sad.gif

QUOTE(b15ginz @ Apr 12 2006, 07:53 PM) View Post

this game reminds me way to much of prince of persai...just with a bitch.
Actually POP reminds me of the old Tomb Raider games, did you ever play those?

deacon187

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Apr 12 2006, 04:52 PM) View Post

i was able to find 5 bronze and 1 silver the first time through, i swore i seen another silver at the part thats kinda like dragons lair in the bottom of one of those pits but after you jump over those blades and the wall closes up  behind you it seems theres no way to go back, i thought i got all of them lol, theres 10 bronze 5 silver and 1 gold in the first level, WOW, at least were not looking for black birds in the dark

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Apr 12 2006, 10:09 PM) View Post

...at least were not looking for black birds in the dark
I quite enjoyed searching for dead birds, I kid you not after I finished that game the very next day I was walking into work and saw a dead crow and the first thing that cross my mind was "I should collect that" immedialy followed by "damn I need to get out more"  laugh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

laugh.gif @ twisted

finding all the birds in condemed was a pain but it felt good afterwards.

And Yes, there is a reward in that pit where you have to Press A and B, and I have no idea how to retrieve it. You cant move in any direction or do anything else, other then pressing the buttons.

Ive spent a couple hours in the Croft manor and that alone has been pretty cool to explore.

leo5111

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

twisted you kill me rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif  rotfl.gif   ........although i have done that too    unsure.gif ...... laugh.gif

dgrams2003

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

Me & a bud just played for a couple hours and
we ended up at about 12% completed.

We just passed the point where a 'younger' Laura was in a mine shaft.

Love the game so far.   I'd give it a 9 out of 10.
Graphics, sound are great!  I'm still a little thrown off by camera angels
some times, but have managed to work my way through anyhow.

Looks like there are a few unlockables throughout the game that
will give you a little more gameplay after the main story is finished...

Good Job Crystal Dynamics.

Deftech

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Legends
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »

Ive got about 2 solid hours in her mansion and so far that alone has impressed me to the point of being glad I bought it. As far as the actual game, Im at the first motorcycle part. I saved and quit right as she started riding so I havent tried it yet.

The sounds/music in this game compliment everything perfectly. The camera is can be greatly manipulated so Im grateful for that. Im even beginning to enjoy the shoot outs with baddies.

Nothing can recapture the feeling you got when you played the first tomb raider 10 years ago, but if you put that sentimental feeling aside, as far as gameplay/puzzles/combat, controls, sound/music, level design, and obviously graphics are concerned, I'd have to say this is the best one out of them all smile.gif

lets hope we see another one(in a couple years so its not rushed) that takes advantage of the 360. But for a port, this is very polished and looks great in 720p.
Pages: [1] 2