xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: GTA IV Released  (Read 752 times)

Tiuk

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »

How has Live been holding up so far? I imagine tonight will be the real test, with everyone in north america coming home from work/school and playing.

davo77

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

Congratulations to Rockstar.

This game was surely the most eagerly awaited of all time so it had a massive weight of expectation.

The game is superb, the graphics are amazing and the addition of so many online modes means that after you complete the game there will be hours more fun to be added. Not to mention future downloadable content the first of which is scheduled for August.

Only minor gripe is that there are no planes/parachutes and the main character Niko lacks the personality and Charisma of the last GTA star CJ.

In all honesty i expected to be let down by this game having been so taken by Vice City and San Andreas. Not heard most of the soundtrack yet and i doubt i will like it as much as i did Vice City due to my nostalgic love of 80's music but so far so good.

Played a few online games - looks pretty good will be better when i get a group of mates into a game. Still quality when you see an opponent in the middle of Times Square firing his AK47 and you go and run him down in your Aston while the guy he was firing at bursts out laughing.

Tiuk

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(davo77 @ Apr 29 2008, 02:06 PM) View Post
Only minor gripe is that there are no planes/parachutes

Some would consider this to be a plus. I hated flying in the previous games.

atomiX

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

I'm just trying to find a chopper, argh! I loved flying. I remeber texture loading delays in Vice City when flying. Hope it doesn't happen here.

(haven't had texture issues while on the ground like some people report)

pdx98

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »

Flying the gunship in Vice City was awesome!

Majorn

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

This game gave my Xbox a serious stroke, no RROD but it freezes 2 minutes into every game.... I was really looking forward to this game...

Magusu

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »

I think live has some problems holding this, i get random disconnects all the time when going from party mode to another game, could be a bug. But now i'm just playing party mode with a friend  unsure.gif

scuba156

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(atomiX @ Apr 30 2008, 07:32 AM) View Post

I'm just trying to find a chopper, argh! I loved flying. I remeber texture loading delays in Vice City when flying. Hope it doesn't happen here.

(haven't had texture issues while on the ground like some people report)

choppers can be found at the airport on the very first island (but im not sure if you can get them at the start) or on the second island where the heli tours are. i havnt noticed any choppyness or texture pop-ups while flying, and the draw distance is great

i havnt noticed any problems with live so far, everything is running as per usual

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »

If anyone is interested I've posted a Massive 20 photos of the Special Edition version:
http://collectorsedi...dition-ntsc-360

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

pop.gif

dokworm

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(RiPpN-N-TrIppN @ Apr 29 2008, 04:34 AM) *

i just picked up my copy of GTA from Dick Smith for $85 AUD
nice and cheap

AUD$78 at Big W.

Anyone know how big the PS3 version is on the Blu-Ray disc?

kowrip

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(davo77 @ Apr 29 2008, 07:06 PM) View Post

Only minor gripe is that there are no planes/parachutes and the main character Niko lacks the personality and Charisma of the last GTA star CJ.

I'll really miss the planes, too.  In GTA:SA, I could kill hours at a time just flying the different planes.  I can't imagine that it would have required that much extra code to have planes in the game.  Heck, they don't even need to make them a part of many of the missions.  I think it was just a bad decision.  Thankfully, they at least left helicopters in GTA 4.  As far as the characters go, I'm not far enough into the new game to comment on that.  From what I see so far, I still think GTA:SA was the biggest improvement over a previous version, but GTA 4 seems like it's still the best overall as it appears to have even further improved upon a lot of those ideas, polished up a lot and looks as beautiful as it SHOULD !!!!

dokworm

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »

OK this is weird, two unmodded xboxes, one is getting really noticable popup, the other none at all!

Why would this be?

Did later 360s get faster drives or something?

midnightcharger2

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »

found a way to get a five star felony rating very easy.  If you go onto  highway and from what I gather early in the game some are blocked off until you progress further.  If you shoot at the police office blockade you will get a 5 star immediately.  

The second way is to try and swim from one island to the other.  Basically any movement that you try to get to another area of the game that would normally be off limits till you complete the missions will get you a 5 star.

My biggest gripe with the game though (as a side note)  The AI for the police is pretty lame.   Unless you basically slam into a police car, most other crimes (speeding crashing into light poles, driving on the wrong side of the road, etc. are un-noticed).

no0b123

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »

Very nice twistedsymphony  cool.gif

dokworm

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »

My guess is that the planes are gone due to framerate etc. issues, there is a lot more to draw, a lot faster from a plane vs a chopper.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4