xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: GTA IV Released  (Read 753 times)

Trebor Mints

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 06:11:00 AM »

I think the planes are gone because the game is based on New YOrk city and they didn't like the idea of people flying big planes into tall buildings.

FoneFreak

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(midnightcharger2 @ Apr 30 2008, 05:07 AM) View Post

found a way to get a five star felony rating very easy.  If you go onto  highway and from what I gather early in the game some are blocked off until you progress further.  If you shoot at the police office blockade you will get a 5 star immediately.  

The second way is to try and swim from one island to the other.  Basically any movement that you try to get to another area of the game that would normally be off limits till you complete the missions will get you a 5 star.

My biggest gripe with the game though (as a side note)  The AI for the police is pretty lame.   Unless you basically slam into a police car, most other crimes (speeding crashing into light poles, driving on the wrong side of the road, etc. are un-noticed).
I also noticed this, I was on high alert, pigs looking for me etc. I got stuck behind a car, and a pig come up to me NEAR my door and then turned round and run back - WTF???

scuba156

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »

heres a tip for some people that i worked out (quite stupid that this works really): if your car breaks down (car will not start, i dont mean that it has blown up), just keep holding down the right trigger, bring up your phone, type in any number as it doesnt matter what number, call that number and when you either get the enganged tone or someone answers, your car mysterially springs to life!

also seem a few more bugs and things that annoy me...

if you park your car between two thing (a wall and a tree for example) and it blocks both of the front doors, try to get out and see what happens. the car suddenly flips on its side and niko then climbs out the door.

the clinging to walls feature (a la GoW style) is buggy and quite crap. first of all, he moves slow as hell while hiding behind something, and can sometimes be hard to control. sometimes, if your in the right spot, and you try to cling to a wall, he will actually cling to a different wall anywhere within 10 metres around you, for example. i was standing at the top of a flight of stairs and wanted to cling to the railing at the very top of the stairs, so i pressed RB, and niko ran (faster than he can actually run in the game) to the bottom of the stairs and clinged to the railing there. ive totally given up on this new feature and just end up crouching behind something.

kowrip

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2008, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(dokworm @ Apr 30 2008, 06:51 AM) *

My guess is that the planes are gone due to framerate etc. issues, there is a lot more to draw, a lot faster from a plane vs a chopper.

I can't see how planes would cause much more frame rate problems than fast cars.  Granted, it's more of the third dimension, but I think both would require intense processing.  In any case, it's sad they are gone but the game is still great !

Hack_kid

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »

Maybe they took out the plans cuz its based in New York (well kinda) and theyu don't want people re-creating the 3/11 Senario, I mean its proven by the story line the guys have hearts, maybe they drew the line at terrorist attacks lol i dont know
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]