xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gun  (Read 626 times)

hugoboss1

• Archived User
Gun
« on: November 04, 2005, 08:53:00 AM »

I think this game is under rated because when was the last time you played a western with the depth this game has and with all the history,movies,and books im sure this game will have a high replay value.

I copied this from an article.

Whiskey bottles can be consumed to replenish health as damage is taken. Some other enemies we saw attack were riding stagecoaches themselves and we could blow them up by shooting at them or by blasting an explosive barrel should they be near one. When the stage was completed a screen came up indicating a +25 health bonus and that more missions had been unlocked.

Though this stage was very linear, you'll actually be able to do a good deal of roaming around the game world where you can pan for gold, gamble, hunt, complete wanted poster missions, or herd animals. The graphics in the game weren't the most impressive we'd seen, but at some points the draw distance extended very far and the framerate did not falter.

user posted image
user posted image

sn4k13s

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »

nvm

looks like an interesting game though.  kinda like red dead revolver.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 09:16:00 AM »

For those upset about games being pushed back like oblivion for ex.will definatly get by with this game.I think its under rated because no one is talking about it.

last night i saw game makers on g4tv(which i barely see anymore because it was better before with tech tv)and they were showing how they made this game and im very impressed they even bought their own motion capture stage.

they usally charge per second to use the motion capture stage and they had their own so im sure they got this game right and with the next gen hd quality i bet this game will get popular very soon. Its almost like a GTA in the wild west.

PRICELESS.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »

when did this game get pushed back?  there commercials being played on TV and they look impressive.  

i will surely pick this game up at some point.  im not even into western games but this one catches my eye.  i think for a cross-generation game the graphics are great, real solid.  the gameplay looks fun and the story seems very interesting.

Deftech

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

it hasn't been pushed back, it was just Confirmed yesterday that it will be out for launch.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 4 2005, 11:31 AM)
it hasn't been pushed back, it was just Confirmed yesterday that it will be out for launch.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 06:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Nov 5 2005, 02:14 AM)
Oblivion is not infact been pushed back to feb, but is going to make it for launch?

Deftech

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »

I was talking about Gun, it seemed that Kage thought someone in here said it was delayed.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »

No i think he is saying that if your bummed out about Oblivion being delayed then Gun will hold you over! beerchug.gif

atomheartmother

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »

sorry gun may be cool but as far as oblivion for a comparison/back up....sorry I dont think so...

tonloc79

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »

Gun should be a cool game but i think it may become a victim of cross platform release not allowing it to graphicly excell on the 360. Also i see the thread creators been watching G4 makeing of this game episode. beerchug.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

First let me applaud the fact that those screen shots are full actual resolution 1280x720  That's worthy of some  pop.gif

Next let me point out that there isn't a Jaggie in site... the models are crisp and clean. The carriage in the first image is a little rough around the edges (literally) though I think those are more texture issues than jaggie issues (remember MSAA only effect the edges of polygons) you'd need some AF to fix problems with textures.

I'm not much of a western fan but the game does look very interesting. I might rent it but I don't know enough about it yet to decide to buy it or not.

All in all the graphics really aren't that bad. The models might be lacking detail but it makes up for it in scope. Not to mention they did a VERY good job with making objects have the same reflectivity/radiosity properties as they would in real life as opposed to everything just being shiny (which is really important for a western, because there really wasn't much shiny stuff around back then  laugh.gif )

I think the biggest leap from this gen to next gen is thing like Reflectivity, radiosity, lighting and particle effect, etc. The problem is most people don't seem to notice or understand these things. I've seen comparison screen shots were one image made use of all these things and the other didn't, it was a night and day difference to me but almost no one else could tell the difference.

JimmyDeushku

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 12:38:00 AM »

IMO the graphics aren't all that great, but it is an interesting idea.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005, 04:52:00 AM »

my friend has been working at a gamestop for the past month. according to him, this has been their number one pre order game for 360. He seemed pretty excited about it too.