xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kameo - Xbox Live Update  (Read 676 times)

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« on: April 06, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »

I heard that Kameo was getting extra content this week, although I'm not sure what it was.

tommy600

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

There are also 9 new acheivements which you can see HERE.   Since the game already has 1000 gamerpoints these are all worth zero.

DaForce

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

Ahhhh cool thanks.. online coop.. seems sensible. The update was tiny took like 5 seconds to download.. maybe it was already there.. just needed unlocking (online coop that is)

Mmmm 9 more worthless achievements.. *sigh*

Thanks again lads biggrin.gif

DarkDeity

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »

i think it also fixed the fact that if you got an achievement without being on live it didnt award it toyou.... ie i unlocked deep blue, but didnt get an ahievement... when i updated Kameo it gave the achievement to me

DaForce

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

ahh ok .. thats pretty cool. Good that they fixed that.

I just finished Kameo yesterday... great game biggrin.gif now to find those last 13 fruits.

penguin318

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 03:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(DarkDeity @ Apr 9 2006, 02:08 AM) View Post

i think it also fixed the fact that if you got an achievement without being on live it didnt award it toyou.... ie i unlocked deep blue, but didnt get an ahievement... when i updated Kameo it gave the achievement to me

i won "be first to play" we got our 360's 8 days befor launch with kameo. could not log into LIVE but i got achivements

"Found Deep Blue
Kameo can transform into five Elemental Warriors
Acquired 11/19/2005 "

edit* maybe by the time i got it i could log into live as it is one of the first one's that show the date

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

if it has an acquired date then you were on Live, achievements without an acquired date were acquired offline.

This is great... now I can go through and finish the co-op modes

that's cool that they added achievements, it would have been nice if they lowered the points of the other achievements so that these would be worth something though. A Ranking is no easy task... though I suppose bragging rights with the badge is worth more then any points they'd be giving out  smile.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaForce @ Apr 11 2006, 12:44 AM) View Post

twistedsymphony:
Have you seen the A ranking videos that are linked to via a txt file on the achieve360points.com?
Has a bunch of levels (all maybe) as some chaps efforts to get A ranking on all levels. Ends up with like a squillion points.. lol
Interesting to watch biggrin.gif

I'll have to check that out, thanks beerchug.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

pretty nice web site, every one is going after the same stuff so we dont have to clutter it up here  beerchug.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Apr 11 2006, 10:22 AM) View Post

pretty nice web site, every one is going after the same stuff so we dont have to clutter it up here  beerchug.gif
meh... it's ok, I've used it for a few achievements here and there but in general their motto says it all "every point counts" yes because we're all gamerscore whores. Most of their guides just describe the cheapest way to get to 1000, lots of in accurate information and the thing that pisses me off most is the guy who submitted the PGR3 guide ripped off most of the one I wrote here... VERBATIM  dry.gif  I was reading through it thinking to myself "gee this guy's got a writing style very similar to mine" then I hit something that just struck me as TOO similar. compairing the two a good number of achievement how tos were just straight up ripped-off, and a good number of the rest was ripped off witha  little bit of info missing or added. Makes me wonder how many of their other guides are ripped off.

It's useful for looking at the achievement list for upcoming games but aside from that I find that site mostly useless, certainly don't have as much useful information as say, gamefaqs.

fastTOE

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

i wonder if pgr will take a similar aproach when they add the acheivements,... i know they only had 900 to begin with so they have one hundred points to work with,... but i wonder if they'll make like 50 new acheivements worth 2 pts each or something, purely for bragging rights......

(sorry for partial thread hijacking)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Kameo - Xbox Live Update
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(fastTOE @ Apr 11 2006, 09:39 PM) View Post

i wonder if pgr will take a similar aproach when they add the acheivements,... i know they only had 900 to begin with so they have one hundred points to work with,... but i wonder if they'll make like 50 new acheivements worth 2 pts each or something, purely for bragging rights......

(sorry for partial thread hijacking)

I want to say I remember a dev talking about how there is a MAX of 50 achievements allowed just like there is a MAX of 1000 points allowed. Similarly XBLA games are capped at 12 achievements and 200 points.

There's also a minimum number of achievements, probably 5 considering that's what a number of the sports games have.

I would imagine PGR3's achievements are something like , Steel, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, the extra levels, or collect all the new cars, etc.