xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Benq And Gta Iv Texture Render Issue Answers!  (Read 531 times)

OuTeR HeAvEn

• Archived User
Benq And Gta Iv Texture Render Issue Answers!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »

I just rip with a benq (0800 firmware) a test drive original game.
This game also have same problems with gta4 with benq drives and only with the copy of the game (the original dont have the pop up symptoms).
I just try then the same copy on samsung an hitachi and it runs flawlessly without pop ups ,delays on loading and etc.
I just try also some slow ripping and writing methods and i have the same symptoms.

CONCLUSION

SO BENQS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SOME COPY'S (MAYBE THE GUYS WHO MAKING THE FIRMWARES MUST DO A NEW UPDATE)That's a a a aall fo fo folkksssss

The End.

SainterX1

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 04:15:00 AM »

I have a benq and originals are fine, but backups are all slow loading. GTA is extremely frustrating and I have given up using the backup.

Has anyone tried replacing the DVD drive for a Hitachi or other? If this will fix it, I might give it a go.

OuTeR HeAvEn

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »

If you change you drive then you will not have any reading problems at all.
We do not seek this kind of solution must do something with benqs.

justlookin

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »

can it be the possibility that the benQ drives are weaker than the samsung? b/c I didn't have a problem with GTA until after few days of playing it..  the laser or drive itself?

mycelo

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »

This weekend my console started to have this problem too. It's a Zephyr, Benq, HDD with 8Gb free, 8 months old. It always worked flawlessly, except for Assassins Creed backup that just don't boot. I don't play games too much so it's pretty preserved.

I moved my console to my brother's and connected HDMI for the first time. Firstly I noticed that the game itself took a bit longer to load (which I can tell by the cartoonish screens in the beginning, there was one more showing). Then he got his hands on it, began a new game and freaked out, riding streets like mad and I noticed that some textures were taking too long to show up, specially the asphalt. Strangely, he was able to travel through the bridge that's blocked by the police, there were no one there. But he did get the six stars.

When he got to the forbidden island, then things got real crazy. Cars were floating above the ground and sometimes there were no ground at all or just a plain blue surface. Buildings looked like cardboard boxes and most elements were just missing. I'm pretty sure that the texture pop-in were never like this until now. After this, any ride to any place was an ugly mess.

Back in my house I tried to clean the media and screwed it. I burnt it again with the same brand (RITEK) and tried it with the same results, even cleaning the HDD cache (the maintenance thing). I could reproduce the "unblocked bridge" issue. I've read somewhere that other games were also having the same problem (Oblivion and Mass Effect), and it's the Benq laser beam that's physically damaged, for my despair.

Yesterday I tried my own backup of Oblivion, and it worked ok, with barely noticeable or tolerable pop-ins. Then I immediately switched to GTA again, and instead to keep driving, I started to accomplish the next mission. For my surprise, there were no bad pop-ins at all, even though it's taking a bit longer in the first load. I kept messing around and everything was suddenly fine. Today I drove a fast car throughout the first island and didn't notice delayed textures.

The problem seems to be magically fixed for now...

jimwross

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

Some games have optional caching (if you have a HDD) to help speed the game up, GTA IV is one of them.  GTA IV will run considerably smooth using a HDD then not (first hand experience).

This has nothing to do with a "shitty" BenQ drive (actually, they tend to read quite a bit better then Samsung or Hitachi's), and no, no new "updates" to the firmware are required (read above, people with stock drives are having problems).

Look, if you using a higher resolution (perhaps through HDMI), and/or you don't have a HDD, your going to notice some rendering issues...

mycelo

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimwross @ Jun 11 2008, 04:53 PM) View Post

Look, if you using a higher resolution (perhaps through HDMI), and/or you don't have a HDD, your going to notice some rendering issues...

I don't know if you're replying specifically my previous post, but I do have a HDD with 8GB free, and, even though the problem indeed started when I first played it at a higher resolution HDMI, it carried over when I connected the console back to my old-fashioned CRT TV through composite cables.

Besides, I've been reading everywhere that the problem indeed only happens to BenQ owners, who are also having trouble with original/pressed DVDs. I'm yet to see a single complaint related to a non-BenQ console.

orangpelupa

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

i got this issue too, i got x360 with BenQ

and according to dunzz here http://forums.xbox-s...o...d=4300769

this can be fixed by crossflashing the BenQ Firmware to  ms25 Firmware

so the BenQ FW really need more optimization

and im stuck with BenQ and i dont have VIA SATA COntorller to flash the drive, damn

orangpelupa

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

hmm i got some way to "fix" this
not really fix the texture and popping issue but it help

i connect to LIVE and download Update for GTA 4.

Before update:
when i drive fast using cop car
the  NPC cars will gone
the building gone
then the road gone
and i only see blue in screen

AFTER UPDATE
when i drive fast using cop car
the  NPC cars still there
the building gone
the road still there but with very low res texture

it seems the update fix this issue a bit.

thanks

HackerSupreme

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(orangpelupa @ Jul 2 2008, 12:32 AM) View Post

i got this issue too, i got x360 with BenQ

and according to dunzz here http://forums.xbox-s...o...d=4300769

this can be fixed by crossflashing the BenQ Firmware to  ms25 Firmware

so the BenQ FW really need more optimization
and im stuck with BenQ and i dont have VIA SATA COntorller to flash the drive, damn

What?

That won't fix it. You can't flash a BenQ drive with Samsung firmware and expect it to work.

On that thread it said replace the BenQ w/ a Samsung drive and do some spoofing and it will work.

End result-you are using a Samsung drive, not a BenQ.

ert13

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »

I also had the popup problem. Sometime it get so bad that the game is unplayable. I have a arcade with benq flashed with FW 1.41 8x.

Here is what i did to improve the texture loading problem.

I have disabled the ingame music so that the console doesn't have to steam music from the dvd aswell, since it is allready having trouble streaming textures.

After i did this the popup problem is a bit better.  its not completely gone but the game is not unplayable anymore.

How to disable the ingame music: Popin a usb drive or sometime, press the guide button and play your music from there. what i did is i just copied one song onto my flashdrive, then i played the song and then paused it, ,coz i dont wanna listen to the same music the whole time, and play gta without any music/radio stations. this will disable the ingame music

Also, i noticed that sometimes when you drive over a bridge from one island to another the textures get messed up pretty bad when u get to the other side. If this happens all i do is press the start button to pause the game, you can hear the drive reading all the textures while the game is paused, wait for like 5-10 seconds or so, then press the start button again to unpause an play further. u can even keep it paused until the drive reading sounds have gone then all the textures for that part of the game have finished loading, and then unpause and play further.

let me know if this helps with the popup problem

eyepartie

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »

Has anyone tried loading an old Benq firmware or tried to spoof a benq as ms25? Worth a shot maybe. Im going to go home and experiment. As for differences in media, A post on this thread said that Memorex 2.4x worked well with Benq. As for me, I am having exact same symptoms, but of course I am only playing copied verbatim GTA IV/ not the pressed.

BTW GTAIV isn't the only game I hear doing this.

b1g

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »

I'm having issues now myself so I thought I'd add to this. I have an Elite with a BenQ that I've only had for 3 months, and not used really used that much. My retail copy on non-modded FW was fine with no pop-ins ever or texture load issues, but after I flashed with iXtreme 1.41 I noticed a few issues with the road texture quality taking a maybe a second to load now, but its really random.. Sometimes its perfect like on the original FW, and then other times I have some minor pop-in but nothing as bad as a backup copy. I also have a Verbatim backup copy that I tried, which wasn't actually that bad with pop-in.

Now it gets strange.. I rented Lost Odyssey last night because I wanted to see how RPGs were because I had never played them. Anyway, after playing Lost Odyssey for about 2 hours I went to bed, and this morning I try my GTA IV backup disc again.. It has HUGE pop-in, I drive fast down a street and eventually the road disappears, I crash into things I can't see, takes about 10 seconds to load streets and buildings it was basically unplayable. The first thing that came to my mind was Lost Odyssey, so I went and deleted the whole savegame for it and tried again.. Same thing happens. I then went through my HDD and deleted most of my demos, and cleared my HDD so I have 90gb of space, then cleared the HDD cache, rebooted and tried again.. Same thing again! I'm really worried at the moment and considering unflashing my system because I'm paranoid that my backups have damaged my laser! The retail copy is still perfect though. I can tell when my GTA backup is going to have bad pop-in because on the loading screen, it shows like two more cartoon pictures than it used to, with no change on the retail copy.

The only other backup I'm having texture issues with is UT3. Same thing as my GTA backup, it used to be fine but since I played Lost Odyssey I'm having all kinds of texture loading issues. I've tried having my 360 vertical and horizontal, tried both backups without the HDD, no luck.. Still pop-in galore. I'm just hoping I haven't damaged my drive or something, but seeing as my originals are playing perfect still I don't think I have. I'm thinking of formatting my HDD to try, but I really don't want to lose my savegames just to have it not fix anything..

Sic Of Life

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »

my cousin has this problem on an unmodded benq and i dont have any graphical glitches in any games on my modded console. ive done the x clamp mod, fan shroud mod, and 12v fan mod with a 7v switch and even at 7v i dont really see any glitches. seems to me that the glitches occur because the gpu gets so hot that it cant perform like it should

woody21_1

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

have you tried the latest version of ixtreme which is 1.5, it has some fixes that improve benq reading performance.
you must be using old firmware as in 1.5 you dont have speed selections for the drive anymore.

try updating the benq's firmware as it has made a bit of a difference for me, load times seem better but noy tried gta since upgrading.

maybe your drive is just aged and needs a clean or a pot tweak, see this thread.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=672384
Pages: 1 [2] 3