xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Annex  (Read 303 times)

Marrvia

• Archived User
Annex
« on: April 09, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »

I think it's great.  I think it will be my new game mode of choice.  It's fun, and you don't have to wait when you die.  And if forces everyone to work as a team, which is the point of the game.  Good stuff!

C o s m o

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 05:23:00 AM »

It's freaking great.  Totally different from what Gears has been to this point.  I'll keep Execution in my rotation, but Annex has been a blast.  I'm much better at it than any other gametype.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »

Played it for a few hours last night when it was released but I doubt I'll be playing it again. The matches just last way too long and it gets a bit boring when a best of 3 round takes like 50min!!. Also wish the kills counted towards the 10,000 seriously achievement  sad.gif .

tgm4883

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(CrakkedOut @ Apr 10 2007, 06:54 AM) View Post

Yea I'm kind of upset at that too. I'll go to Annex after I get the Serious achievement.
EPIC said 15 sec respawns tho. Which is wierd because there were times where I spawned right back into the game. Waited 15 sec. Waited 8 sec. Wonder what it all depends on or if it's yet another glitch  rolleyes.gif

I would have rather gotten the maps for free than Annex. But hey, thats just me.

I haven't played it yet (no time sad.gif ) but perhaps it's 15 second waves.  So every 15 seconds, all dead players respawn.  So if you die 28 seconds into the game then you only wait 2 seconds to respawn, but if you die 31 seconds into the game you wait 14 seconds to respawn.

Vfreitas

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(CrakkedOut @ Apr 10 2007, 08:54 AM) View Post

EPIC said 15 sec respawns tho. Which is wierd because there were times where I spawned right back into the game. Waited 15 sec. Waited 8 sec. Wonder what it all depends on or if it's yet another glitch  rolleyes.gif

It's not a glitch, it's a wave based respawn. It's very common amongst shooters, especially on the PC. Every 15 seconds new troops are respawned. So 15 seconds into the match, if anyone died, they'd be respawned. From then on every 15 seconds after that anyone who has died will respawn. So essentially the respawns are at 30 seconds in, 45, 60, 1:15, 1:30, etc.

Hope that makes sense.

There you go, tgm4883 got it before me.

belke

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »

Annex =  love.gif

Vfreitas

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »

Just played a few rounds of it. Man, this is what Gears was missing. Definitely a game type for friends to get together and work as a team. I dig it.

Also..

There were a few small things included in the patch, I'm sure everyone noticed them. But has anyone caught up with any bugs or the such? Two nights ago I was playing rooftops through out the night, going for the 100 hammer of dawn kills, all was well. So I started to play rooftops after the patch, and now I'm getting stuck to every corner as I run out of spawn, and there were a few other people complaining about it in the game. Anyone else notice this? Could just be an unlucky case of lag, I'll have to play a few more games to see if it's consistent.

Marrvia

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(greenday54261 @ Apr 10 2007, 11:39 AM) View Post

I'm just pissed that they took out the weapon slide/Jackson curb stomp glitch.

And the exploding chainsaw.

And the shooting roadie run.

But mostly weapon slide... I only learned how to do it three days ago, and it WAS considered legit in competitions.

Ya know, I actually haven't played Annex yet... been doing too much school crap the last couple of days.

I'm glad they took out those glitches.  Legit or not, if it can be used to help you get an advantage, and not everyone knows how to do it, it's a cheat in my book.  I'm all for fair gameplay, if you have people cheating, it ruins everything.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(magic_man185 @ Apr 10 2007, 06:40 PM) View Post

Where did everybody read that it didn't count towards the seriously achievement?

There's an official FAQ about the update on the Gears of War website forum that confirms Annex kills don't count.

QUOTE(Vfreitas @ Apr 10 2007, 07:08 PM) View Post

But has anyone caught up with any bugs or the such?

I'm always getting stuck to walls since the update and it's really annoying!. Also I've seen people still doing the weapon slide glitch which isn't cool.

greenday54261

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »

I guess someone found out a new way to do the slide.

But yeah, I keep getting stuck on walls too. Annoying as hell...

I wonder if it came from removing the shooting roadie run... they would have had to change some cover stuff to fix that.

mitch2025

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »

the chainsaw glitch had 2 diffrent ways of doing it and they only got rid of one grr.gif .meh, if i see someone doing it i will just do it back tongue.gif

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »

Yeah the chainsaw glitch is still there, as soon as the update came out I was testing to see what glitches were fixed and I did it straight away. I'm pretty sure the weapon slide is still in there too, I was in a match and I saw a guy doing the slide curb stomp.

Annex is pretty shit, host team super heroes.

jeffek

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 01:46:00 AM »

i like annex .. but when i was playing i noticed if you die and your team controlls the ring .. you respawn in 2 secs. but if the other team controlls the ring you have to wait 15

im glad they got rid of the glitches .. not  everyone knew how to do them all so it was giving unfair advantages to people who otherwise cant win without them ..

if anyone wants to play my tag is
SWAMP THING401

malbowsier

• Archived User
Annex
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 05:20:00 AM »

Okay so annex is a good addition, but they seriously messed up with the respawn.

I was playing last night on canal level and kept getting killed by people waiting at the spawn point !!

Some 2 or 3 seconds or so of immunity after respawning would have helped I think.

Its just another opportunity for those who don't want to play the game as its supposed to be played to ruin it for everyone else.

I dub these SPAWN KILLERS !!!

any one else experience this ??????

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Annex
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 04:19:00 AM »

ive been getting STUCK to alot of walls to, especially right after i spawn.  im not talking about getting cover on them, i actualy stick to the wall or corner  and i can kinda of get away but its like i am tethered to it with elastic, i just get sucked back to it when i run away.   meh.....
Pages: [1] 2