xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Which Version Of GTA IV Should You Buy?  (Read 954 times)

jimbobjim

• Archived User
Which Version Of GTA IV Should You Buy?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »

It's not a problem whilst the game is still new and fresh, but I bet those of you who buy the ps3 version will be kicking yourselves in a few months when the DLC is released on the 360.

I would like to try both versions but I doubt there will be much in it.

gAm3 Fr3aQu3

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(d-range @ Apr 28 2008, 03:30 AM) *

I think that's not really an 'excuse' for crappy online play. I don't really play online much anyway so I don't care that much, but saying matchmaking with friends is redundant because you can 'just all turn up at one house and play' is a bit stupid. It's not really an option for most people, it's not convenient, and there's not really a reason why the PS3 doesn't have friends lists etc. That said, the only game I tried playing online on my PS3 was Guitar Hero III and I can only say the online play sucks balls. It took me 10+ minutes for any game to start, there where virtually no other people and I was unable to connect to over half of the people present. If a simple game like Catan on the 360 works so well online, it's strange to see how terrible GH works, which (I think) is a direct consequence of the 360 having integrated libraries for online play, matchmaking etc, which makes stuff a lot easier for developers. It's definitely a BIG plus for the 360 over the PS3. Not even mentioning the crappy PS3 store and the problems I had downloading updates (slow, huge and fail a lot). I didn't manage to race online on GT5P either, but since I hate that game anyway (got fed up with the boring gameplay after only 4 hours) I've not tried that many times (only twice, in fact)

I've seen you make this comment before but I think this is a really bad argument as well. Only people who hacked their xbox 1 and put really big HD's in it wanted their games on the HD,  and I assume most of which where downloaded illegaly which makes copying to the HD a lot more interesting. Since people are not really hacking the PS3 or downloading 'backups' for it, and seeing that some PS3's have only 20GB HDs and most of them have only 40GB, with installation to HD becoming the standard, this is going to suck a lot for average Joe or Jane who just buys a game console and finds out the HD runs out after they have more than 5 games. Call it whatever you like, but as soon as I will have to start cleaning my HD when I want to switch games and wait another 15 minutes to reinstall, I'm going to be very, very annoyed.

I know this is an Xbox site and all... but how can the hell you say PS3 has crappy online play, especially since you don't even play many PS3 games online, and games online in general? Have you even tried COD4, WarHawk, etc..? I can get into matches within as early as 5 seconds. Your comment is pretty much null 'n void when you said that you've only tried a game online twice for the PS3...

And how do you know if most people have the 20/40gb version when most of the stores (at least the ones local to me) are always out of the 80gb version? Even if it is true, the PS3 accepts an external HDD... so again, your comment is null 'n void.

irnchriz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Apr 28 2008, 11:48 AM) View Post

Oh you have played both versions then?
 The one thing that will swing many with duel systems to the 360 is the exclusive content.
But as stated which ever machine you get it for, it's just another sequel at the end of the day.

Yes i have wink.gif  To completion on both systems

JohnnyVegas

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »

A manager friend lent me his copy to play last night on the 360.
No mods, 12x, pressed.

there is not a single glitch in graphics. I grabbed a "qorvette" (corvette) and destroyed the city along with many others. There is a blur effect on the city in the distance. But the detail is outstanding.

There is no load time issue. Not at all. Thats just simpley made up and make-believe.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »

Thought about getting PS3 version but really want the exclusive content on ma 360. Does anyone know if there target system was PS3 for development? Hence the delay I'm assuming it was that may give the edge on the PS3 in terms of speed etc but I don't know I'm just guessing.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(irnchriz @ Apr 28 2008, 09:27 AM) View Post

There is no DLC for PS3 and sadly no Home integration coming for GTA either.

Source? Don't give me that BS joystiq article based off a "blogger's lunch" either.

QUOTE(d-range @ Apr 28 2008, 11:30 AM) View Post

I think that's not really an 'excuse' for crappy online play.

How do you know the online play will be 'crappy'? If you're meaning in general, I can't tell you how much happier I am with the PS3 version of COD4 over the 360 version, as finding a match is much faster. Maps load up a bit quicker, too, thanx to the install.

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Apr 28 2008, 08:43 AM) View Post

Personally, I'm waiting until the rumored "episodic" content has more information. They haven't dismissed that the PS3 will have the same or similar content, nor confirmed the 360's exclusive content as "completely unique".

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Apr 28 2008, 05:11 PM) View Post

Thought about getting PS3 version but really want the exclusive content on ma 360. Does anyone know if there target system was PS3 for development? Hence the delay I'm assuming it was that may give the edge on the PS3 in terms of speed etc but I don't know I'm just guessing.

I am willing to bet that the PS3 version will have exclusive content as well. May not be the same content but there will be added content all the same.

Good thing is that since they have about 40GB of extra space on the Blu-Ray disk then all the extra content may already be on the disk and only needs to be unlocked.

So I say let the 360 people have to download their content and us PS3 people can just simply unlock the content already there.

dokworm

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

Anyone know how much space GTA IV actually takes up on the bluray disc?

Not sure why you would buy the PS3 version unless you like the controller better.
Gizmodo's review stressed that the graphics were virtually identical, and that you wouldn't notice the benefits of one over the other in actual gameplay.
The 360 has downloadable content that the PS3 doesn't, and has matchmaking which the PS3 doesn't. I wish you had the option to pre-install on the 360, don't see why it can't be an *option*, the same way I can't see why pre-install is *mandatory* on the PS3.

But really, I don't see any tangible benefit to buying the PS3 version over the 360 version, it sounds pretty much like a wash, but the DLC on the 360 should extend the value of the game.

and as for the DLC already being on the PS3 disc, very funny!

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Molten Universe @ Apr 28 2008, 01:04 AM) View Post

its a different advanced gaming generation now, and I'm (pretty) sure that the game will be flawless on both consoles.

you think so? for the reason you started that train of thought with, i think neither will be flawless. i think a year or two down the road we will get some kind of spin off with all the bugs fixed (Vice City 2? something gta that isn't gta5)

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »

no sh** you people with only 1 console are going to buy the version for your console that isn't what the article was about, you shouldn't post if you don't have both consoles.
I'm torn between the two versions personally, only have warhawk on ps3 so another ps3 game would be nice but with all the hosting problems with the metal gear online beta the ps3 online play has me kind of worried. Ive also been reading about gt5p online gaming problems with cars ghosting and whatnot, will have to wait and see real world testing by individuals on the ps3 but without friends list and being able to private chat while gaming on the ps3 is a big drawback.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(dokworm @ Apr 28 2008, 05:39 PM) View Post

and as for the DLC already being on the PS3 disc, very funny!

How so? It’s not like it has never happened. It already does happen on many 360 games.

I have downloaded so called bonus content from Live for games that only end up being a 200kb download? That leads me to think this content was already on the disk and only needed to be unlocked.

It is entirely feasible that the current disk for GTA already has bonus content that cannot be accessed until it’s unlocked.

But since many PS3 games do have a lot of downloadable content then this is more likely will be the case with GTA as well.

But anyone who thinks there will not be any bonus content for the PS3 version we will see.  It may not be the same content the 360 version will have but it will be something completely different and probably just as good.

But in the end I do believe this game is way overly hyped. Rock Star can release a box full of god poo and stick a GTA name on it and people will buy it like crazy and probably give it a perfect 10.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 28 2008, 06:03 PM) View Post

But anyone who thinks there will not be any bonus content for the PS3 version we will see.  

It amazes me that some boards have people swearing the PS3 version will have NO content. TT would make lots of money with DLC.

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 28 2008, 06:03 PM) View Post

But in the end I do believe this game is way overly hyped. Rock Star can release a box full of god poo and stick a GTA name on it and people will buy it like crazy and probably give it a perfect 10.

While it may be overhyped, it's still probably a great game. I'm sure the overhyping won't be as severe as the Halo 3 wars we've seen smile.gif

lmaolmao

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Molten Universe @ Apr 28 2008, 06:04 AM) *

^^^ Do you honestly think it will be like 3 or vice city how you drive into stuff that wasn't there half a second ago, come on, give Rockstar some credit on the XBOX360, its a different advanced gaming generation now, and I'm (pretty) sure that the game will be flawless on both consoles.

After all, this is the question i've seen going around on many forums, and it just fuels the fire for fanboys who want to rant.

it's happened to me already (360 version)!

kowrip

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(spivey8 @ Apr 28 2008, 06:21 AM) View Post

i got my gta iv already and its awesome, i have no idea what these people are saying about LONG LOAD TIME....the game runs very smooth and fast

Agreed.  I don't see any slow downs, long load times or glitches.  It runs great and the graphics are a big step up from the GTA:SA graphics on the Xbox.  Nice job Rockstar !

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

gamestops have had their copies since friday.

ive been on the 360 version more than ps3, but i can honestly say it runs better on ps3.

there is some texture pop ups and shit going on, ala ps2 days,  on retail and backup, modded and stock systems, on 360.

it really doesnt bother me at all. the game is totally ____________ awesome.

the ps3 version is very clean. just from a peek, i felt it looked slightly better.

but hey! we got the wicked DLC!!! makes up for it. ps3 got split screen though, not that im huge on that but....

and where did the 360 hard drive install option go? I coulda sworn I read something about 360 owners being able to get some hard drive boost. hmmmm..... oh well, cant wait to get out of work and get back on it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5