xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Tomb Raider Demo?  (Read 2126 times)

redwolf

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaywalker)
Today/Tonight, Tomb Raider: Legend enters the 360 Marketplace,

Available for download will be:
- Playable demo
- Exclusive Marketplace Trailer
- 6 Theme Sets - 5 of Lara, 1 of Karima
- 5 Picture Packs

Enjoy smile.gif

http://www.tombraide...ead.php?t=57734
pop.gif

QUOTE(jaywalker)
Demo is free to download, the picture packs and themes will cost MS Points

ohmy.gif bastards tongue.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »

Nevermind how I acquired it, but I have the full PC version of the game. I also have a 360 controller (and the game already has the default buttons mapped to the right places on the gamepad) on my PC so I would only assume the PC version and the 360 version of the game are identical at that point aside from resolution changes.

So far I'm 11% complete and all I can say is as follows; the game is shit hot!!!!!! biggrin.gif I know I will be buying my legit copy next week. tongue.gif

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Apr 4 2006, 10:05 AM) View Post

Nevermind how I acquired it, but I have the full PC version of the game. I also have a 360 controller (and the game already has the default buttons mapped to the right places on the gamepad) on my PC so I would only assume the PC version and the 360 version of the game are identical at that point aside from resolution changes.

So far I'm 11% complete and all I can say is as follows; the game is shit hot!!!!!! biggrin.gif I know I will be buying my legit copy next week. tongue.gif
*torrent thief*  tongue.gif

I think this is the first game I'm honestly torn between buying on PC over 360.  I'm also demoing the game to see which will look better, but since I'll be playing on an OLD ATI 9800 Pro, I'm leaning towards the 360 version.  Plus the achievements will be welcomed.  And damned if that faux-HDR doesn't look good on the 360.  Now the question is... is the 360 version worth the $10 extra?

Glad to know the game is good though.  Hopefully my demo will be downloaded by tonite.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Apr 4 2006, 11:46 AM) View Post

*torrent thief*  tongue.gif

I think this is the first game I'm honestly torn between buying on PC over 360.  I'm also demoing the game to see which will look better, but since I'll be playing on an OLD ATI 9800 Pro, I'm leaning towards the 360 version.  Plus the achievements will be welcomed.  And damned if that faux-HDR doesn't look good on the 360.  Now the question is... is the 360 version worth the $10 extra?

Glad to know the game is good though.  Hopefully my demo will be downloaded by tonite.

If you are still using that 9800.........I wouldnt recommend the PC version, unless you are obsessed with having extremely quick load times.
Now for anyone with a Geforce 6800 or higher I'd say get the PC version if you want as you will be able to turn on the setting in the options called "next-generation effects" (better known as the SM 3.0 option or xbox 360 option) laugh.gif  Talk about a 360 port, since when did PC games have options for "next-generation effects" rolleyes.gif

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Apr 4 2006, 11:19 AM) View Post

If you are still using that 9800.........I wouldnt recommend the PC version, unless you are obsessed with having extremely quick load times.
Now for anyone with a Geforce 6800 or higher I'd say get the PC version if you want as you will be able to turn on the setting in the options called "next-generation effects" (better known as the SM 3.0 option or xbox 360 option) laugh.gif  Talk about a 360 port, since when did PC games have options for "next-generation effects" rolleyes.gif
I agree that gaming on a 9800 is a tad... outdated.  But I'm waiting to see what's Vista-certified by ATI in a few months before I start plunking down cash on a new video card.  I've gotta upgrade a few things in my box and that's one of them.  The timing couldn't be better.  So I guess for now, I'm going with the 360 version.

EDIT:  Hahaha, I just got the Lara Desktop character from the website.  Reminds me of those "Desktop Pole Dancers" that were so popular in the 90's.  Dance Lara, DANCE! laugh.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Apr 4 2006, 12:27 PM) View Post

I agree that gaming on a 9800 is a tad... outdated.

Yeah, FEAR made me part with my 9800 sad.gif when I was smacked in the face with only getting an avg of 32fps @ 800x600 with no AA and every other graphical setting at medium.

laugh.gif Lara Desktop character.......

KAGE360

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

According to this Eidos press release, the Tomb Raider Legend demo for the XBox360 will be avaiable today. We know how we have gotten screwed on demo dates before though, so keep an eye out. Click read more for the full press info.

Eidos Interactive, one of the world’s leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, today confirms the exclusive content for Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend which will be available for Xbox 360™ on Xbox Live Marketplace from Tuesday April 4th 2006.

The playable Xbox 360 demo of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend will be available to download together with an exclusive trailer of the game and also a selection of themes to customise your Xbox 360. There will also be a selection of picture packs of Lara from the game and real-life Lara, Karima Adebibe.

“Xbox Live Marketplace offers a platform of such dynamic exposure to bring Lara closer to new gamers and her existing fans,” said Matt Gorman, Senior Brand Manager for Tomb Raider “We are expecting the same level of anticipation and interest in Lara and her new game on Xbox Live Marketplace as we do with the fantastic Tomb Raider online community.”

Delivering unbelievable visuals that take full advantage of MS’s next-generation video game and entertainment system, Lara’s premiere on Xbox 360 is grounded in the series’ tomb raiding roots. Created by Crystal Dynamics, Lara exploits the power of Xbox 360 with its newly created graphics system for Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend is the seventh title to be released in the Tomb Raider™ series, which originally launched in 1996 and is still one of the best selling videogame franchises of all time, with over 28 million copies sold.

For further information visit: www.tombraider.com

http://www.gamersrep....com/news/2012/

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:03 PM) View Post

it should be up!! impressions for those of us still at work please!

I already gave an impression of the full version, I said the game was shit hot tongue.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:09 PM) View Post

I already gave an impression of the full version, I said the game was shit hot tongue.gif

i know i know, but im a spaz for lara croft  biggrin.gif

i was more curious to things like how long the demo was and what things stand out in the demo.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

Since I have no clue on how long and where the xbox 360 demo (or the PC demo for that matter) takes place in the game I can't give you any of that information. I can say a few things though. If you loved TR 1&2, you will be hooked on Legends. The gameplay has one again made itself the bread and butter of the Tomb Raider series......along with fantastic visuals. I felt let down by the TR series from TR3 through TRAOD, but I am loving every second of Legends. I don't know what else to say............the game is great and the controls work very well...........and I can tell you one thing that does stand out very well (aside from the HDR, shaders, and mapping) and they are located on Lara's chest laugh.gif

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

I have only 1 question.  Are there any huge cliffs/structures I can jump off of?  

I had this odd game of killing lara in TR1 & 2... see how long she could scream for and stuff.  Sick, I know, but fun none-the-less.  It also lent itself to self-preservation in the game.  I got a knotted-up sphincter everytime she was hanging from a sheer cliff after a ill-timed jump.  wink.gif

alsybub

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

Still not available sad.gif

ikecomp

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Apr 4 2006, 01:22 PM) View Post

If you loved TR 1&2, you will be hooked on Legends. The gameplay has one again made itself the bread and butter of the Tomb Raider series......along with fantastic visuals.

This was all I needed to know.

I hope those other games in the series burn in hell  grr.gif   grr.gif

Laura's chest with enhanced 360 jiggles  love.gif

CAjr45

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

I agree that gaming on a 9800 is a tad... outdated. But I'm waiting to see what's Vista-certified by ATI in a few months before I start plunking down cash on a new video card. I've gotta upgrade a few things in my box and that's one of them. The timing couldn't be better. So I guess for now, I'm going with the 360 version.

not that simple im afraid my friends. 9800 pro and 6800 gt are 2 different bus slots if you didnt know

not only would he had brought a new vid card, he would need a new mother board, possibly a new cpu, new ram since older versions do Dimm ram i think its called. and a new and higher watt power supply

EDIT* if you ARE willing to put down that kind of money, wait till this summer when amd releases am2 socket. and ATI has released their x2000 series with like shader model 4 and i would think 1gb cards  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Tomb Raider Demo?
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(CAjr45 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:45 PM) View Post

not that simple im afraid my friends. 9800 pro and 6800 gt are 2 different bus slots if you didnt know

not only would he had brought a new vid card, he would need a new mother board, possibly a new cpu, new ram since older versions do Dimm ram i think its called. and a new and higher watt power supply
EDIT* if you ARE willing to put down that kind of money, wait till this summer when amd releases am2 socket. and ATI has released their x2000 series with like shader model 4 and i would think 1gb cards  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
I'm aware of all those details.  I build PC's.  But I only upgrade when the dire need strikes.  I'm using a Athlon64 3000 S-939 right now with a gig of ram and a 9800 Pro... and that's not even enough.  That's why I stick to consoles.  But come August when Vista certification is complete, I'll think about upgrading again.  It'll had been 2-3 years by then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5