xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kameo?  (Read 432 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Kameo?
« on: November 22, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

Who's played Kameo on their new shiny X360? I wanna know how it is.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »

I downloaded the Kameo Demo from Xbox live market place and to be honest the game is boring

Rubix42

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

I'm loving it, it's a fun romp through fantasy land.  I'm a big fan of platformer/adventure games though.

Deftech

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »

Being in my own surroundings didnt make the game more fun than it was in the stores unfortunately, it is sex for the eyes though  rolleyes.gif  My opinion.... Eye Candy = 8, Fun Factor = 1

Carlo210

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 24 2005, 09:07 AM)
Being in my own surroundings didnt make the game more fun than it was in the stores unfortunately, it is sex for the eyes though  rolleyes.gif  My opinion.... Eye Candy = 8, Fun Factor = 1

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »

It's definatly a bright, fairly fun game which is absolutly essential for the launch of a system.  I definatly enjoy it but was slightly dissapointed with a few aspects.  I was super bummed about the crappy intro movie, it really throws you into the story without much explanation at all.  I was also bummed about the fact that when you use your elementals that they just fade in and out.  Cmon this is next gen, I wanted to see some sick morphing.  The gameplay is decent though, and the sound is great.  The graphics are pretty good most of the time with the occosianal OMG!!1 like when going the tall grass and some of the wall textures.  I'll definatly beat the game and enjoying doing so, but will probobly trade it in eventually.

Everything is opinion though, some will hate it, others may love it... just sharing my experience.

Megamil

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 01:17:00 AM »

I'm not really liking this game either......but then again....I'm no fan of Platformers....but the graphics are decent.

MadPerry

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 06:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(CooLJoE @ Nov 25 2005, 01:18 PM) View Post

I have Kameo and PGR3, and all I have been playing is Kameo. I think its a great game and is easily one of the best Xbox360 launch titles. I sure hope it gets a sequel or two.

right on.  i'm with you there.  and there are areas where the visuals just make me say aloud, "WOW!" love.gif

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

2nd report:   The more you play Kameo, the better it gets.  I'm actually starting to really enjoy the game and have been really impressed with the visuals I've seen along the way.  Kameo is the one title that really makes me want that shiny new HDTV.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

It looks like it can easily be one of those games you want to go through again and again once you finish it. Can't wait for my 360!  smile.gif

Cereal DRD

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

great game untill you finish it, then your sad cause its not longer. i loved every minute of it.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »

I've played many short games over and over due to their replayability. Ratchet and Clank: UYA (here I go again) was around 6 hours long for the campaign (felt shorter), but the fact that you upgrade your weapons and character health and armor added worlds of replay value for me. You start out with the blaster, upgrade it's stats, buy new weapons, switch between them during battle for certain strategies or circumstances, upgrade their stats, buy newly unlocked weapons, upgrade them too, then use them all by performing multi-weapon strategies - depending on each situation or what mood you're in, and so on.
By the time you are used to using every gun and having maxed health and the best armor, start a new campaign. Your strategy and play-style resets and you explore the advancements all over again. You may end up developing new combo strategies or favorite weapons, or get better at the gameplay and challenge yourself and so on. It never gets old.

Kameo is the same in terms of upgrading. You start out with a warrior, upgrade it's attacks, find new warriors, switch between them during battle and use each of them for certain strategies or circumstances, upgrade their attacks, find more warriors, upgrade their attacks too, then use them all by performing multi-warrior combos - depending on each situation or what mood you're in, and so on.
By the time you are used to using every warrior and having maxed health and spirit, start a new campaign. Your strategy and play-style resets and you explore the advancements all over again. You may end up developing new combo strategies or favorite warriors, or get better at the gameplay and challenge yourself and so on. It never gets old.

I think I'm gonna enjoy this one.  smile.gif

unclepauly

• Archived User
Kameo?
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 03:29:00 AM »

holy shyte cereal did that girl get brain damage from that slap? that was a viscous slap!