xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hitman Demo Up  (Read 1558 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(nightwulf28 @ May 26 2006, 02:43 PM) View Post

It sucks really bad. reasons I give and my opinion of course.

#1.  Prior gen graphics.  Weak character models, nothing flashy in backgrounds and even slowdown at times.
#2.  Horrible controls.  Really feels floaty and not precise as I would prefer.
#3.  Terrible animations. I mean he walks like he has a stick up his you know what.
#4.  Voice acting is also weak.

Add this up and what do you get?  Another watered down past gen port.  Nothing More.  I will spend my $$ else where thank you. sleeping.gif

I agree on the controls... they are not too smooth.
I would argue the graphics aren't the BEST, but NOT something the Xbox would really be able to easily do, if do at ALL.
I think the animations, though not mindblowing, are good, especially when you shoot people, there are some nice ragdolls.  I shot a guy and he was draped across a chair, then slowly slid down it.
I TOTALLY disagree with voice acting... I think it's AWESOME.  Very good.  The mobster threatening the lawyer... GREAT.  The guy begging for his life and for Scoop to pay him, AWESOME, VERY convincing... I actually felt bad killing the guy.

fastTOE

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

the graphics really didn't impress me much at all,.... but it was fun, (like others side, IF you like hitman styles games).... i agree the newspaper was a nice touch..... even though they said i was an amateur bc i fired like 200+ shots or something (i had to kill everybody! -the second time through at least-) so, definately if you like hitman then at least download this.... at 40bucks not a bad deal,.... i'll have to debate between this and ping pong, where's that demo?

alsybub

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 08:20:00 PM »

I have decided to definitely not waste my money on this I have also decided not to buy Moto GP '06 (simply because I feel there isn't enough to hold my attention - the game is great). Instead I'm using the money I would have spent to get a DS LIte

Much more worth while I think. biggrin.gif

Corrosive Substance

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

I love the Hitman series and I wasn't dissapointed. If you don't like Hitman games then don't download this one. I think this is by far better than Lost Planet and Moto GP.

alsybub

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Corrosive Substance @ May 29 2006, 01:29 AM) View Post

I love the Hitman series and I wasn't dissapointed. If you don't like Hitman games then don't download this one. I think this is by far better than Lost Planet and Moto GP.

It's no offence to the game, Just that it doesn't exactly do much more than a previous gen game. I'd rather pay a cheaper price and have it on PC or - dare I say it - PS2

Corrosive Substance

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ May 29 2006, 03:36 AM) View Post

It's no offence to the game, Just that it doesn't exactly do much more than a previous gen game. I'd rather pay a cheaper price and have it on PC or - dare I say it - PS2

I would buy it for PS2 but that crap broke on me and I will not buy it again. Also, I only use my Xbox 360. I know some of you may think I am a lunatic but I love Hitman Games.

alsybub

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »

I hear you.

Although PS2 is worth owning for ICO, Shadow of the Collossus, The Katamari Damacy Series and REZ with 60fps.

Can't think of any other games on it that I really love right now.

Corrosive Substance

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

I always go to my friends to play PS2. I remember when Shadow of The Collossus released we stayed up all night taking turns beating them one by one. Again I would buy one but I am happy with my Xbox 360 and I can't go back to last gen graphics, I love HDTV.

alsybub

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Corrosive Substance @ May 29 2006, 02:06 AM) View Post

I always go to my friends to play PS2. I remember when Shadow of The Collossus released we stayed up all night taking turns beating them one by one. Again I would buy one but I am happy with my Xbox 360 and I can't go back to last gen graphics, I love HDTV.

I kinda feel the same but I love retro games a lot so it doesn't really bother me. Collossus runs in 480p which is better than nothing and my Yammy receiver upscales everything to 720p pretty well. So I'm happy

decapkris

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 06:31:00 AM »

Is anyone else having problems with this game in using vga? I keep getting a message saying the game doesnt support 50mhz

steve008

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 07:20:00 AM »

Dont know about vga, but im playing by regular av scart, and you have to change the console settings to 60 hz to play the demo. I normally have 50hz but luckily my tv supports both, this is PAL by the way.
So just change to 60hz in console settings and you should be good to go.

rzanwu36

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

this is i think the worst demo i have ever played... i love the part where you are supposed to shoot the gus that are blow you in the elevator shaft but you cant aim down enough to do so

neverwill

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(rzanwu36 @ May 29 2006, 03:15 PM) View Post

this is i think the worst demo i have ever played... i love the part where you are supposed to shoot the gus that are blow you in the elevator shaft but you cant aim down enough to do so

That's because you're not supposed to shoot him, you're supposed to equip your fiber wire  and strangle him and drag him up ontop of the elevator. All you have to do is hold X, equip the fiber wire, move closer to the opening on top of the elevator until the A button says something (in the top left corner) then tap A and you'll kill him.

I didn't think the demo was that bad, I don't think I'll end up buying the game but what I played was fairly fun.

Corrosive Substance

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

^Exactly. The demo is alot of fun. Try beating the game without shooting anyone, it's a real challenge but it's also fun. I love the way they included the stats in the newspaper.

davinator456

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »

not a bad demo- ill prolly rent the game.
Pages: 1 2 [3]