xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Finally Beat Kameo  (Read 656 times)

themadman123

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« on: December 19, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »

Yeah, I like Kameo, the most diffrent of all the other launch games. I havn't beaten it yet just for the fact that I havn't had anytime to play anything becuase of work.....But hopefully that'll change soon. I can't wait to play some 360 games.....Oh yeah, Call of Duty 2 is amazing....have fun with that one.

tommiwan

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »

What did you use to beat Thorn?  There are a couple ways you can do it.

tommiwan

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 08:58:00 AM »

Somewhere on here there is another thread where I described how I did it.  I used 40 below, and made a snowball which I then used todo his wrecking ball attach.  When you are doing that attack Thorn can't hurt you... then I would get away until my magic meter recharged and do it again.  it did take a while but was REALLY easy.

Marrvia

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(tommiwan @ Dec 20 2005, 08:05 AM) View Post

Somewhere on here there is another thread where I described how I did it.  I used 40 below, and made a snowball which I then used todo his wrecking ball attach.  When you are doing that attack Thorn can't hurt you... then I would get away until my magic meter recharged and do it again.  it did take a while but was REALLY easy.

thats the way i did it.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

I'm really glad you guys like this this game. I finished solo career and a good chunk of the achievements on PGR3 and picked Kameo up the other day. I've only played the first couple of levels but I'm really enjoying it so far.

I was debating between Kameo and Tony Hawk (I'm a huge fan of the TH series) I ultimately decided on Kameo because I'd played and enjoyed the demo and it was $10 cheaper than TH. Also I had no idea how American Wasteland stacked up against the previous titles. I don't think I would have ever considered Kameo if I hadn't played the demo.
... let that be a lesson to you game publishers out there. Being able to play a demo makes a differences, as does something like a $10 price difference when it comes between your game and someone else's. beerchug.gif

p$ilocybin

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

im having problems getting the boss of the snow temples huge last eye off the platform we fight on...any tips guys?

Lerxst

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(whitebwoy @ Dec 19 2005, 09:01 PM) View Post

just finished it in 10 hours 42 min. I actually thought this game was pretty fun, had a good time. I think im gonna try call of duty next.

I haven't played Kameo yet, but I'm almost done with COD2 in veteren mode - just finished D-Day mission the "Silo" almost made me quit, but I finally nailed it. It is insane - you'll love it. Congrats on beating Kameo!
 smile.gif

~Lerxst

whitebwoy

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(p$ilocybin @ Dec 21 2005, 01:37 AM) View Post

im having problems getting the boss of the snow temples huge last eye off the platform we fight on...any tips guys?

i had problems with that guy too, took me forever. U just have to keep spinning with 40 below until u knock it off the edge.

QUOTE(Lerxst @ Dec 21 2005, 01:53 AM) View Post

I haven't played Kameo yet, but I'm almost done with COD2 in veteren mode - just finished D-Day mission the "Silo" almost made me quit, but I finally nailed it. It is insane - you'll love it. Congrats on beating Kameo!
 smile.gif

~Lerxst

thanks man. I cant wait to start on COD2

Sirgey

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(p$ilocybin @ Dec 20 2005, 07:37 PM) View Post

Someplace I heard that Major Ruin (The advarck looking ball guy) worked great for getting that last big eye off the platform, just spin into him and he will bounce off that platform like your playing pool.  Sort of what is awesome about this game, there are so many ways to accomplish the same task, leaves it open for alot of replay.

tommiwan

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sirgey @ Dec 21 2005, 07:10 AM) View Post

Someplace I heard that Major Ruin (The advarck looking ball guy) worked great for getting that last big eye off the platform, just spin into him and he will bounce off that platform like your playing pool.  Sort of what is awesome about this game, there are so many ways to accomplish the same task, leaves it open for alot of replay.

I tried Major Ruin, but had no luck with him... Another problem that could occur is if you miss you could fall off the edge with Major Ruin.  

the best I could tell ya is to be 40 below and when the big eye is out you need to stay between it and the body of the guy so it can't get back in to his body.   I was watching my friend play this part and he couldn't do it, then I got in there and did it on the first try... just keep trying.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(tommiwan @ Dec 21 2005, 09:45 AM) View Post

I tried Major Ruin, but had no luck with him... Another problem that could occur is if you miss you could fall off the edge with Major Ruin.  ...

That's the best part about Major Ruin, if you go off an edge you can simply start a spin up again in mid air and launch yourself back up  smile.gif

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
Finally Beat Kameo
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

Beated it aswell.. Beaten Thorn, have all 4 eyes.. But the achievement "finished game" doesn't lit up..

How come?! Do they mean that u need all other achievments first or anything? Getting A rank is insane! (Well for me)