xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wohoo! My Tomb Raider Legend Arrived This Morning!  (Read 1024 times)

Joergen

• Archived User
Wohoo! My Tomb Raider Legend Arrived This Morning!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

I accept alpha layers causing slowdown to some degree especially if the game is running at the performance edge and such effects only very briefly dip the frames (explosion etc). So I hope your description will hold true for me when I get the game on tuesday.

And TRL doesnt deserve all the hate its getting, there are far worse examples out there and TRL is pretty darn near perfect if it runs at 30fps in 720p. One of the biggest selling points for me with games like Kameo and PGR3 was the rock solid performance. Any game stops being impressive the moment it slows to a crawl. Its what you can cram onto the screen while still maintaining a solid performance that makes you a talented developer. The underdog loser developers have both poor visuals AND poor performance.

For instance I did play Condemned all the way through but cringing all the way, with a puke-bag at the ready almost. The framerate was horrid.

This post has been edited by Joergen: Apr 9 2006, 12:56 AM

whiteblur67

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

But I must admit, if the full version of TRL still has slowdowns in 720p then it reduces the game down to below average.

funny how console gamers may have to lower the resolution down to 480 to get a better framerate

QUOTE(esc1 @ Apr 8 2006, 04:53 PM) View Post

Coming from someone too lazy to write a sentence on a middle school level.

hey that was mean grr.gif

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(whiteblur67 @ Apr 9 2006, 12:26 AM) View Post

funny how console gamers may have to lower the resolution down to 480 to get a better framerate

Exactly. Reversely the advantage of the PC has always been if you think raising the resolution and or framerate is worth a few hundred bucks then its your choice, a choice I've taken almost every year. But I cant slap two 360's into SLI, the developers either upgrade or downgrade my console at their mercy.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(curiouscharles @ Apr 8 2006, 03:55 PM) View Post

this is the laziest port job yet, as far as graphics are concerned

here is a link to some TRL videos and watch the ps2 vs. 360 comparison (second video from top) and still tell me you dont see a difference.  if not your either a flind fool or a biased idiot...

http://www.gametrail...age.php?id=2209

you want to talk about lazy ports, then look at EA's Need for Speed or 2K's NHL 2k6, those are lazy ports.  IMO TRL is right up there (if not better) of a port as king kong.

QUOTE(Joergen @ Apr 8 2006, 07:26 PM) View Post

I accept alpha layers causing slowdown to some degree especially if the game is running at the performance edge and such effects only very briefly dip the frames (explosion etc). So I hope your description will hold true for me when I get the game on tuesday.

And TRL doesnt deserve all the hate its getting, there are far worse examples out there and TRL is pretty darn near perfect if it runs at 30fps in 720p. One of the biggest selling points for me with games like Kameo and PGR3 was the rock solid performance. Any game stops being impressive the moment it slows to a crawl. Its what you can cram onto the screen while still maintaining a solid performance that makes you a talented developer. The underdog loser developers have both poor visuals AND poor performance.

For instance I did play Condemned all the way through but cringing all the way, with a puke-bag at the ready almost. The framerate was horrid.

thats odd, im playing through condemned for the second time right now and i really dont remember any framerate problems.  even at times when im rolling in a dumpster, hanging on to a railway train, or fighting off 4 guys while a helicopter is shining its spotlight on the scene, it always remained smooth for me.  

TRL is a great game from what little i played so far and i cant wait until i own the final copy, if only oblivion wasnt taking up so much of my time i would get it on release day.
Pages: 1 [2]