xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thoughts On Full Auto...  (Read 627 times)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »

didnt feel like writing a full review or anything, but i would like to spread the word that this game is alot of fun.

the demo does this game absolutely no justice, even though its a very simple game, i had tons more fun playing this than i did with burnout revenge. (blasphemy you say?)

anyways, if you havent played it and you like arcade style racing games, (no free roam, think crazy taxi with less limitations meets twisted metal with lots of fire power!) then this is well worth a rental.

I had a couple of my monthly bbuster game rental coupons about to expire, so i picked it up thinking "eh, im sure ill play this for more than 10 minutes", got home, popped it in around 9pm... and well, its now almost 2:30am, 5+ hours and 21 achievements later i finally  pulled myself away to get some sleep, which im about to do right....... now.

mini review
----------------------
anyways, basically, pretty clean graphics, nice looking cars, and the sounds (set at very high volumes) seemed to put me in the action and help me get zoned in...
quite a few weapon "sets" with primary and secondary weapons (usually one front and one rear weapon, like rear grenade, mines, smoke, and front weaons such as machine guns, shotgun and missiles) which i have unlocked and im guessing theres maybe another 3-6 more sets of weapons...

game modes, even though there are about 12 or so "series" they all basically consists of (so far) get first place and xxx,xxx wreckage points for a "full auto" metal, and 2nd place and xx,xxx wreckage points for "semi auto" metal, and 3rd place to "survive" and be able to move on to the next race.

well... go rent it... its fun... and im insanely exhausted and dont know why im still awake... so  i hope you dig this game if you check it out.. if not, sorry.  biggrin.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 07:20:00 AM »

You know, I've been wanting to rent it but non of my local rental places have 360 games yet and the rental-by-mail service I use has a wait on this game...  dry.gif

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

I agree...the game is crazy fun, altho it does get quite repetitive.  not that many tracks at all to play with.  
Still tho, its the only game of its type out right now, definitely better than the demo, definitely at least worth a rental.

I admit however, I haven't played it in months.  Plus after getting so used to unwreck, I have a habit of trying to use it in PGR3, lol.  unfortunately they didn't add that feature in PGR3  tongue.gif

kezor

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

Full Auto is a great game

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(kezor @ Apr 21 2006, 12:21 PM) View Post

Full Auto is a great game

wow, 47 out of 50 achievements  beerchug.gif , why stop there? GET THEM ALL!!!!!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(handles25 @ Apr 21 2006, 12:20 PM) View Post

One of my Block Busters just stocked 360 games and I'm in Denver, not a small place.  Id bet you see 360 games soon.  I was honestly suprised it took so long.

PSP titles popped up almost instantly.

I will be looking for full auto in the next few days.  Just an FYI I guess the Full Auto team is here in Colorado.  They had some kind of prerelease party in like Erie a few weeks back, but alas I wasnt able to attend.  One of the Kotaku editors is here in Colorado so he gets the scoop on stuff happening here in the state(which is almost nothing).

HAHAH we don't have Blockbusters here in the woods we have "Video Choice" a local chain of three stores, two of which don't even cary video games, the third doesn't even get games until they've been out a few months and have hit their first price drop.

At least they only charge a dollar a night.

I signed up for GameLender (they got high marks on every one of the rental by mail review sites I've seen)but I haven't been too happy so far, they have a great selection of games but all of them have a wait.  After I signed up I put every 360 game I didn't own in my queue... EVERY last one of them has a "short wait" and I signed up about 2 weeks ago. After about 4 days I got tired of waiting for my first game delivery so I put a couple of Xbox 1 games on there, played a bit but got bored (would have rather been playing my 360) so I sent them back monday. The site still hasn't updated that they've received them yet... and there still isn't a single 360 game available.

I may cancel with them after this month and try a different service.  dry.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

being in michigan and gamefly on the west coast... it takes about 4-5 days to get a game and about the same for them to recieve it.. however, they claimed to (and noticed it once) have a service where the USPS scans the return in from my hometown and they ship the next game... that worked like i said once.

i keep my Que completely empty except for the 2 games i want the most, and have successfully gotten every new release ive tried for (even back with condemned, perfect dark, now far cry, and tomb raider) and on top of that, getting 5 gamefly bucks every couple months with 5% off used games, its a nice service for 22 or 23 a month.

twisted, sympathies (no pun intended heh) on not having a legit game rental service...
with the price of games and the length of usually no more than 10 hours to complete, its an invaluable asset.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(handles25 @ Apr 21 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

For 30 bucks a month, its cheaper to rent at blockbuster.  

best of both worlds i guess, i have blockbuster online for movies, and i get 2 free in store game rentals a month ($16.00 alone right there) so i try to cover all the bases...

edit: damn... just realized i shell out 42 bucks a month on entertainment... i guess 10 bucks a week for unlimited movies and games is a decent value.

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

Well, there's also Gameznflix
their rate is only $13 for 2 games, and i think $16 for 3.  Altho they also have long shipping times, not sure where they are but it is inconsistent too....my first games came and went fast, now its taking almost a week turn around.  still, 13 bucks is a good deal.

edit:  they have movies too.  not big on movies so i can't vouch for their selection

darksteppin

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

One of the best online games out imo. I haven't played it in a long time though,

tonloc79

• Archived User
Thoughts On Full Auto...
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »

I liked the game from the first time i played it at Zero Hour and when i finally got my hands on the retail version i was satisfied. Its better then alot of this other crap they are trying to pawn off on us as "next gen".
I wish the career was i little longer and more challenging but all in all i liked it.