xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Easter Eggs & Glitches  (Read 264 times)

Vfreitas

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« on: May 02, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »

Rockstar is notorious for putting easter eggs into their games, and like any other game there are going to be plenty of good and bad glitches. So this thread is dedicated to doing those things that have no relevance to the story line, heh, enjoy.

I guess I'll start off with the Statue Of Happiness easter egg. Everyone knows where the statue is, fly over to it with a helicopter and jump out to the second level below her feet (not the one she's standing on, the one below it). Enter through the south door and you'll be able to climb a ladder which will bring you to her beating heart.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »

there has to be a dodo some where... damn you rockstar! and taking out the parachutes... hopefulyl they have some awsome well hidden eggs.

scuba156

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »

ill copy some bugs i noticed that i posted in another thread

ive seen a parked car just sitting on its front two wheels, with the back ones a metre in the air, i walked into and the back wheels fell to the ground.

i had a cop car dissapear that was right in front of me, and then fall from the sky and hit the ground right in front of me.

i slid sidways into a tree which sent my car a couple in the metres (about 15 metres) in the air as it got caught between the tree and a fence

if you park your car between two things (a wall and a tree for example) and it blocks both of the front doors, try to get out and see what happens. the car suddenly flips on its side and niko then climbs out the door.

similar to the bug above, if you try to steal a car from the passanger side when the driver side door is blocked (from a car or something), the driver will suddenly appear outside the car as soon as you get in

(in reference to the new cover system) sometimes, if your in the right spot, and you try to cling to a wall, he will actually cling to a different wall anywhere within 10 metres around you, for example. i was standing at the top of a flight of stairs and wanted to cling to the railing at the very top of the stairs, so i pressed RB, and niko ran (faster than he can actually run in the game) to the bottom of the stairs and clinged to the railing there. ive totally given up on this new feature and just end up crouching behind something.

grim_d

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »

Vfreitas

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »

My friends and I found this car spinning glitch the other night by accident. You flip a box-type car on it's side and move the left analog stick forward or backward to rotate. We were capturing some stupid cinematic shit at the time so I got it on video.

Also when doing that, someone got stuck under a bus when trying to hang on to it. No one else was seeing it this way but me, so I don't think it'll be a repeatable glitch, but it's funny either way.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »

When I'm driving through Bohan in a nice car (Corvette, Viper, Ferrari, etc) all the cars on the street will be different colored versions of the car I'm driving.  Here's a screen shot to show you what I mean.  It only does it in Bohan for me, and only with the nice cars.
(IMG:http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/m450n/000_0001-1.jpg)

EDIT: Linked to wrong picture.

This post has been edited by 47_M450N_47: May 6 2008, 06:32 AM

scuba156

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 03:51:00 AM »

anyone seen the fruit easter egg? (fruit instead of apple) they have an ibanana instead od an iPhone. google it to find more about it

bucko

• Recovered User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »

Not really new you prob all know but I just got the pool shark achievement by Roman potting the black ball by accident haha and you can do that follow the train mission in a helicopter south east of Algonquin just use a shotgun to shoot the tourist helicopter pilot then hijack it you can also park the helicopter in your resident parking but be careful not to destroy the blades.

solderingsultan

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »

One time I was playing a mission, and I had to go to some chinese restaurant, and I was in a corner, and got killed, and the camera angle got screwed up. The game went all slow mo, as it does when you get killed...but the camera went inside Niko's head, and I saw the eyeballs, they are like perfect spheres and are inside the head, like the half you can't see are in the head...pretty weird..then the camera went out of his head....it was strange...

bucko

• Recovered User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

(IMG:http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1323/photo0002rx4.jpg)

This just happened to me...was halfway through the chapter 4 ship mission, completely gay how I couldn't continue it, I fell through that door...and I was stuck in the room lol.

Falcon360

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »

Hi.

I tried following one guy around during free mode on multiplayer and he went under the map somehow. He was on the second island near the helitours-thing. Anyone know how he did it?

Falcon360

• Archived User
Easter Eggs & Glitches
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

Figured it out. Took some pictures to help visualize where and how you can do it:
IPB Image
1. Map
2. Map (close up)
3. Location of glitch
4. View inside building

I think that once you get inside the building you should go down, but I'm having a really hard time achieving this. One time I thought I got it, but I spawned inside a metro track. mad.gif