xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hitman Demo Up  (Read 1555 times)

SupraKid

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

Hitman looks bad ass, but I ran into a glitch in the demo already.... when you walk into the guy's office (forgot his name) after pushing the gangster over the rail and poisoning his secretary...he isnt in his office but the game goes on as if he is there. You hear him talking to you and everything but he is not in the room..... I looked around everywhere and I couldn't find him to kill him. I played it yesterday and he was right there.....weird.

miggidy

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

And I gotta wait 5 days to give the game a spin....
I'm so pissed right now it isn't even funny mad.gif

squarejawhero

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

Got it working. Slow download, but it was worth it! The character models are last-gen, but saved by a nice quirky design typical of Eidos, the scenery is detailed and interesting, the gameplay... well, you're led by the hand in this, but its fun and full of different turns. Music is great, although the fake rap is kinda pathetic. Stereotypes about as usual too, Hitman is famous for them.

What does blow me away is how this ran on my PC, which I keep quite clean for playing games. Nothing here taking up space. With all the next gen effects, minus aa at 1024x768, this game has framerate issues. It's an average spec, getting on a bit... Athlon 3000XP, 1.5GB PC2700, Geforce 6600GT, A7v8x... the mobo is fast enough for the components, it's not a truly slow PC and ran BF2 and SC:CT with no hiccups. But Hitman showed the difference between it and the 360. Even with all the ram it ran slow. Makes me happy I got a 360 as upgrading this baby would take more that just a new g-card...

lostboyz

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

15minutes and im at 50%

alsybub

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ May 25 2006, 03:13 AM) View Post

i think call of duty 2 is the best xbox 360 online game at the moment.

I recently re discovered it and I have to agree that the graphics are still fantastic on it. Shame that there is no envronment interaction, it has some pretty bad animation on characters (although the AI of your team is very good) and unfortunately, unlike the PC version. it doesn't keep bodies on the ground. It's always nice to see them pilling up rolleyes.gif

Been way more addicted to BF2:MC of late even if it is a rehash and not as good as the pc version it's still a great online experience.

Oh yeah and back on topic. The hitman demo seemed to be a bad port of a PS2 game engine with added soft shadows, 720p support and environmental lighting. Not worth the additional cost just for the pirvilege of playing it on a 360.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ May 25 2006, 04:55 PM) View Post

I recently re discovered it and I have to agree that the graphics are still fantastic on it. Shame that there is no envronment interaction, it has some pretty bad animation on characters (although the AI of your team is very good) and unfortunately, unlike the PC version. it doesn't keep bodies on the ground. It's always nice to see them pilling up rolleyes.gif

Been way more addicted to BF2:MC of late even if it is a rehash and not as good as the pc version it's still a great online experience.

Oh yeah and back on topic. The hitman demo seemed to be a bad port of a PS2 game engine with added soft shadows, 720p support and environmental lighting. Not worth the additional cost just for the pirvilege of playing it on a 360.

Get it from www.playasia.com for $39.99 US plus $3 shipping worldwide... Since the game is region free

fastTOE

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ May 25 2006, 12:26 AM) View Post

lol.. you cant play retail games! just XBLA

you can play xbla games while downloading? how? if i try to exit the download screen it says that i'm gonna cancel my download.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

jesus you people

the dashboard update is not out yet that allows for background downloading while your playing.
are you people so much in the closet that you cant even read the front page of this website OR notice on your own friggin xbox that there was no dashboard update ?

this demo... and the PDZ demo what a friggin waste...

the hitman demo... YAYYYYYY another fucking rehashed fucking PC game!@!!!!!   YAYYYY!!!!!!!
more shitgames!!!!!!!

i have lost total faith in this xbox360  i had seriously high hopes for it but after playing PDZ, hitman, Test Drive, and many others..  WTF is the point they are all shit games ?
are we to believe that the 2 or 3 games coming up are going to save the 360 ?  jesus... wtf..
mcrosft you have screwed up everything with the 360 since its retarded launch..  when the hell are you going to get a clue..

WE DONT WANT F#$%$ING REHASHED PC GAMES AND REHASHED XBOX ! GAMES!!!!

fastTOE

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

mercy, we seem slightly upset.... i dont know about the majority of the other ppl here in this forum, but i love my xbox360 (i imagine most of them like theirs too since they are here....... -why you're here i don't know-)

i asked a simple question bc it seemed like the previous poster was saying you could play xbla and dl at the same time.... bc i think i do remember downloadin some sort of dash update a while ago..... but apparently not,.... no need to go get all pissy, jesus man....

CattyKid

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

I like this game, I LOVE the graphics as well as the style in which they are done.
(and took me about 30 minutes last night to D/L at about 1pm Eastern time)

I might pick this one up, I'd never played a Hitman game before and I am quite pleased.

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

wow.. it sucks...

amb7247

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(squarejawhero @ May 25 2006, 01:02 PM) View Post

Got it working. Slow download, but it was worth it! The character models are last-gen, but saved by a nice quirky design typical of Eidos, the scenery is detailed and interesting, the gameplay... well, you're led by the hand in this, but its fun and full of different turns. Music is great, although the fake rap is kinda pathetic. Stereotypes about as usual too, Hitman is famous for them.

What does blow me away is how this ran on my PC, which I keep quite clean for playing games. Nothing here taking up space. With all the next gen effects, minus aa at 1024x768, this game has framerate issues. It's an average spec, getting on a bit... Athlon 3000XP, 1.5GB PC2700, Geforce 6600GT, A7v8x... the mobo is fast enough for the components, it's not a truly slow PC and ran BF2 and SC:CT with no hiccups. But Hitman showed the difference between it and the 360. Even with all the ram it ran slow. Makes me happy I got a 360 as upgrading this baby would take more that just a new g-card...

You ain't kidding about the fake rap. I was thinking it was the kind you heard from the 80s that was pretty bad. Quite funny.

I do like however how the newspaper reflects on what you did in teh mission. I was called a highly trained marksman. Only firing 17 shots. The story about the lemonade stand getting demolished was hilarious.

jimjom

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 12:15:00 AM »

destroyed the demo flat. took no time at all. if this is 39.99, I would definatley buy this.

mathias

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

its good to hear different opinions on this game... a lot better than people just saying IT SUCKS and not backing it up... thank you

nightwulf28

• Archived User
Hitman Demo Up
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

It sucks really bad. reasons I give and my opinion of course.

#1.  Prior gen graphics.  Weak character models, nothing flashy in backgrounds and even slowdown at times.
#2.  Horrible controls.  Really feels floaty and not precise as I would prefer.
#3.  Terrible animations. I mean he walks like he has a stick up his you know what.
#4.  Voice acting is also weak.

Add this up and what do you get?  Another watered down past gen port.  Nothing More.  I will spend my $$ else where thank you. sleeping.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3