xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems Wit Cheat Codes?  (Read 557 times)

Poopchute

• Archived User
Problems Wit Cheat Codes?
« on: May 19, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »

Ho...
I am having trouble with my cheat codes.  I enter them in and play for a little while and then save the game by going back to my safe house.  But when I come back the next time to play all the cheat codes are gone and i have to reenter them?  Whats going on?

Poopchute

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »

Thanks alot...

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:52:00 AM »

dont be a smart ass.

many people may just not use cheats, or may not have seen your topic as this section tends to be pretty dead.

AFAIK, cheats do not save. only the penalties for using cheats are saved

PilknDunn

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

Everytime you enter a cheat, it saves in your phone, at the very bottom it will say "Cheats".. Select it and all of the cheats you have entered are in there and all you have to do is select it to activate the cheat you want..

P.S: Cheats disable ALL achievements in GTA IV...

CAPTAINLIP

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »

why would you need to cheat?  rolleyes.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

they come in handy while doing stunt jumps because finding a nrg900 can be annoying once you find the jump. I never cheated on the missions just after the story mode and finishing up achievements

Poopchute

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »

Well I do the cheats cause that how I like to play the game.  I go around killing as many people and L.A.W. ossifers as I can.  Its just more fun that way then to do those boring ass missions.

I know how to enter the cheats and all.  My problem is that Ill enter all the cheats I want.  Play for a while.  Save it.  Then come back later that night and restart from that save and I have to RE-enter the cheats AGAIN.  Im confused as to why they wont save.  I know the PS3 version saves the cheats...

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »

Aren't they automatically stored in your phones contact list after the first time entered?. I haven't play in a while but I'm sure after the first time I dialed in a code all I needed to do to reactivate it was find and call it from my contacts. Could be wrong.

The cheats are great fun once you've finished the story mission. I like spawning the police chopper whenever I need to get out of trouble  ph34r.gif .

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »

get out of trouble? I spawn it when i need to get into trouble smile.gif

Only wish there was an invincibility cheat to just take the heli down the triangle destroying cars and pedestrians.