xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Huxley Single Player Campaign?!  (Read 551 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Huxley Single Player Campaign?!
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

If this was posted, I suck.

If not, we can use the excuse we didnt see it because its from 1up, but for once they posted something that made my day! This went from a No 2 a Yes real quick smile.gif

Due to new rules set in place, I'll quote the part that made me jump for joy, click the link below to read the rest of the 2 page 360 preview smile.gif

The single-player campaign -- exclusive to the 360 -- gives players a more traditional shooter experience, with level-based missions and standard run and gun gameplay. The twist to this mode is that it has ties to the MMO mode, so at certain points in the single-player game where you need a specific item, you can jump online and meet up with a friend to get the item, then head back to the single-player game.

This may sound like a hassle for those who just want to make their way through the campaign quickly, but the developers assure us there will be good reasons for players to want to meet up with other real life players mid-game. Additionally, any item you would need to go online to pick up won't be essential to completing the campaign, so players who refuse to connect to Xbox Live will still be able to go through the campaign...they will just miss out on a lot that the game has to offer.

2 page preview....Clicky

Oh and co-op is mentioned. Its not implemented but isnt out of the question either. Damn, between this and Gears, I dont think my eyes can handle all the beauty!

Sweenerdog32

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »

Yeah Huxley just keeps getting better...I guess this is enough motive to buy gold happy.gif. On the other hand, how in gods name am I supposed to come up with $220 buy (haha pun) the end of the year? I guess, it's not really that hard, but I like to buy things happy.gif

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

The only deciding factor for this game for me is whether or not we will have to pay an extra monthly fee.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tripme @ Apr 22 2006, 05:53 PM) View Post

The only deciding factor for this game for me is whether or not we will have to pay an extra monthly fee.

Im sure you will, and until today, I didnt know there was a Non-MMO mode. I dislike MMOs, and no way in hell am I paying 60.00 for a game and another 8 to 15.00 a month.

Im getting this just for the offline single player campaign. Im a sucker for U3 engine games  love.gif I was scared Id have to pass on this because it would be "MMO Only", that fear has passed smile.gif