xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kameo A Rank. Read Please Xd  (Read 597 times)

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
Kameo A Rank. Read Please Xd
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

Some of my hardcore friends (ST TheKing) have it. Basically you must take your time, but make sure you hit as many enemies as possible without getting hit back. Once you are hit, your multiplier drops. I though I was close on the last stage; I figured the boss fight would do it. However, the boss isn't an objective, so you must get all the points prior. It'll take a lot of time to master if you are willing to invest in it.

tommy600

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

It's not impossible I have them.  The key to getting the really high score is getting your multipliers way up and then going into focus mode and killing the doom trolls.  This is a lot easier in the later levels once you get 40 Below, but in the early levels when your warrior choices are limited it gets trickier.  Another thing you have to do is build up all of you multipliers (carnage, brutal, and frenzy).  This means not getting hit or especially catching on fire or falling off cliffs.  

Also make sure when you are killing trolls that you are not just racking up the carnage multipliers.  Your score for each kill is troll points* carnages*brutals*frenzies so without all three you will never get the A ranks (you can see the difference below).  For a rough example if a troll is worth 10 points and you have the following multipliers scores your score for one kill will be as follows:
Troll points   *     Carnage * Brutal * Frenzy = Total points for that troll
     10          *        50       *    1     *    1         =      500
     10          *        50       *   40    *    40        =     800,000

There are a lot of ways to get all the multipliers up, for example in the first level I used Chilla to though everyone on my back then hurl them over the ledge, I think you get something like 3 carnages, 3 brutals, and 2 frenzies for every 3 trolls.

Another thing to look out for is multiple troll spawns.  Every level has at least one but many people miss them because they don’t start spawning right away.  You need these extra trolls to get your score high enough to get the A ranks.  On Thorn’s castle there is one after you kill the three white trolls, on the Forgotten Forest there’s one after you rescue the first little shrub guy and then one after the second set of white trolls.

Hope this helps let me know if you need any help.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

If you're looking for Cheap GamerPoints don't expect to find them in Kameo

As for Co-Op yes you need to have completed the level in Single player to play it Co-Op

Go over to gameFaqs, there's a really good A-Rank guide there that tells you everything you need to know.

I couldn't even come close on the first level last time I tried (I got the basic concepts but there weren't any good guides out at that point), I'll probably try again at some point but I've got better games to play for now.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

none of the fruits are collected in the actual levels, they're all collected in the explorable areas between the levels which is to say as soon as you collect them they should stay with your save game permanently.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

they arent worth any points, but its worth a try

tommy600

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoyScout @ Apr 13 2006, 08:29 PM) View Post

Anyone know if Co-op is harder

It's actualy much easier on co-op.   I don't know if you could loose if you wanted to.  In co-op if one person dies and the other is still alive the one that died comes back to life.  I don't know if this changed with the update though.  It takes any challenge out of it but it is still fun as hell, you can come up with hundreds of ways to kill trolls with two people.