xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Completely Stuck On Covenant Chapter (trident?)  (Read 854 times)

Simon Sudbury

• Archived User
Completely Stuck On Covenant Chapter (trident?)
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »

Wonder if you can help me.

Am completely stuck on Halo 3 Covenant chapter. It’s part one which I think is called Trident. I’ve looked at the video walkthroughs but they don’t help. In the video the guy uses the fuel rod to disable the wraith and then it’s quite straightforward to board it and then use it to destroy the enemy and complete the mission.

The problem I have is that when I use the fuel rod it doesn’t harm the wraith and I have to fly down and then  risk all in climbing on and it’s pretty difficult (for me).

What I have noticed is that I only have 5 bullets (or power level) whereas the guy in the video has 50. Is that the difference? Am I stymied, can I get more power for the Fuel Rod or can I try an alternate strategy?

Many thanks

jaroc

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »

Well I don't know about that method but in every single halo game I've been able to beat it without having to board a wraith. I just take out the gunners on the outside, then use whatever guns/grenades/vehicles I have to blow it up, or just continue the mission without destroying it.

Simon Sudbury

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 01:38:00 PM »

Many thanks

Most folk use the jeep to get thru this but mine is destroyed by one of the bombs as soon as the game starts!

Very frustrating.