xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gun  (Read 1311 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »

again EA is doing their develpment different.  yeah im sure they arent using the exact same engine on the 360 (maybe spruced up with 360 only effects) but the engine being used isnt developed exclusively on the next gen system.  when given the chance (and not held back by NDA) im sure m_hael would be happy to prove how they are trying to update the look for the next gen.  he has already spoken about it in this topic.  besides the games in motion will give us a better idea of any upgrades, far better then any screens

EA and ubisoft are using next gen engines to power their next gen games.  anyone expecting ghost recon 3 on this gen. to look anything near what it does on 360 is smoking something.  same for EA, i hate the fuggers but they arent using current gen engines for their next gen projects.  sure they will probably reuse and revamp these engines on other next gen systems but thats different

i dont think many people understand the fundamentals of game development.

Deftech

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »

Mike/Kage! some fuggers just pounded on my door screaming. I ran and got Siggy and opened the door just a few seconds later and they were leaving in a pos exploder. They went towards 82 so Im getting the 12 gauge, some  pop.gif and Folgers and sitting outside for a while and watching the property.

Good grief I hope they come back and more than 1 gets out and comes at me. Disparity of Force comes into play  ph34r.gif

Update: Holy shit Mike!! A cop just left as I finished that last paragraph, talk about timing. I got a knock on my door, and saw it was an officer. He immediately asked if someone had pounded on my door or threw anything at the house. I told him it just happened, They already caught the fuggers, they were doing this to random houses on my street. I asked him to step in to say hi to the dog so he'd shut up, he was going insane.

He saw my pistol on my desk and asked me why it was out. I told him that I opened the door, armed, as they were leaving.

He called in my social, a few seconds later the lady replied with "No warrants, hes a CHL Holder(concealed handgun license). As soon as he heard that, he said he felt better about the pistol being a few feet away and being loaded.

He said.."well you know what to do and what Not to do right?" I said "yeah, if 2 or more would have entered, it would have been the last thing they would have done"

he said "yep, seems that way", looked at my gun safe, smiled, shook my hand, wished me a good night and said he'd tell the kids that at one of the houses, a very well armed home owner was standing behind the front door ready..Hahahaha

Oh! He saw my projector screen and audio rack and was shocked at how good it looked and big it was. He spent more time looking at that from the doorway then he did worrying why I had  a safe full of guns a few feet away  laugh.gif

fuggin classic!  beerchug.gif

oh man, of all nights for you to not be hanging out here. You could have grabbed the 12 gauge from the safe and I would have felt better. I shat myself when it first happened, I'll be honest about that. I went to grab my pistol, but it wasnt at my desk, I had to run to the bedroom!!  laugh.gif

Rambo was going nuts, I almost tripped over the little fugger! Ok, sorry to ruin this thread...oh the adrenaline is still pumping!

I wont sleep for days after this

much  pop.gif will be consumed!!!

jester.gif

m_hael

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

when you see oblivion running @60fps and playing beautifully or Gears of War running at all... THEN you can make comparisons

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

beerchug.gif from another gun owner.

I only have rifles for hunting; i hunt regularily.

I own a .270, .30-06, 16 guage 4 mag bolt action, 410 single shot break-away barell, and a .22.

My .270 is my favorite big game hunting rifle.  I have harvested many elk, mule deer, and antelope with it.  I enjoy elk hunting the most.

Anyway, glad you didn't have to actually use your gun.  Just thinking about such a situation gets my adrenaline flowing.

Deftech

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jul 31 2005, 03:42 AM)
beerchug.gif from another gun owner.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2005, 03:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jul 31 2005, 09:08 AM)
good to see other another hunter around  biggrin.gif most here are looking that the #'s you posted and going "what in the heck are those" Im trying to get KAGE360 into shooting/hunting. He's gone a few times, hope he sticks with it.

m_hael

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2005, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(zero129 @ Jul 31 2005, 07:20 AM)
And if ubisoft and ea could do it, im sure navasoft could of too if they wanted to, its not like they don't have the money i mean come on TH1,TH2,TH3,TH4,THUG,THUG2,Spider man, spider man 2 (im not sure but i think they done the 2 spider man movie games too), and whatever other games they worked on, all them games where great sellers, so if they wanted they could of started using a next gen engine for their games just like Ubisoft and EA are doing.

Deftech

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »

New Trailer..Xbox version, Not 360.

http://xboxmovies.te...5/GUN-Trailer-2

Pretend its higher res  pop.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

In regards to the Trailer I posted above, it seems to be the ps2 version.

from IGN news from tonight..

http://xbox360.ign.c...2/642021p1.html

Even in the PS2 version (the only version Activision showed), walking through the beginning of the game was impressive. I was surprised at the texture work and the enticing wide-open countryside

and...
The Xbox 360 and PC versions promise to look the best. While there are no distinct features specifically created for the Xbox 360 version, Activision says Neversoft's next-generation iteration will feature Normal Mapping for nearly everything, better, more detailed models, and bigger environments and longer draw distances. Activision also promises a faster framerate. The publisher has yet to show any 360 screens or footage, waiting instead until the game looks truly impressive, at which point it'll let the screenshots fly. Honestly, with it looking this good on PS2, I can't to see it on the Xbox 360 and PC. The movie footage posted today is from the PS2 version.

None of the version will be online; Activision has said that this one is a single-player action-adventure, and the potential sequel will have more, including possibly online functionality. Also, count on crisp Dolby Digital 5.1 sound and 720p quality graphics.

there you have it  pop.gif

Pages: 1 2 [3]