xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone Else Getting "dropped Host Connection"?  (Read 290 times)

Jrgong420

• Archived User
Anyone Else Getting "dropped Host Connection"?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

go to port range forward

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

i forwarded those ports.

it changed my NAT status from moderate to open, whihc is good, but i still can't play anything in GOW.

Monkey106

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 04:09:00 AM »

From what i've seen on the internet it's a pretty widespread problem - I just tried to host a private co-op and invited my brother to play, he couldn't connect, so he tried hosting and I couldn't connect to him either. I even tried opening the ports on my router, which didn't work.

Seems to me like it's a problem with the game, one which Epic have acknowledged, however the patch that GoW recently asked me to install has done nothing for the problem anyway. I hope to hell there's another one coming.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

I couldn't connect for shit, even after opening the recomended ports ,until I set the 360's channel to DMZ on my router.  dry.gif

Monkey106

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

Well apparently Epic is trying to get a patch out before Christmas - we can always hope, anyway.

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 04:08:00 AM »

Do the specific game search and when it's saying Refreshing keep tapping X  dry.gif

Monkey106

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

Yeah I already know that trick; the problem I have is that if I host or my brother hosts a private co-op game we can't connect to each other. Even if we host a public game we can't connect, but strangely other people can. I'm pretty sure it's not on my side because i've forwarded every port they ask for AND put my router's IP in the DMZ. Is it likely to be my brother's modem blocking connections?

Monkey106

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 01:40:00 AM »

Ok problem solved, my brother added his Xbox 360's IP to his DMZ on his modem/router and now we can connect to each other fine. He also opened up ports 88 and 3074 as suggested. So there you go folks, it seems most of the problems stem from routers/modems blocking connections.
Pages: 1 [2]