xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Microsoft on GTA IV Leak: 'Need to Look into this Further'  (Read 1387 times)

fluc02

• Archived User
Microsoft on GTA IV Leak: 'Need to Look into this Further'
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Denders @ Apr 24 2008, 04:40 PM) *

Uhm under wich stone did u sleep the last 10 years? MS NEVER bans gamertags, they always ban consoles from xbox live.

So u can stil use ur gamertag on a ligit xbox console. Cause the console has to be modded or flashed, not the gamertag.

Yep, I got it totally wrong and backwards.  My brain is exploding from exams.

Mike4

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(fluc02 @ Apr 24 2008, 03:34 PM) *

Edit:  I had it totally backwards, wrong, wrong, wrong.  I'm an idiot, it's exams leave me alone.
*Edit: I'm not gonna beat a dead horse.

This post has been edited by Mike4: Apr 24 2008, 09:48 PM

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

They aren't going to ban anyone for playing a game before the official release. Since when has playing a game before release date been against Xbox Live TOS?, I don't think it is. This is the same type stuff that was said before the Halo 3 launch when that was leaked, nobody got banned then for playing the game before its official release. Sure they want to ban people who have a pirated copy but since they currently have no way to detect backups how are they going to distinguish between a pirated copy and a genuine copy??. A lot of game/rental store workers will be playing this with genuine copies not to mention the online pre-orders which typically get delivered a day or two before release.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »

Just a thought... what if it's a deliberately "leaked release", a sort of poisoned GTA4?

Think about it... it looks like GTA4, it plays like GTA4 (at least for now, perhaps there are bits missing) but what if it sets flags in the gamesave or console that are unique to this "leaked release"?  Anyone playing this version would HAVE to have a modded console... down comes the ban hammer!

This post has been edited by Exobex: Apr 24 2008, 10:18 PM

1NightStandard

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Exobex @ Apr 24 2008, 04:15 PM) View Post

Just a thought... what if it's a deliberately "leaked release", a sort of poisoned GTA4?

Think about it... it looks like GTA4, it plays like GTA4 (at least for now, perhaps there are bits missing) but what if it sets flags in the gamesave or console that are unique to this "leaked release"?  Anyone playing this version would HAVE to have a modded console... down comes the ban hammer!

yeah. yeah, that's defiantly it. You win.

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »

I think anyone who downloaded the game and is dumb enough to go online or obtain achievements should be banned.

vgplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »

MS can't assume that everyone that is playing early is a pirate but I feel like they could put a temporary ban until you present proof of purchase.  However this would require Xbox support to be competent.  I was getting this on PS3 anyways but my roommates want to play it early however, my 360 is dead ATM(bad flash).

wutang138

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »

Only a jealous aholio would want someone banned for playing a game early.  They wont Ban anyone for it. Just like every other game that gets leaked early. I dont think anyone deserves to be banned for anything really. Just let everyone play. Its a gaming system, not a electronic prison were you get shanked for breaking rules

yafolk

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »

never seen so many ppl asking for the banhammer before lol.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »

viva la banhammer! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

This post has been edited by grim_d: Apr 24 2008, 11:41 PM

Landopando

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »

I'm new to the forum so i don't know if this point has been brought up before.  But why ban a paying customer from xboxlive?  So he downloaded a pirated copy of a game, so what?  He still has to pay for his live.  And that is income MS wouldn't get if he were to just cancel his subscription.  Better to get something than nothing.

sirsmacketh

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Landopando @ Apr 24 2008, 06:46 PM) *

I'm new to the forum so i don't know if this point has been brought up before.  But why ban a paying customer from xboxlive?  So he downloaded a pirated copy of a game, so what?  He still has to pay for his live.  And that is income MS wouldn't get if he were to just cancel his subscription.  Better to get something than nothing.

you'll find the admins have no tolerance for piracy here... if you can afford the XBOX LIVE membership, and the 360 console.. you can afford the game either BUY it or RENT IT. Plain and simple. Don't try to justify stealing here - it won't work.

This post has been edited by sirsmacketh: Apr 25 2008, 12:00 AM

Landopando

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

I'm not justifying it.  I'm asking why would Microsoft ban someone and lose money?  To me I would rather have someone paying me money to play a game that they downloaded than having that same person still playing the game and not paying me anything.  Is it the achievement thing that bothers MS and other players?

wutang138

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »

Dont try to justify banning people from live. For as much as you pay for a gaming system they shouldnt ban for anything. I wouldnt trust anyone against pirating.

cory1492

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Landopando @ Apr 24 2008, 04:46 PM) View Post

There is a reason why live is pre-paid and they ban the console, not the account. In the least, someone banned fairly (or unfairly, since bans are indisputable and no reason is given) loses essentially either whatever is remaining in their account time/point wise (at least, as far as I am aware of points are non-refundable), or the cost of a new 360 to use the account again. So knowing that tell me, what exactly it is you think they lose under this arrangement?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8