xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone Else Think Gow Was Over Hyped?  (Read 242 times)

Foolio187

• Archived User
Anyone Else Think Gow Was Over Hyped?
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

So far its all I hoped for.  At first I thought it was good, but after the berzerker I knew it was great.  If your not playing on hardcore you should try it. The game will punish you if you screw up.
Kill Switch was fun as hell.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

personally i love it, but i didnt pay any attention to the hype, so maybe i dont know

play co-op you will have a ton more fun, theres nothing better when a berserker runs through the wall and you and a friend just start yelling explitives

mrjkwik

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

in gaming, what isnt overhyped?  and if it doesnt have any hype behind, usually it less than stellar to start with.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Nov 10 2006, 12:43 AM) View Post

play co-op you will have a ton more fun, theres nothing better when a berserker runs through the wall and you and a friend just start yelling explitives

no doubt... co-op makes the single player... what that's not single player then.. lol... first time me and a friend met a berserker we were a room ahead of it and it didn't know where we was at... we were both standing in front of the door we were tryin to lead him to and he wasn't coming at us... so we started shooting him.. my buddy keeps saying tickle tickle tickle when he brust fires at him... got me laughing and I drop the controller... needless to say the berserker put me through the door...  laugh.gif

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 07:00:00 AM »

So brave you are to make the comment. I posted earlier that I didn't like it. No one bit my head off so that was good. I told my friend I didn't like it and he wanted to know if I was mixing cocaine with battery acid; cause I apparently lost my mind.

But with graphics aside I just don't find the game impressive. I too thought it was dull and repetitive very much like a Kill.Switch or Win Back.

I hear everyone say you gotta try co-op and multi player and I intend to try them out But what ever happened to a good single player game?

The game is just ok.. (I traded my copy for NBA 2k) not worth 59.99 plus tax but definitely worth playing and completing.

No flame just my opinion... for those who love the game continue to enjoy it and play it this thread isn't meant to turn you off or belittle your decision to purchase it.

Game On

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(melongstrike @ Nov 10 2006, 08:07 AM) View Post

So brave you are to make the comment. I posted earlier that I didn't like it. No one bit my head off so that was good. I told my friend I didn't like it and he wanted to know if I was mixing cocaine with battery acid; cause I apparently lost my mind.

But with graphics aside I just don't find the game impressive. I too thought it was dull and repetitive very much like a Kill.Switch or Win Back.

I hear everyone say you gotta try co-op and multi player and I intend to try them out But what ever happened to a good single player game?

The game is just ok.. (I traded my copy for NBA 2k) not worth 59.99 plus tax but definitely worth playing and completing.

No flame just my opinion... for those who love the game continue to enjoy it and play it this thread isn't meant to turn you off or belittle your decision to purchase it.

Game On

i dont get it. you think the game is repetitive but you trade it for nba 2k7?

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

Everyone complains about the single player... and people say you should try co-op... I have a feeling that a certain game (halo 3) will prolly end up this way to... I know I shouldn't compare Halo's to GoW but if you think of repetition you have to.. I told my buddy I was playing with... these damn wreches remind me of the flood in halo... just because they are so damn annoying... any way... but everyone has their own opinion... so if you don't like it that's cool.. you have the right to not like it, you aren't told what you must like... that's what freedom we fight for  smile.gif

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Nov 10 2006, 04:26 PM) View Post

i dont get it. you think the game is repetitive but you trade it for nba 2k7?

The game is at least fun... and talk about graphics and character modeling; whew, sweet! smile.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

it's totally living up to all my expectations. it wont be leaving the tray for a while.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(melongstrike @ Nov 10 2006, 09:07 AM) View Post

Game On

try playing on hardcore, the way it was meant to be played.  it wont be repetative.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

i could understand that the game was repetitive if the AI was scripted (like in past RS) and the battles played out exactly the same way.  however the AI is sharp, the battles are fierce, and the gameplay is solid.  what more do you need from a shooter?  

i dont understand how this game could have gotten overhyped.  microsoft or epic did nothing to hint the game would be the "second coming" or anything beyond what it is: a damn good game with damn good looks.  all they ever did was talk about the features, graphics, and let the game speak for itself.  we are the one's who have hyped the game based on what we saw and read, not microsoft/epic

the only thing that can be considered "overhyping" from either company IMHO, would be the comment of GoW being the best looking game this year.  this comment though seems to be holding ground.

IMHO to be dissapointed with this game means that you had expectations beyond reality.

KaRiL

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(mr-smith @ Nov 10 2006, 09:49 AM) View Post

Am I missing something? I thought "emergence day" was down for the 17th November?

Is this a case of everyone playing the game before this time are using.....err.....backups? smile.gif

If so, surely MS knows something fishy is going on and will take action???????

dude...go to walmart...

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

GOW did not let me down one bit. Now COD3 on the other hand...

loserkid182

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(mr-smith @ Nov 10 2006, 05:49 PM) View Post

Am I missing something? I thought "emergence day" was down for the 17th November?

Is this a case of everyone playing the game before this time are using.....err.....backups? smile.gif

If so, surely MS knows something fishy is going on and will take action???????

Emergence Day is the day that the game will be on the shelves and available to most people. (they reckon the 17th is that day)

I've tried it mysely and thought it was overhyped, plus it's as tough as hell, I restarted it on easy and still got pasted.

COD 3 isn't great either,  Rainbow Vegas should be great (Plus it's the only one that had a demo!!)

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(loserkid182 @ Nov 10 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

Emergence Day is the day that the game will be on the shelves and available to most people. (they reckon the 17th is that day)

I've tried it mysely and thought it was overhyped, plus it's as tough as hell, I restarted it on easy and still got pasted.

COD 3 isn't great either,  Rainbow Vegas should be great (Plus it's the only one that had a demo!!)

So one of the reasons you dislike the game is because you suck at it?  blink.gif
Pages: [1] 2