xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: GoW Gets 10 Nominations for 10th AIAA  (Read 161 times)

KolosoK

• Archived User
GoW Gets 10 Nominations for 10th AIAA
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »

Awesome biggrin.gif

dhrandy1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »

Well deserved!  Hope it wins them all.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

Hmm...most innovative?

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »

Good it's a solid game biggrin.gif

goodl

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 05:20:00 AM »

Dont get me wrong im as big a GOW fan as you could find, but its only building on what has gone before, theres nothing particlarly inovative about it in any way. Its just great fps standards from a number of titles distilled into a fantastic package

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »

It deserves to win them all!  biggrin.gif .

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(naeshit @ Jan 23 2007, 02:31 PM) View Post

10 awards? Do people actually play these games or just listen to hype? An average title at most.

I though it was probably going to be just a load of hype untill I actually played the game. But It was even better than what I expected!  biggrin.gif . It's also the first game I've enjoyed so much that I've gone back and replayed it in all the harder modes (and loved ever minute of it too). And don't forget the excellent online experience you get with it on Live too!.
Thats just my opinion of the game but the reason it has sold 3 million+ isn't down to hype alone. There's alot of word of mouth going around about how good it is from people who have already bought it. Thats the reason I bought my copy and I know this is the same for a few of my friends.

thax

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »

The graphics are excellent, they look good and there are no framerate problems. Animations are smooth, the characters always move around the environment in a natural fashion.

The multiplayer on this game is outstanding, all of the maps are well balanced and well designed. The weapons in the game are akin to paper rock sissors, each weapon has a weakness from attack by a different weapon depending on your tactical situation. This is unlike most shooters where there may be a great number of weapons to choose from, but they all essentially operate the same.

The campaign is great, there are not a large number of co-op games out there and I hope that more follow suit. Some features of the game are new to the shooters genre, such as active reload and the roadie cam. The implementation of the cover system is very good, typically a system like this is disabled for multiplayer because it only works against the AI like in GRAW. It is nice that the system is actually effective in multiplayer as well.

This game isn't average, it is a game that has excellent graphics, gameplay, multiplayer and an above average single/co-op campaign.