xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV 'Move Up, Ladies' Trailer  (Read 436 times)

no0b123

• Archived User
Grand Theft Auto IV 'Move Up, Ladies' Trailer
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »

I'm completely impressed with this new GTA installment. But there are two things that I will have to adjust to: the main characters voice, and the possible fact of choppy frame rates  mad.gif

nightwulf28

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »

Seriously,  they have months before release.  Rock star will not rush out a product that has a frame rate fiasco.  It will be fixed and at least limited to minimul slow down occurances.  I have faith in them delivering on this.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by nightwulf28: Yesterday, 01:23 AM

fiya

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »

none of the GTAs ever have had good graphics...so i dunno why all of a sudden its an issue. Ppl get so spoilt over this whole HD era crap. So what if it doesn't look like gears of war, just think of the fun ur gonna have playing it

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 09:05:00 PM »

i dont know what people expect. Given the current Xbox360 hardware it would be impossible to pull off a GTA that looks like gears of war/COD4 and keep the scale of the game. The amount of processing power required to render worlds on such huge scales pushed each console to it's max. Also the amount of memory neeeded to keep track of all the items on screen, plus textures makes it so only so much can be done. Like everyone before me said the series has never been about the graphics. Every GTA i've played has had frame rate issues, popup/distance drawing issues, and subpar graphics. But guess what i've loved everyone and couldnt care less videogames aren't about graphics it's about gameplay and replay value and i'm sure GTA IV has this covered.

This post has been edited by xboxmodder4life: Yesterday, 05:07 AM

dmitri

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 12:04:00 AM »

Damn this game looks like fun..  Can not wait.

MetalHead06

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »

Granted GTA has never been about graphics, however at this point, when there's only trailers being released, we obviously have no idea what the gameplay will be like. Judging based on what IS available to us, yes the graphics are underwhelming. Surprising? A little. Upset? Hell no, cuz it's a GTA game so who cares? But you do have to admit, the graphics really don't look impressive at this point. Let's see if they can fix it up a bit before it ships.

PowderDay

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 10:13:00 AM »

The graphics look great, your all on crack. Compare it to GTA SA and it is definatly a whole new level. You HD kiddies need to relax a bit, most of us dont even own an HDTV, gameplay is what is important to true gamers, and rockstar has never let us down in this area. You guys want HD all the time go watch a movie ffs or go outside, look, real life in HD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by PowderDay: Yesterday, 06:14 PM

88 Ecko Unltd 88

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »

New trailer looks great hope it lives up to its former GTA titles

kowrip

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2020, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(PowderDay @ Dec 7 2007, 06:13 PM) *

The graphics look great, your all on crack. Compare it to GTA SA and it is definatly a whole new level. You HD kiddies need to relax a bit, most of us dont even own an HDTV, gameplay is what is important to true gamers, and rockstar has never let us down in this area. You guys want HD all the time go watch a movie ffs or go outside, look, real life in HD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I agree.  I watched it last night after reading this forum thread.  I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.  Granted, most of it was from animated sequences.  But still, it is definitely a step up from the cut scenes in GTA SA on the original Xbox.  GTA SA on the PC was very sharp and looked great.  I can't imagine this one being worse than that on the 360.

gli7ch

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(kowrip @ Dec 7 2007, 01:29 PM) View Post

I agree.  I watched it last night after reading this forum thread.  I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.  Granted, most of it was from animated sequences.  But still, it is definitely a step up from the cut scenes in GTA SA on the original Xbox.  GTA SA on the PC was very sharp and looked great.  I can't imagine this one being worse than that on the 360.

We ASSUME most is cut scenes, but these could very well be the game at different camera angles...

PincheAnimal

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 02:24:00 PM »

I think most of the people complaining about graphics are clueless, and have no idea how this 3D stuff works. How can anybody even compare this to Mass Effect? That's like saying Metroid Prime has better graphics than Halo, even though you're just walking through small hallways with very little going on.

This always happens though. I remember people bashing GTA3 because Splinter Cell had better graphics. It made no sense then and it makes no sense now.

You can make a gorgeous game like Gears with a few guys on screen and smaller levels, or you can make a decent looking game with huge ass level with tons of crap going on like Halo 3. Unless someone can give an example of a game that does both of these things well, I really don't see the big deal.

rowandacres

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(HipHopHead @ Dec 6 2007, 11:43 PM) View Post

Looks good enough for me.  GTA has never been about graphics, it the insane amount of stuff you can do that makes them excellent!

I agree

88 Ecko Unltd 88

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »

iamwithstupid.gif

skandor

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 05:56:00 AM »

To those complaining about lack of "graphics", please keep in mind there is an ~8GB limitation to a dual layer DVD.  Sure they could fit all sorts of hi res textures and smoother meshes, but then you'd have a smaller world map, less map detail, less cinematics, and less music.  You can only fit so much....  I'm looking forward to the game, looks like a next-gen release to me!

This post has been edited by skandor: Today, 01:57 PM

bonaparty

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »

Common people, be honest, these grafx really look like shit, very outdated, very disappointing.
Okay, GTA has never won the grafx innovation award but I always blamed the crappy PS2 hardware, not the game developers.

If a 1,5 year old, similar game, in respect to scale and interactivity (Saint's Row) can produce nice HD grafx, so should the next GTA.
I'm not an expert on rendering engines but could it be Rockstar is milking this cow and is refusing to invest in upgrading there engine? or optimizing for all the different platforms this puppy is going to be released for? I once read that all Rockstar games all already produced on HD, then downscaled for different platforms. Maybe it's time they re-evaluate their definition of HD smile.gif

Okay, i'm rambling on now...
Pages: 1 [2] 3