xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo 3 Meta-game To Hard?  (Read 654 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Halo 3 Meta-game To Hard?
« on: September 05, 2008, 05:28:00 AM »

Hi there, is it me or is the meta-game of Halo3 stupidly hard? Most halo3 achievements are on Meta-Game and I want them.

I can do it, it just ticks me of when you die and all your points are reset to 0. I mean come on what is the point?

Maybe I should do it on easy, even if I enable the gold skull feature it lose's the checkpoint feature.

Yes I tried it in CO-OP but I don't like CO-OP once I went through all of Legendary got the achievements but my Halo3 game profile don't even say I have done legendary cause someone quit in the party and it lagged.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

didnt find them to be that hard to be honest, esp the stages with vehicles... play those like normal and youll def get the points required...

i played through with these skulls on for easy achievements:
Fog - no radar
Famine - dropped weapons have less ammo
Thunderstorm - rank up for enemies
Mythic - health upgrade for enemies
Cowbell - greater explosions
Grunt Birthday party - easier to hear when you get a headshot, saves ammo
iwhbyd - supposedly dif audio, no real benefit but you might as well as youre playing through it again...

on Flood stages add Catch to that list as its purpose is to make enemies throw a shit ton of grenades but flood never throw grenades so you, in effect, get a multiplier for nothing...

where there are a ton of jackles and youre with the arbiter, have him take them out as theyre pretty good snipers with the upgraded levels and whatnot... take your time and dont just run in like rambo and it wont be that hard...

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Sep 5 2008, 08:04 AM) View Post
Maybe I should do it on easy

No. Normal at worst. Easy will quarter the amount of points you receive.

Easy : 0.25x
Normal : 1.0x
Heroic : 2.0x
Legendary : 4.0x

QUOTE(bucko @ Sep 5 2008, 08:04 AM) View Post
I can do it, it just ticks me of when you die and all your points are reset to 0. I mean come on what is the point?

The base penalty for dying is 25 points. On Heroic, it would be 50 points, and on Legendary, 100. Dying resets your score to what you had at the checkpoint minus the death penalty.

The Iron skull may give you a 3.0x bonus, but it also restarts the level when you die, thus resetting your points to zero. If you don't like that, don't use that skull.

I found the meta achievements ridiculously easy. I played on Heroic and used these skulls:

Tough Luck -- 1.5x (enemies will dive more successfully away from grenades, plasma pistol bolts, needles and vehicle splatter attempts)
Cowbell -- 1x (explosions are bigger--I use to help counteract Tough Luck)
Fog -- 1.5x (disables motion tracker--not used much in Campaign anyway)
Mythic -- 1.5x (all enemies are promoted 1 rank)

That's a 6.75x bonus I received. With that multiplier, only 2300 base points are needed to reach 15,000.

Bungie.net - Campaign Scoring 101

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vektor0 @ Sep 7 2008, 11:17 AM) View Post
Mythic -- 1.5x (all enemies are promoted 1 rank)

Whoops. My bad, that's actually Thunderstorm. smile.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »

Will give it a try some day, maybe when my Gold runs out, since I don't think I'm going to renew it sad.gif