xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV 2nd Trailer Coming Tomorrow 10am PST  (Read 151 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Grand Theft Auto IV 2nd Trailer Coming Tomorrow 10am PST
« on: June 27, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | June 27 14:13 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From the press release:

On Thursday, June 28 at 10 am PST, gamers will be able to download Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto IV trailer, "Looking For That Special Someone," on Xbox.com and in high definition on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and, of course, rockstargames.com/IV. This will be the second trailer for the highly anticipated title slated to release on October 16 in North America and October 19 in Europe on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The first trailer released in March, whetted the appetites of millions of gamers worldwide with the first peek at the epic title from Rockstar Games. The Grand Theft Auto IV trailer was one of the most downloaded trailers to date on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

To celebrate the release of the second trailer, Xbox 360 gamers will be able to download exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV theme and gamer pics from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

MS paid 50 million for exclusive DLC on GTA 4.

which is great except for the fact that if they paid 50 million, they expect to make 150 million, meaning expensive DLC.

cant wait to see the new trailer.. its going to be one hell of a game.

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Jun 27 2007, 07:40 PM

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Jun 27 2007, 02:38 PM) View Post

MS paid 50 million for exclusive DLC on GTA 4.

which is great except for the fact that if they paid 50 million, they expect to make 150 million, meaning expensive DLC.

cant wait to see the new trailer.. its going to be one hell of a game.

laugh.gif was just 'bout to say that I hope either the theme or one of the gamer pix is free wacko.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »

Nice some really good stuff starting to come out now, Forza 2 already out, GT4 on it's way and Halo3 is looking pretty good & PGR4.

This fall is looking exciting biggrin.gif

mlapaglia

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

i hope it isn't too much like crackdown, where you can't do a lot of the missions unless you buy them. i'd spend 5 minutes trying to get on top of a building only to have it be a mission i can't do.

Sgt_Yates

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »

With as smooth as the graphics in the HD (in-game I am assuming) screenshots are looking, I will pay whatever they want. We are going to be totally immersed in this dude's character like never before. I mean, just the little 20 seconds of sweetness in the first trailer has me totally hooked. It would be nice if in-game accomplishments were one way of unlocking new content (Although, I would pay real money-maybe) Like the collect all 200 artifacts sort of thing. Or, complete so many kill frenzies, etc. I hope the cars paint jobs are totally customizable, like Forza 2. I just want to roll around in a beater van, with Free Candy tagged on the side. Flick on my warped ice cream man music, and roll around the back alleys looking for some sweetness (=  This is gonna be awesome. Not to be overly vivid, but If I was a girl, I would be moister than Duncan Hines cake  (mmmmmmm  cake ) for this 2nd trailer…Tick tick tick...I am just sitting here waiting to hit download.   .  Can't wait. I luv the way they tie the other GTAs characters or story lines into the games as well. I wish they would retro-spect some characters from the very first GTAs. People forget about those. I, II, and GTA London. It was always about the gameplay and storyline, more than the graphics. Until now apparently. Although San Andreas was smooth(er) looking. Rockstar, I love you man! Where do I sign up for the limited edition everthing? I want stickers for my car, and a safety deposit box to rock my lunch (and toy gat)  in.

This post has been edited by Sgt_Yates: Jun 28 2007, 12:41 PM

TexT

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »

tee minus less than an hour

SD5150

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »

Trailer is up on the GTA website. not sure about Xbox yet.....looking decent..

1NightStandard

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

Well its on guys! trailer 2, came out noon today.

AfterTaste

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

Meh... Looks like the last 2 GTAs

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

I downloaded the high def trailer from xbox.com looks awesome. They just need to show some in-game footage now and there all set biggrin.gif (E3?).

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »

I am really looking forward to buying this game! I loved GTA since the 3rd one in 3-d. Never did enjoy the First two (three really). Did you notice how the guy was hanging on the back of the truck in the trailer? I hope we can hang onto cars while they move as a means of stealth transportation!

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 12:27:00 AM »

I finally found a picture of GTA 4 collecters edition:
http://planetgrandth...ta4/gta4set.jpg