xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Custom Songs Now Possible?!  (Read 732 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
Custom Songs Now Possible?!
« on: August 23, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »

here is a quote from score hero

After alot of trial and error my GH360 application is finally ready!

So what is GH360 you might wonder. Well, it's a tool used for injecting CUSTOM SONGS into GH2 for the xbox 360! Yes, you read correct and this is not a joke. I have replaced more than 40 songs one of my discs and it plays wonderful in my xbox.

This tool does NOT contain any files or other copyrighted contents from the GH2 game, so it should be ok to share and use.

I have even more ideas and functionality I want to integrate in this tool, but as it is stable and working really good right now I felt that I should release it to the public for all to use and try. Expect new versions with more features in the future.

While me and a few selected friends have tested it quite alot there might still be some bugs inside, so use at own risk and dont blame me if your computer blows up

Suggestions, found bugs, new features and other input can be written into this thread and I will read them when I have time.

Get the program here: http://files.filefro...om//;8362363;;/
See a screenshot of it in action here: http://img211.images...03/gh360uo8.gif

Also, you need the .Net framework installed to start this program. If you don't have it get it for free from Microsoft.

Note: This tool will help you inject custom .mid and .ogg files into GH2 .ark files, nothing more and nothing less. You still need to get the .mid/.ogg files yourself.

Short description of how it all works as I don't want to be swamped with questions:

1. Extract the main_0.ark from your GH2 game

2. Get hold of some custom .mid and ogg files.

The ogg can be made with Audacity (free program) but remember to export as .ogg and with the correct number of channels (4-6) depending on which original song you want to replace (don't worry, my program will tell you if it's wrong). Making the .ogg with the wrong number of channels WILL make the game hang when loading that specific song, so be aware of that.

If you don't know how to make a ogg with many channels, read the excellent posting from Drummerguitarist here as guide: http://www.scorehero...p...sc&start=30

The mid can be downloaded from scorehereo or made in for example Feedback. If you do a .chart, import it into ghex and then export it back out again and it will be a nice .mid to use.

3. Select a song you want to replace, select mid and ogg file, press "verify" and if it passes all tests you can press the "inject" button.

Note: there are no "save" button as this program works by injecting your custom files on the fly, so when you press "inject" and it says "song X injected" it's replaced and your'e done with that song.

4. Repeat with all songs you want to replace.

5. Burn the modified .ark with the rest of the original game files.

6. Boot on 360 and enjoy your custom songs.

EDIT: and before alot of people asks... YES you NEED a modified 360 to play burned games on your console. Don't ask me how to do that, google is your friend.

this seems to be legit. basically you mod the songs on your disc and burn a custom copy of the game. i can't wait to get home and try this out smile.gif

source

DrPepperFan15

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

Interesting, I like seeing stuff like this.

This post has been edited by DrPepperFan15: Aug 29 2007, 07:28 AM

Paperstack.1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »

Sweet, will try this out later. 2:48 in the morning now and i'm tired   sleeping.gif

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 02:14:00 AM »

LMK if it works.

None of my 360s are flashed...

I wish there was a way to go about this without having to have a firmware hax0rd 360.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »

just wanted to chime in and verify that this does in fact work. i will post a guide later on taking GH1, ripping the songs and note charts out of it, and importing them into GH2 on the 360. i would have done this earlier, but couldn't get my disc to boot. i later found out that it was the 360, not the game. (hitachi open tray error)

FooGuy007

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif) reaper... ive tried to download that file over and over but it wont open on my computer...

Please Help!!!

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »

unrar it. do a google search for winrar. you are aware you needed a modded system though, right? (the only reason i ask is because i'm surprised you didn't come across any rar files when modding your system)

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Sep 12 2007, 07:26 PM

FooGuy007

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »

i love playin guitar hero and im hella good but im new at all of this... to be honest i have like no idea what you just said... if its not too much trouble please please explain...

Reaper527

• Archived User

topsk8r4ever

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »

a little off topic but can you use this custom songs thing on a NME 360 or only a flashed one?  Would you just need to apply a patch to the ISO?

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(topsk8r4ever @ Sep 19 2007, 01:41 AM) View Post

a little off topic but can you use this custom songs thing on a NME 360 or only a flashed one?  Would you just need to apply a patch to the ISO?

a bit late on replying, but if your still curious, a modded system is a modded system. it doesn't matter how you do it.

xXDrVanillaXx

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »

ok...how do i extract the "main_0.ark from your GH2 game" i downloaded GHEX and it wont recognize my cd when i try to add the archive....halp?

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »

unfortunately, it appears that at this time, GHEX is only able to read a ps2's .ark file. as far as getting your .ark file off the disc (because you can still do other stuff with the .ark from a 360), you just need to rip your GH2 disc with XBC and a kreon drive to get an iso. from there, you can extract the ark from the image you made.

sunkist09

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

iv played a couple that other ppl have uppd and theyre freakin amazing
so if they used the editor then it works well

This post has been edited by sunkist09: Nov 3 2007, 10:13 PM