xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone Else Getting "dropped Host Connection"?  (Read 291 times)

MeanMF

• Archived User
Anyone Else Getting "dropped Host Connection"?
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »

Ya I'm getting the exact same thing..Somebody said that it was because the game had started by the time I tried to join.  I was able to host up a room no problem though.

hardhead36

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »

Best way to avoid it is to make sure you are trying to join matches that already have 6/8 or 7/8 in them.  Usually I get that message it's because that match is full by the time I try to join.   I've been joining 4/8 and 5/8 matches easily with no problems as of yet.

Blade732

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »

Getting this as well error as well. 9 times out of the 10 games I try to go into.
I'm thinking it's a problem with needing to open ports on my router specifically for GoW.

Blade732

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 01:22:00 AM »

These adjustments to my router seemed to have fixed the problem.

Off xbox.com's 360 support page:

Q.  What ports need to be open for Xbox Live to work properly?

A.  If your NAT appears as MODERATE or STRICT, making sure that the ports listed below are open may improve your gaming experience.

UDP 53

UDP 88

UDP 3330

UDP 3074

TCP 3074

kevishie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

Im having the same problem, guessing its a router problem? Im going to try opening those ports up when i get home.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

I wasn't initially able to connect with a friend for coop last evening. Just through coincidence, earlier I had been reading the COD3 manual, and in it, I remembered reading that for Live play, they highly recommended not using a router, unless you enabled something or another. So my friend disconnected his router, and then we were able to connect. I don't know if this is coincidence or not, because earlier, without the games even in, we weren't able to set up a private chat room, so there might have been other issues going that we weren't aware of. But after he did that with his router, (I still had mine connected btw) everything was peachy keen.

davemire

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Nov 9 2006, 08:45 AM) View Post

I wasn't initially able to connect with a friend for coop last evening. Just through coincidence, earlier I had been reading the COD3 manual, and in it, I remembered reading that for Live play, they highly recommended not using a router, unless you enabled something or another. So my friend disconnected his router, and then we were able to connect. I don't know if this is coincidence or not, because earlier, without the games even in, we weren't able to set up a private chat room, so there might have been other issues going that we weren't aware of. But after he did that with his router, (I still had mine connected btw) everything was peachy keen.

I get this problem endlessly with Splinet Cell and no router.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

do anyone have the issue with voice?? seems like when my friend hosts a player match if everyone comes in at once it's great... but room fills up and someone leaves person that comes in we can't hear... but from what i've been told they can hear us... anyone else getting this?

Mario4885

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »

Im getting this error around 80-90% of the time as well.  Major pain! Someone has got to figure out how to resolve this, eh? SheriffDane

MeanMF

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

Ya, make sure you go into custom and not quick match.  Then when it pops up saying it's searching for games, hit X (refresh) once or twice and it'll display the games that it's found so far...Join one of those.  I can join those games at least 90% of the time.

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

I'm gonna have to try the XX trick, because my console is connected directly to my modem and I lose host ~90% of the time, too.  Frustrating.
I was playing a multi-match yesterday, and right as I was about to shotgun a guy in the head to win my first round EVER, *boob* lost the connection. grr.gif

unclepauly

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

I'm hooked up directly the my cable modem and get the same thing. First 5 matches no problem, then ever since I get it 95% of the time. I'm lucky to even play multi, this is ruining my experience.

dabears1

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

that happens to me when i tried to play ranked games. i did mange to get a few games in looking for games that had 5/8 or 6/8 people in it. try joining these games and you should be able to play.

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 12:55:00 AM »

I havn't been able to connect once since I got the game, not even to get the game update. I'll try opening the ports listed earlier and see if that helps.

Super-Mari0

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

i called MS for support on this issue, they said it mostly like has to do (in my case) that I am using Vonage, the Voice over IP.  they said that  vonage reserves a certain amount of bandwidth for the phone.  So for those who have the internet phone, that might be your problem
Pages: [1] 2