xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Beat Kameo, But Achievements Don't Show It.  (Read 574 times)

tommiwan

• Archived User
Beat Kameo, But Achievements Don't Show It.
« on: December 13, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

So I rented Kameo because there was nothing else at the store.  I kept it a little longer and beat it.  I beat Thorn, watched the ending cutscene, watched some of the credits roll.

In my achievements on my gamertag there is one for "game complete" but I didn't get it.  I did get "Beaten Thorn"  Has anyone else beaten this game?  Did you or did you not get credit for beating it?

BTW the ending was REALLY easy.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

Game complete you get for collecting all the fruit, gems, and etxras.

Beaten Thorn is the only acheivement you unlock for beating the game.  It's pretty fair, 600 gamerscore points for about 6 hours of gameplay, I'll take it.

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

i suggest listening to major nelsons podcast from last week when he has a tester from kameo on for an interview and tells pretty much every detail about the game.

tommiwan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

Ya, I listened to that podcast, it was pretty good.  I don't own the game so I won't be renting it again just to go through and finish out my achievements.  Did anyone else think that Thorn was too easy?

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »

He's pretty cake walk ish.  

I really can't tell if games are becoming too easy, or I am just so used to seeing the same types of games that they all play through really easy.  

We really need some innovation in games these days.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

Please, feel free to indulge my curiosity.   I beat Thorn... but it took me 2 hours (yes, that's 1 turn, no dying) because I couldn't come up with a good attack combo.  I'm just wondering what I did wrong beyond constantly whittling away at him.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »

To beat Thorn in about 5-10 minutes

Thermite's powered up bombs, and I ignored every other enemy while doing so, the splash damage takes them out, and just switch to Kameo to keep from him hitting you and pick up hearts.

When your sis tries to help him, take her out with Chilla's sniping icicle attack.  Just pound her to dust, your done.

tommiwan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

Mine may be even easier.  Use 40 below and make a snowball, then when you pull right trigger he has some sort of spin move ( I forget the name of it ) so he is like a spinning wrecking ball.  While you are in that move nothing hurts you so just head right up to thorn and let loose on him.  Then back off until your magic recharges and do it again.  When he is down finish off your sister with Chilla.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(wasting @ Dec 13 2005, 08:08 PM) View Post

i suggest listening to major nelsons podcast from last week when he has a tester from kameo on for an interview and tells pretty much every detail about the game.

Off topic- how did you get your sigpic of your gamercard to not have the 'powered by mygamercard.net' text.

tommiwan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »

looks like he donated $5 to them for the upgraded card... notice the top right corner also it shows his current online status

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

Yeah, that's cool.

X-S should let you use the official Xbox.com ones in your sig...