xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer Online  (Read 1345 times)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer Online
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »

i hope its not all city, my favorite part was roaming about the hills in GTA:SA

themadman123

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »

This game looks amazing, Hopefully it will look as good as the trailer. I know most game trailers out there look awesome, but they don't use the actual footage from the game, this trailer however looked like they did, so it should look about the same as we saw.

Anyways, I loved how they made the trailer like the Qatsi films. Amazing.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

Oh, and one more thing...we can confirm that all footage in the trailer Things Will Be Different was captured directly from 720p gameplay running real-time in Rockstar's RAGE engine on a next-gen gaming console.

THEsirloin

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »

Which "next gen" console is it??? i wonder!

1337 pig

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Mar 29 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post

i hope its not all city, my favorite part was roaming about the hills in GTA:SA

true dat, I loved climbling to the top of the mountain and getting the parachute and riding a dirtbike or something off the edge.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »

damn, sucks to wait 6 months. im pretty sure there will be no let down on this title.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »

im just wondering if the towers will be there...

hope that didnt randomly offend someone...  huh.gif

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(prplehz @ Mar 29 2007, 04:22 PM) View Post

Liberty City is New York. The statue of LIBERTY is there hence LIBERTY CITY. They just didn't call it NEW YORK. Just like San Andreas was obviously Los Angeles and areas of california.

Liberty City is based on New York city, it is not actually New York City.  There was a rumor going around that GTA4 was not in Liberty City(which of course is a fictional city based on New York), but was in the actual New York City, which never made any sense.  This trailer puts those rumor to rest though.

andi_06

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »

Would have been nice to see some actual gameplay, rather than all pre-rendered. Cause lets face it, games never look as good as they do in a preview or on the back of a box.

gg22mm

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Mar 29 2007, 07:08 PM) View Post

http://features.team...ent-Trailer/p1/

Oh, and one more thing...we can confirm that all footage in the trailer Things Will Be Different was captured directly from 720p gameplay running real-time in Rockstar's RAGE engine on a next-gen gaming console.

That just means nothing. These are cutscenes from the game, no actual gameplay portrayed... Gameplay to me is when you have control over whats going on on the screen, and not the scenes included in the game as prerendered video, which technically is also real-time in game engine gameplay.  Just like someone stated before, all trailers look awesome, gameplay is a whole different story... Anyway, the main character looks promising and that's the highest point of this trailer IMO.

pop.gif

SD5150

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »

Lets hope the gameplay matches the graphics! Looks nice, but will it live up to the hype?

Master Pwnerer

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »

I think that is just a ship from Liberty City.  I don't remember a Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building in GTAIII.   Why else would they even show those very famous landmarks if the game didn't take place in NYC?

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(gg22mm @ Mar 29 2007, 06:50 PM) View Post

That just means nothing. These are cutscenes from the game, no actual gameplay portrayed... Gameplay to me is when you have control over whats going on on the screen, and not the scenes included in the game as prerendered video, which technically is also real-time in game engine gameplay.  Just like someone stated before, all trailers look awesome, gameplay is a whole different story... Anyway, the main character looks promising and that's the highest point of this trailer IMO.

pop.gif

Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Pre-rendered video and pre-scripted in game cut scenes ARE NOT  "technically" the same thing.

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master Pwnerer @ Mar 29 2007, 04:56 PM) View Post

I think that is just a ship from Liberty City.  I don't remember a Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building in GTAIII.   Why else would they even show those very famous landmarks if the game didn't take place in NYC?

I just noticed in one of the shots, there's a sign that says "Welcome to Liberty City" and sign next to it that says "I 'heart' Liberty City".  This is definitely Liberty City, but just a newly designed, bigger, better, badder Liberty City, with new landmarks.

I can't wait to get him really fat at Cluckin Bell, and then play as the Fat Russian dude.  That will rule!

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »

This could just be ONE city...  never know what other ones you could fly too.. hehe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6