xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Guitar Hero Hack  (Read 614 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Hack
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(jonesaw @ Nov 8 2007, 12:01 AM) View Post

I know some may say I need more practice, but getting all the achievements for Guitar Hero is more than difficult.

Would it be possible to develop a program for the PC that simulates the controller output and automatically plays the songs through the USB port on the xbox?

lol

achievement = to achieve

hack = to cheat

what have you achieved then

jonesaw

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Hack
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »

Why would a community of hackers and cheaters disagree with my desire to cheat at this game? I think that Microsoft did a greet thing introducing achievements, it prolongs the life of my games. But some developers make achievements ridiculously hard with the intention that most wouldn’t be able to get them. Which would make it all the more fun to cheat at them.

We all remember that first time you used the "Up, Up, Down, Down" code in Contra to get 30 men, or the first time you successfully booted a backup copy of a game on a "hacked" console. Did doing so make you any cooler, no, but you sure felt like you had "achieved" something? The same rules apply to this game, if you are a cheater why pick and judge what someone cheats at. I am sure most of you have used a guide or walkthrough, FYI that kinda like cheating. Playing back-up games, also like cheating.

I guess I am just ranting, I was frustrated with trying to get those achievements and wanted an easy route, shoot me.

Guess I'll try to be like Thad on South Park and learn to play Guitar Hero acoustically and unlock superstardom......."You are Fags"!

pingrr

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Hack
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »

they have some crazy achaievments in GT3.  For exaple the one were you have to beat the game right and left handed.  Thats just crasy.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Hack
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Nov 8 2007, 02:28 PM) View Post

they have some crazy achaievments in GT3.  For exaple the one were you have to beat the game right and left handed.  Thats just crasy.

that was easy wink.gif there are some truely difficult achievements on there. i'm undecided on how hard Through the fire and flames is though due to the fact i can't get past 1%. (when i beat the game on expert, it let me play all the way through during the credits and the song seemed pretty easy after the intro.)

on topic though, you should be able to do that. i don't know exactly how, but i know its possible. perhaps if you look at twisted symphony's guide on making a saturn controller work with a 360, you might be able to apply some of that circuit knowledge towards making your pc talk to a 360 controller.

(practice makes perfect though, and MOST of the achievements in GH2 aren't too bad.)

if you do have any luck getting that working though, i would love to see a guide (GH3 has alot of co-op achievements, and thats great.... if you know people who can play on expert with you, and 5 star all the songs on easy through hard)

Black Diamond

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Hack
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Nov 8 2007, 01:28 PM) View Post

Hey,

I can hardly play GHII right handed so there is no way I would ever do a left handed game of GHIII.

moddingswede

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Hack
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Black Diamond @ Nov 16 2007, 10:34 PM) View Post

Hey,

I can hardly play GHII right handed so there is no way I would ever do a left handed game of GHIII.

I saw this video where a guy said if you can, just play in looking in a mirror, then all the note will appear the right way.

commandersafi

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Hack
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 01:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(moddingswede @ Nov 17 2007, 12:49 AM) View Post

I saw this video where a guy said if you can, just play in looking in a mirror, then all the note will appear the right way.

Hmmm....That is a very smart idea....I would have never thought about that  blink.gif

Swahili

• Archived User
Guitar Hero Hack
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 05:56:00 AM »

ask twistedsymphony about this, I think he was fiddling around with a cheating machine and judging by his gh2 achievments I'm pretty sure he managed to make one.