xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Benq And Gta Iv Texture Render Issue Answers!  (Read 530 times)

MeanMangoMan

• Archived User
Benq And Gta Iv Texture Render Issue Answers!
« on: April 30, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

Just an FYI for all those out there. I have the retail purchased version of GTA IV and a Benq drive. It works perfectly! Make sure you clear your 360 Cache as well as it seems to speed things up. May just be in the head but smoother from my point of view.

Go to the system blade and then memory. Press Y on either the HDD or a MU and then press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X. Once you do this a blade will pop up saying: This will perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices. Do you want to continue? Select "Yes".

I have also played a backup on my buddies Benq 12X 1.41 Flashed drive. It was an original copied retail disc using XBox Backup Creator and was burned at 2.4x on a Verbatim Singapore with Image Burn 2.4.1. I have seen the render issues on his machine and also the texture pop-ups. When playing the "Pressed Retail Disc" this is not the case only with the Verbatim copy. We have also tried TDK discs and the same result is found. On a Samsung drive the copied Verbatim burned games do not have pop-ups and play just fine.

Just some info to think about...

P.S. Things do seem better with 12X flash rather than an 8X flash of the Benq.

This post has been edited by MeanMangoMan: Apr 30 2008, 08:18 PM

sonicsam

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

I too also have the Benq drive and a real copy of GTA IV, I get pretti bad popup when I use the faster cars in the game (smacking into a obstacle on the sidewalk and it loads a split second after impact). So i tried in on a friend launch unit (havent checked which drive) and though it is a LOT noisier, the game seems to load textures a lot faster (for example switching between scenes in cutscenes and driving fast through the city) and also looks to run noticeably smoother (looks like higher fps!). I am running my benq box on my LCD monitor through the hdmi output and my friend has his box hooked up to a regular TV. Would this be the cause of the difference in smoothness? I think the non-Benq drives read faster from these observations...

This post has been edited by sonicsam: Apr 30 2008, 11:53 PM

Scan-C

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 04:29:00 AM »

Same here. I'm playing on a unmodified Arcade with BenQ drive. As soon as I drive real fast you see that the textures are missing. If I keep going whole buildings are missing and when I stopthey appear after 3-4 secs. It gets better when the HDD is connected but is still noticable.
The same disc played on a Hitachi 79fl runs flawlessly. Even the backup runs great on this drive with or without HDD.
I was happy to get a BenQ in the Arcade but regret it now...

techmob

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 02:41:00 AM »

i got gta on day of release and it was running fine, 12 hours on into the game and it is getting worse

even cut scenes have delay and one instance there was a road block and i didnt see it until i hit it..

this is with a benq drive

uberd0gg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem and it's making the game unplayable. I'm using a brand new 360 Pro with Benq drive flashed to iXtreme 1.4 12x. I tried clearing the cache but it did nothing to help the situation.

It was fine until I completed around 60% of the game, but now (with posts, bollards, roads and entire buildings failing to appear) the game is sh*t sad.gif

pirateu

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(uberd0gg @ May 8 2008, 03:27 AM) View Post

I'm having the same problem and it's making the game unplayable. I'm using a brand new 360 Pro with Benq drive flashed to iXtreme 1.4 12x. I tried clearing the cache but it did nothing to help the situation.

It was fine until I completed around 60% of the game, but now (with posts, bollards, roads and entire buildings failing to appear) the game is sh*t sad.gif

who did you get up to? maybe its facing me aswell. i have benq 8x and i got used to textures popping maybe it works better for me than others (maybe) any one have a video of that happening?

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 08:13:00 PM »

I don't seem to have pop in issues at all - I've tried a backup copy on my modded launch console with a Hitachi47 and my retail copy on my unmodded 2006 console with a Hitachi59 - no problems either way...

uberd0gg

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(pirateu)
who did you get up to? maybe its facing me aswell. i have benq 8x and i got used to textures popping maybe it works better for me than others (maybe) any one have a video of that happening?

It was near the mission where you have to watch over a mob meeting in the industrial district using a sniper rifle. I've played further, but the pop in is truly attrocious. It's not just in fast cars either, I can be driving a cab and I'll have to park up and wait 20 seconds for the textures to load. It looks worse than GTA3 ffs!

This youtube video shows exactly what I'm experiencing. The guy who posted it claims it has something to do with the Arcade console having no HDD, but that's bullshit - I have a 1 week-old Pro 360 and tested with and without the HDD, both are exactly the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_e6NZJ-APs

pirateu

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(uberd0gg @ May 8 2008, 04:51 AM) View Post

It was near the mission where you have to watch over a mob meeting in the industrial district using a sniper rifle. I've played further, but the pop in is truly attrocious. It's not just in fast cars either, I can be driving a cab and I'll have to park up and wait 20 seconds for the textures to load. It looks worse than GTA3 ffs!

This youtube video shows exactly what I'm experiencing. The guy who posted it claims it has something to do with the Arcade console having no HDD, but that's bullshit - I have a 1 week-old Pro 360 and tested with and
without the HDD, both are exactly the same.

i have mine burned memorex at 2.4 and benq drive 8x and it takes to load like 1.5 sec , im past that mission without major prob's , glitches are noticable but dont bother me allot

pirateu

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »

Heres a gamespot discussion on this problem aswell http://www.gamespot....a...3037&page=0

OuTeR HeAvEn

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »

New xbox with Benq 8x + verbatim 2x or 8x =pop up's
New xbox with Benq 12x + verbatim 2x or 8x =pop up's
I load the same copies of gta on both hitachi and samsung drives and works great without pop up's
so the question is
1.is the benq the problem on these texture delay on gta iv ??
2.Or the original dont have these symptoms at all and the copy of it has ??
3.maybe a bad rip ???
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

(samsung and hitachi owners dont reply please because the problem is with benq only)

This post has been edited by OuTeR HeAvEn: Today, 04:16 PM

kirca

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 03:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(OuTeR HeAvEn @ May 9 2008, 05:14 PM) View Post

New xbox with Benq 8x + verbatim 2x or 8x =pop up's
New xbox with Benq 12x + verbatim 2x or 8x =pop up's
I load the same copies of gta on both hitachi and samsung drives and works great without pop up's
so the question is
1.is the benq the problem on these texture delay on gta iv ??
2.Or the original dont have these symptoms at all and the copy of it has ??
3.maybe a bad rip ???
 huh.gif

(samsung and hitachi owners dont reply please because the problem is with benq only)

Can you please tell me do you have HDD?

I know another guy posted that he has problems with a HDD when he completed 60% of the game, but at least he got that far with no problems mine sucks a** from the start.
I have an Xbox Arcade, benq, no HDD, burned with Verbatim at 2.4x with a Sony/NEC burner and I have texture problems so bad that its virtually unplayable. I really think the HDD solves the prob.(correct me if I'm wrong)

OuTeR HeAvEn

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

yeah you are wrong same result with hdd
(i have been try the 5x benq flashing read speed and the pot tweak same here)

n0gabor

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

I've read on Hungarian forums that you have to play aprox. 1/2-1 hour to have everything cached on the HDD (previously cleared cache. When entering a new island (with new desing - new textures) it needs 1/2 hour again, maybe cache clearing. These are BenQ drive + HDD results, so HDD does help!

I'm lookin' forward to buy a HDD, I'll post my experiences.

uberd0gg

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 09:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(n0gabor @ May 12 2008, 12:24 AM) View Post

I've read on Hungarian forums that you have to play aprox. 1/2-1 hour to have everything cached on the HDD (previously cleared cache. When entering a new island (with new desing - new textures) it needs 1/2 hour again, maybe cache clearing. These are BenQ drive + HDD results, so HDD does help!

I'm lookin' forward to buy a HDD, I'll post my experiences.

Sounds plausable. The texture issue disappeared after a while, but reappeared when I drove to another main island. Unplayable.
I wouldn't get too excited about HDD if I were you. It does fix itself after a while, but the game is still spoiled (how am I supposed to attempt later missions if the textures f**k up so severely whenever I cross a bridge?)

My first 360 had a hitachi and all I kept hearing was how good the benq drives are compared to the noisy piece of sh*t inside my console. Well, now I have an "awesome" benq and GTA IV is unplayable and Assassins Creed doesn't even load!

I'm sorry, but f*ck the benq! (worst drive IMO)
Pages: [1] 2 3