xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Beating Reed In Gun  (Read 565 times)

nj12nets

• Archived User
Beating Reed In Gun
« on: April 22, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

Im up to fighting Reed and I cant seem to kill him. Ive been trying for 3 days, do you guys got any tips or tricks to getting past him?

lostboyz

• Archived User
Beating Reed In Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

which guy is that?

try www.gamefaqs.com i remember getting really good tips when i played this game awhile ago

Deftech

• Archived User
Beating Reed In Gun
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

I cant remember which boss that is? if its the last guy, he took me a while to figure out a pattern.

Hmm, Mcgruder is the last boss if I recall. I never understood why people had problems with Reed, maybe I got lucky fighting him  blink.gif

That takes place when your down by the wrecked boat right? and the bastard is on his horse? I zoomed in with a rifle and popped him a few times and got up close and personal with the shottie.

nj12nets

• Archived User
Beating Reed In Gun
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

yea everyone i know has problems beating him. i came close twice but now it stopped working.  i noticed if u light the ground on fire where the horse goes past it hurts him but my hardest part is staying alive w/ a horse under me

Static X

• Archived User
Beating Reed In Gun
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 02:50:00 AM »

Don't stay on a horse. Stay on foot and shoot with your pistols till he runs up the side of the ridge. When you see him do this, you will notice he is healing. Shoot him TWICE with the sharpshooter rifle and he will charge back down at you. As soon as he gets kinda close, go into quickdraw and shoot him as much as you can. with your pistols. After QD is used, quickly shift to your shotgun and shoot him twice. Sometimes you can kill him in one pass if you don't miss too much. No more than two passes ever. If you run out of QD when he charges you from the ridge, he always runs through the wreckage at the safe to heal. Long as you run after him, he won't stop to heal there and will charge you and head back to the ridge. You can also get quite a few shotgun blast on him here. That's really all there is to beating him.

nj12nets

• Archived User
Beating Reed In Gun
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

thanks im gonna try that soon when i play gun.  hopefully your strategy works but its easier typed then done lol