xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Johnny Rotten Bashes Guitar Hero III at Launch Event  (Read 1454 times)

Mr N

• Archived User
Johnny Rotten Bashes Guitar Hero III at Launch Event
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »

Another case of a washed up celebrity trying to get attention. How stupid.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

wow, im almost surprised at how few people here know anything about mr lydon... but then again im not...

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »

odd, coming from a person with a name like that...

say what you will about him, his philo is spot on...

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »

"I AM ENGLAND!"

Hahaha  laugh.gif  That part cracked me up.

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(DMAddict @ Nov 28 2007, 03:57 PM) View Post

That was funny. He seemed to get more and more drunk as the clips went on.

QUOTE(miggidy @ Nov 28 2007, 04:14 PM) View Post

Yet another celebrity makes an @$$ out of himself by taking advantage of their celebrity status to express their personal agenda(s)....

Someone please send this over to Matt Stone and Trey Parker....

QUOTE(feflicker @ Nov 28 2007, 04:52 PM) View Post

I can't stand this guy or his band... What a tool...

amen, this fool made a fool of himself...again...

pRtkL xLr8r

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(brywalker @ Nov 28 2007, 09:43 PM) View Post

Actually, he didn't bash it at all. He said he loved it because it taught you how NOT to be a rockstar, and an asshole in your life and not to seek fame and fortune because it is all rubbish.

Way to spin a headline.

No kidding -- thank you.  Did any of you listen to the video instead of just reading the headline?   He says he played it with the kids and he "fucking loved it."  And as brywalker said, he was saying the whole fame and fortune thing was rubbish -- not the game.

Yeah he went off on a tangent, and expressed his feelings -- you expect this guy to be politically correct when he talks?  Are you fucking kidding?  This is Johnny Rotten -- you know -- "I wanna be anarchy" ???  Doesn't that pretty much say it all about this guy?  Besides, any publicity is good publicity -- even if the media can't tell when it really is good publicity sprinkled with bad language and poor public speaking judgement...

This is almost bad as the whole "COD4 Beta profile copying gets you banned for a day" fiasco awhile back...

jer_stud56

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(brywalker @ Nov 28 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

Actually, he didn't bash it at all. He said he loved it because it taught you how NOT to be a rockstar, and an asshole in your life and not to seek fame and fortune because it is all rubbish.

Way to spin a headline.

Exactly. Same thing I heard. That's who he is. Always has been. Don't have to be so pissed about it. Just go play it. So defensive against him saying its a bad game when obviously it's a good game. And he didn't even say it was bad. Even if he did, ever hear of sarcasm?

---=Snyper=---

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »

If you don't understand what he was on about..

All I can say is piss off..

ShadowmanX

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 07:44:00 AM »

This has made me laugh, People have read the headline and gone "OH GOD! NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING BAD ABOUT GUITAR HERO 3, ITS THE BEST GAME EVARRRRR", and posted with out actually watching the video. As it has been said, he isn't bashing it at all.
Rotten making an ass out of himself? Nah. He's back on form if anything after the horror that was "I'm a celebrity get me out of here", I just hope he trashed something afterwards.

jdsony

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »

Go play your s***ty guitar hero 3 and live in your f***ing dreamworld. If you have to stand up for the game you have problems. It is a joke just like he said. It doesn't mean it can't be entertaining and fun. Too many guitar hero players take themselves way too seriously. Look at me, I can press buttons along with the beat I'm a musical genious!

mrgreaper

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(troyBORG @ Nov 28 2007, 08:23 PM) View Post

As British people say "twæt".

Yeah he is really drunk!

im brittish and have never heard that word?

I think he has a point though, not expressed correctly but hey, My mate brought guitar hero 1 for the ps2 because he liked the idea of playing the guitar but that guitar is so plasticy its like holding a kids tool in your hand (im guessing they aimed at young teenagers and kids more then adult gamers)
having said that he loves the game so its more like good game if you buy it for the game but dont expect to learn the guitar or feel like you are playing one (and as i recall him saying often have another finger grafted on if you want to play the difficult songs levels)

all content above is my personal ramblings they are not ment to be the word of god or any other set in stone fact so dont flame me (oh the first sentince is not a flame can be taken as one but isnt just curiouse where the author got the word from)

unistyle

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »

i like it.  that's these boys playing?

no, that's kansas.  but these boys scored 100,000 points to it, on expert level, in co-op mode.

that's pretty god damn impressive.

brywalker

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(jer_stud56 @ Nov 29 2007, 07:50 AM) View Post

Exactly. Same thing I heard. That's who he is. Always has been. Don't have to be so pissed about it. Just go play it. So defensive against him saying its a bad game when obviously it's a good game. And he didn't even say it was bad. Even if he did, ever hear of sarcasm?

Actually, Guitar Hero III *IS* rubbish, but I was bent out of shape about the shoddy blogging on these sites lately, not that he would ever say anything bad about it.

Havok154

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2007, 02:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(brywalker @ Nov 28 2007, 10:43 PM) View Post

Way to spin a headline.

Gonna have to agree here too. He likes how it teaches you not be one of those money grubbing, egotistical "rock stars". Him and the Sex Pistols turned down being in the rock and roll hall of fame because they want the band to pay them for the honor. They don't care about fame and support GH because it shows you how to just have fun with music. Also, he's not drunk, that's just how he is.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 03:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Havok154 @ Dec 2 2007, 09:55 AM) View Post

Gonna have to agree here too. He likes how it teaches you not be one of those money grubbing, egotistical "rock stars". Him and the Sex Pistols turned down being in the rock and roll hall of fame because they want the band to pay them for the honor. They don't care about fame and support GH because it shows you how to just have fun with music. Also, he's not drunk, that's just how he is.

It didn't stop using vast amounts of money to fund his drug habit  along with Sid Vicious. The Sex Pistols were nothing more than todays equivalent of a manufactured band, They couldn't play a note or sing they were placed where they were and claimed to be Anti everything, "Us Against The World" and all that other shit. All a complete pack of lies set up and put in place by that other sad loser Malcolm McLaren. Do you think Johnny Rotten gave all his cash to charity when he was in the Sex Pistols. Yes I bought the Albums, but I certainly didn't ride on the bullshit claims of a man who took the money and then told everyone it was not his motive.
His comments on this are nothing more than garbage and Hypocritical shit. He is not qualified to comment but still seeks to be in the limelight despite his claims.
He is  "Plastic Punk" nothing more than a Wrist Slitter
Pages: 1 [2] 3