xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: GTA IV Released  (Read 750 times)

Flagg3

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Apr 28 2008, 09:00 PM) *

here comes the influx of "GTA4 broke my xbox" threads (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

That's what spares are made for. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

My main box has been getting especially loud since I finished The Orange Box.  That's why I keep all of my saves on a memory card - so when it dies I will just pop one in from another room and will be good to go...

m82a1

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Flagg3 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:30 AM) View Post

That's what spares are made for. wink.gif

My main box has been getting especially loud since I finished The Orange Box.  That's why I keep all of my saves on a memory card - so when it dies I will just pop one in from another room and will be good to go...

better then spending 120$ on freaking 20gb proprietary hdd...damn u ms, ill be pissed if my hdd ever dies

so the game is that good huh? so far 2 people told me its really good, waiting to hear a negative, just so i can ask "why?" lol

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 12:24:00 AM »

its a good game
but i don't think its THAT special
i always find it a tad boring until i get the cheats working and go around shooting every thing
and once that happens its going to be awesome
i reckon multi player is going to make this game for me
more killing less missions

gehx

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 03:44:00 AM »

just picked it up @ midnite....good game, I like it quite a bit as a matter of fact (haven't tried an online game yet)

It really bugs me that they took out the ability to fly planes, choppers, etc though.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 03:17:00 AM »

choppers are still in the game numbskull  tongue.gif  i ,too, am sad planes are gone though

If any one wants pics of the LE edition i can postem up, also it came with some framed picture.

nha

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 04:24:00 AM »

Was a crazy que at the local asda (NEVER shop there!) so I went to Gamestation and walked right in and got a better deal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) - So far not bad at all, the biggest gripe I have is with the camera angles when driving and walking.... really fustrating - why can't the camera just stay perfectly fixed behind me and not swing all over the place requiring me to swing the angle around with the analog? Very annoying.

Still, I'm looking forward to GRID more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by nha: Apr 29 2008, 11:27 AM

grim_d

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 04:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(nha @ Apr 29 2008, 11:24 AM) View Post

so I went to Gamestation and walked right in and got a better deal smile.gif

you got a better deal on something at gamestation? i straight up don't beleive you.

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 06:13:00 AM »

Grabbed mine at woolies at 9, only 2 people queueing (Brighton).  They had LOADS.  Its sat next to me at work.  Why did i not throw a sickie??  Ah well, back to Inventor

hamwbone

• Recovered User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »

the shadows.... going... to..  puke....

ausmods

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »

I had a freind pick up a copy for me while I was at work, and ive been playing it over the last few hours... Great game so far... Its a tad laggy at parts tho...

Good old Big W had copies of the game for $79... Great buy... I was worried it would be like $110 like every other newly released game   happy.gif

nha

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 06:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Apr 29 2008, 11:59 AM) *

you got a better deal on something at gamestation? i straight up don't beleive you.

Well it was 45 inc 500 xbox points and a months xbox live. Asda it was I believe 40 for just the game.

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(nha @ Apr 29 2008, 01:55 PM) View Post

Well it was 45 inc 500 xbox points and a months xbox live. Asda it was I believe 40 for just the game.

All copies came with a month of Xbox Live Gold and 500 Points is worth £4.25 tongue.gif

Sorry, had to be done

BleedEffect

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

getting mine on friday.

MeanMangoMan

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »

Just purchased the game at 12AM last night. Super sweet! Greatest game I have played in a while. I have a Benq drive and have had no Pop-Ups or texture issues. Everything is perfect and online play kicks butt! The city is huge!

scuba156

• Archived User
GTA IV Released
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

i picked up this game today, and while it is great, i still have quite a few complaints. like bugs, its so damn buggy. ive seen a parked car just sitting on its front two wheels, with the back ones a metre in the air, i walked into and the back wheels fell to the ground. i had a cop car dissapear that was right in front of me, and then fall from the sky and hit the ground right in front of me. i slid sidways into a tree which sent my car a couple in the metres in the air as it got caught between the tree and a fence. the cars weight is way to light, you can get huge air off the tiniest bumps which just fucks you up.

the AI is pretty dumb, and they said that the cops where going to be alot smarter and stricter with crimes. i have yet to see that happen, as ive rammed plenty of cop cars and most of the time they do nothing about it. and ive stolen cars in front of cops before, sometimes they wont chase me at all. when you have a partner following me, if i jump a fence and keep running, they usualy stay on the other side of the fence untill i go back and get them.

other than that, the missions are great, the graphics are great, the gameplay is great. i love all the little detail they put into everything, it just brings the city alive.

they really need to fix some of these bugs before i would give it 10/10. i would say about 8.8 right now, and those bugs can be really off putting and stuff you up

just thought i might add, my orignal disc runs fine, no lag, no pop-ups or any problems, but my backup has pop-up problems. this is on a 5x BenQ drive. might try changing the speed

This post has been edited by scuba156: Apr 29 2008, 06:28 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4