xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wohoo! My Tomb Raider Legend Arrived This Morning!  (Read 1025 times)

Whyamiy

• Archived User
Wohoo! My Tomb Raider Legend Arrived This Morning!
« on: April 06, 2006, 05:57:00 AM »

Well I awoke to the sound of the postman this morning a day earlier than expected with my 360 version of TRL!

I have just spent an hour or so on it and I must say I was impressed biggrin.gif

The first level from the pc demo is vastly improved with much better graphics and a steady frame rate, there is plenty of puzzles to go through aswell in Bolovia and the mansion makes a return!

I was a bit worried though after I read that they had taken all of the animals and mythical creatures out as that was the best bit, but I was reassured as I was walking down a dark corridor and a Jaguar tried to eat me!

As I have only just finished the first level though (it took me 1 hour 30 mins) I don't know much else about it other than it does seem that Lara is back to her old glorious self and the graphics are awesome!

I'm off to Peru now to see if Andrea is alive.......

Oh, is there anyone else in the UK that got theirs today?

JethroTul

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

am totally jelous of you biggrin.gif

I pre-ordered mine from UK and was sent yesterday too but it takes 7 days or so to arrive to Malta grrrrrrr

squarejawhero

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »

So the demo FPS issues are gone? Superbio!

Whyamiy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

So the demo FPS issues are gone? Superbio!

Yes they are! well they seem to be so far, I have just finished a mad motorbike bit in Peru and then I went into a cave as a younger lara with some of her old friends and amanda and, well I won't spoil it for everyone but it is awesome!

I've got stuck now though, I won't tell but it involves a shiny thing, lots of pressure pads and shiny spheres, ladders and ugly heads with bright lights in the walls....

Oh and it wasn't andrea, it was amanda, and it's looking like she wasn't killed after all, but who knows?

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

You must have a high class computer.  tongue.gif

squarejawhero

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

Kickass! I look forward to playing it even more now. Cheers for the heads up again!

Whyamiy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 06:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(ShadowElitePro @ Apr 6 2006, 11:18 PM) View Post

You must have a high class computer.  tongue.gif

actualy my pc is crap, that's why i bought the 360 version. (read the 1st post)

Has anyone else got theres yet as I can't find ANY of the silver orgold rewards in peru, I found 4 bronze ones and thats it...

Also, does anyone know how to unlock the extra pistol parts?

MrSpumonte

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »

I've been busy playing the Xbox 1 version of TRL.  I'm stuck on like the 4th level where you have to place three balls on these platforms to raise a statue to allow light beams to cross through it.  Great game so far, but the combat seems like it still needed some tweaking.

Whyamiy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(MrSpumonte @ Apr 7 2006, 02:03 PM) View Post

I've been busy playing the Xbox 1 version of TRL.  I'm stuck on like the 4th level where you have to place three balls on these platforms to raise a statue to allow light beams to cross through it.  Great game so far, but the combat seems like it still needed some tweaking.

Hi, have you done this bit yet? That's the bit where I got stuck..

I've got stuck now though, I won't tell but it involves a shiny thing, lots of pressure pads and shiny spheres, ladders and ugly heads with bright lights in the walls....

In the end I found a statue by where all the floor falls away with one of them balls stuck in it, you can see it glimmering (well, you can on the 360 but the normal one may not?) and just use your grapple to pull it out, then you have all 3 balls to put on the pressure pads (that's if you have the one where you climb up and push it off the top of the right sculpture) Hope this helps!

I've just arrived in Ghanda at africa, and it is the best looking level yet! I've just used the mechanism to reveal the hidden tomb behind the waterfall cool.gif

MadPerry

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

i just went to buy this game today and they said it isn't out until next wednesday?!  but you have it already?  are you in the UK?  

i can't wait to play it.  i dl'ed the demo and played.  it seemed so short and i wanted to keep going.

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 01:26:00 AM »

Demo is hot as hell. Graphics off the hook.  Never been a fan of the series but I'm gonna have to give this one a whirl. biggrin.gif

curiouscharles

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

this is the laziest port job yet, as far as graphics are concerned

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(curiouscharles @ Apr 8 2006, 03:55 PM) View Post

this is the laziest port job yet, as far as graphics are concerned

Coming from someone too lazy to write a sentence on a middle school level.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

I wouldnt say laziest. I'd say Blazing Angels is the laziest by far, considering it cant push 15 frames at 720p and looks like an xbox1 game with absolutely zero pixel shader effects (apart from fancy tree shadows).

But I must admit, if the full version of TRL still has slowdowns in 720p then it reduces the game down to below average. SD at a steady 30fps is great and all but I play in HD and if it doesnt work properly (or works much worse than SD) then they have stabbed the HD era in the eye.

When you think about it, the xbox1 couldhave been just as much the "HD era" if regardless of framerate or performance all the devs had just added a 720p option to each game. Anybody can up the resolution and forget about making it run properly, anybody.

This post has been edited by Joergen: Apr 9 2006, 12:19 AM

Whyamiy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

But I must admit, if the full version of TRL still has slowdowns in 720p then it reduces the game down to below average.

I have been playing it at 1080i and as I mentioned before it runs really smooth, I don't have a clue about the frame rate or anything but the only time I've noticed any kind of lag is just lately when I have got to west africa, if you look directly at a large waterfall in aim mode and then move sharply in any direction it jerks a lot. Other than that though it is still a perfect game, and the people moaning about graphics I don't know what there problem is. I think it's the best looking game I have EVER seen!

I have never played the demo version but I can assure all you people that don't own the full version yet, it is THE best game on the 360 yet (coming from a huge tomb raider fan of course). Oblivion isn't far behind though, NOW THERES A GAME WITH A POOR FRAME RATE!

And also for people saying it is a poor port, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! I have played both the PS2 and Xbox 360 versions and their is no comparison as to which one is the best, the graphics are sharper and clearer, the sound is HUGELY improved (on the PS2 version you can barely here Lara's voice over the music) and the game runs soooo much smoother on the 360!

This post has been edited by Whyamiy: Apr 9 2006, 12:39 AM
Pages: [1] 2