xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Huxley  (Read 2229 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Huxley
« on: June 18, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

Xbox live silver offers everything but online play, but it does say that mmo games will require an extra fee, whether using live silver or gold.
Basically, you will have to pay for the mmo experience, but you do not require to have xbox live gold too.

Basically, we will have to pay for Final Fantasy XI and WoW if it makes it through.

Huxley is no exception.

enixn

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

yeah

Carlo210

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

Thanks for the constructive feedback lol.

enixn

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

np hehe...i was just backing up your statement heh

Twasi

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

Bah I just posted this in the FF thread before I read this haha, owell it needed it's own thread anyways.

love.gif Huxley love.gif   Simply can't wait....

Carlo210

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »

Hopefully the online payment to play huxley online won't be too vigorous since it IS a console exclusive.

Twasi

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »

Do you mean console exclusive as in only on 360 and not any other console or as in only on console? because it is also on PC
http://pc.ign.com/ar...7/617966p1.html
I think the game will be $15 a month although it could easily be more seeing as how extensive this game sounds, it could take alot of money to produce and keep running smoothly. It sounds so awesome, big cities filled with your team you can trade items and  develope your character having it evolve and gain new abilities. Sounds truly amazing, GOTY material. The only thing is, it sounds so great I wounder if they can really pull all this stuff off. I sure hope so.  beerchug.gif

_DiGiTaL_

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »

Double payments will always suck specially most of us getting the Gold package but atleast xbox finally get good MMOs wich is gonna be nice playing FF online and other RPG online titles

Ozy

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 07:12:00 AM »

Well that's shit! You have to pay for Xbox live gold then pay to use the game online too.
What they hell do M$ do with the subscriptions.
If this extra payment is required then $ony are gonna kill xbox live because their service it free.

Get your act together M$, people have payed for xbox live for years and it has given you profit don't make us have double the subscription!

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ Jun 19 2005, 03:23 PM)
Well that's shit! You have to pay for Xbox live gold then pay to use the game online too.

Twasi

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

Yes, you have to pay on the PS2, infact all MMO's you have to pay for, M$ doesn't see any of the extra charge, it goes to the company who developed the game so they can pay to keep those huge servers online and do maintenance and release patches and fix bugs. I have always hated paying an extra $10-15 a MONTH, it makes it seem like so much money.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »

I thought I had already cleared up the MMO vs. Gold subscription fee confusions  dry.gif

The Fees are completely exclusive of each other. Meaning you can have a MMO subscription without a Gold subscription. Also meaning your Gold subsciption doesn't contribute to the MMO games

Why you ask?
Simple... the Servers

MMO games require massive dedicated servers. Most of the time these servers are not run by MS but the company that published the game. Ms on the other hand runs the XBL servers. So how exactly would money you sent to MS make it into the hands of a MMO game publisher? It wouldn't, and thats why the fees are exclusive.

This doesn't necessarily mean that all MMO games will have subsciption fees. They very well could be hosted right on the XBL servers meaning that you could play online with a Gold subsciption. more often than not it will be separate simply because of the bandwith MMOs require over a reguar game.

Having owned and operated several servers of my own both game and websites. IMO the $10 a month they charge for MMO games is a rip off while the XBL subscription fee is a bargain if you actually use it frequently. Ultimately it comes down to this: Things are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. If most gamers weren't willing to pay $10 a month subscription fee they they would have to lower there prices... publishers will always squeeze as much out of you as they can, that's just what they do; if you don't like it then speak up with your wallet.

Twasi

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »

I think the main reason people are complaining of the fee ontop of the gold fee is because they plan to get gold anyways and don't see why they have to pay an extra $10 while they also pay M$ for XBL, if you were explaining why you are paying for extra $10 like I think you were, then nvm. pop.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 05:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ Jun 19 2005, 03:23 PM)

mikeandbandit

• Archived User
Huxley
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 07:12:00 AM »

actually no the game could very well be FREE once you understand the methods behind its gameplay and servers then you realize it could be free.

basically it uses a system similar to guild wars and joint ops, while they both require dedicated servers, you are not interacting on the same level as a normal MMO, for instance in one section/map in FFX1 you might have hundreds, even a thousand people, with Huxley there are several severs at 5000 each, similar to guild wars which at  split into two distinctive safe zones, outside of these safe zones it a mostly seemless world, however the actual FFS fighting takes place in "battle zones" these battle zones hold a maximum of 128 players each, and can actually be supported by much smaller servers similar to joint ops. thus the real "interaction" in terms of fighting only takes place in specialized zones so a faster larger server is not needed.

so again it may very well be free however in exchange you arent fighting 5000 people at one time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5