xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does Gh2 Demand Firmware Upgrade?  (Read 541 times)

Clob

• Archived User
Does Gh2 Demand Firmware Upgrade?
« on: June 21, 2007, 12:53:00 AM »

Haven't anybody checked what version of firmware you have after Guitar Hero II been played?

Or does every upgrade from a DVD-game or Live need confirmation from the user?

If so, is it possible to skip the "upgrade" and still be able play it?

I bought my 360 at the (first) release day and haven't had it connected to network or Live since the first day (I'm waiting for a good Linux solution, read XBMC with USB2 = possible to record TV).

I would be very glad for an answer, because I want to buy it today (we are going to have guests over the weekend)

Regards
Clob

shiznit91

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »

you do have to update with this game but im not exactly sure to what kernal version...

i have read abou sombody using the xbox360 hyper visor exploit to run the game wihtout having to update...idk what to tell you man tho...the game rocks, thats all i can say

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »

just run linux now, and get your CPU key. you will have to update the system to the fall update to play guitar hero (which will patch the hypervisor exploit), but with your CPU key, you can downgrade the kernel (even with the blown efuse). info is on the main page. this creates the best of both worlds as you can play new games, and  run linux.