xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Full Auto  (Read 1546 times)

Ces2k3

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

im going to have to agree  also. the game is a blast online, no lag ,very easy to  "jump in" and play.
gfx are hot but for this kind of game it isnt needed i give it a solid 8 out of 10

PuckX

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

I bought it and the game rocks!  No lag, no fps issues, the game strait out kicks @ss.

9 out of 10

Lizard King

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

Bought it yesterday (acutally my wife bought it). Got it with the faceplate - I snapped the faceplate on, noticed how nicely the aftermarket plates' power buttons are made (MS take note - no bleedthrough), and fired up the game.

I played it well after the point I had planned on stopping. Why? I was trying to figure out exactly why it had gotten a bad review. Fast pace, VERY good balance between racing and shooting, good handling on the cars, good choices in weapons, and excellent track layout. My wife and I both love Burnout (she made me preorder it back in December), and I am VERY pleased with the gameplay.

It had some slowdowns, but nothing on the order of Quake 4 (only other game I played with framerate issues). This is when a LOT of stuff was happening - cars exploding, buildings coming down, etc.

I have to say, Ive seen some shoddy reviews for great games before, reviews which I balked at (I cancelled OXM for such a reason...I think Half Life 2 at 7.5 pushed me over the edge). To those of you who hated the demo and do like arcade racers, try to rent it or borrow a copy. I am VERY happy with my purchase. It is the best game purchase I made for the 360 (I have PGR3 and Amped3). It does have a career mode, with what looks like varied racing options. I have not unlocked everything, been exploring and racking up achievements.

The gamerpoint awards are small and seemingly frequent. I played this game for 2 hours and I had 7 achievements, but only added about 45 points to my score. With my experience with the demo, I raced the one unlocked track, the one from the demo. After the race, where I blew up everyone I could find, I found I had gotten three achievements, one for 10,000 wreck points, one for 50,000 wreck points, and one for 100,000 wreck points. All on the first race; but I don't think that amounted to more than 20 points total. I seem to like that better than games like say COD2 with 50 points awarded for the most basic of gameplay, then nothing for the rest of the game until you win the war (I do not own it so haven't played it on Veteren yet). I did not find a way to view achievements in game however, which means I exitied out to dash often.

On a side note, I can't wait to see OXM's review of Burnout Revenge... something on the order of "same thing we've seen before just packaged up nicely" and "While the formula still works for some gamers, the lack of a plot means there will be low replay value"....heh, actually they like the Burnout series, so I'm sure this won't happen, but I hope you can see my point.

I've probably been playing video games longer than the reviewer from OXM has been alive (i'm an old one) and I'd give this a 8.5 out of 10. Not everone's cup of tea, but EXACTLY what I was looking for - a fun easy to pick up game.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »

Just picked this up today - addicting gameplay thats easy and fun to pick up.  Great game for parties.  Does have some slow down when ALOT of stuff is going on at once, but other than that, its a blast - who can argue with fast cars, guns, and completely destructable environments???  Loads of fun!

GSX

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

Well, I thought it would suck too. But, it came from gf yesterday and I haven't stopped playing since. Very addictive.

Edit: Yes, it slows down quite a bit(especially multiplayer). It's not that bad tho.

Vasher

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Feb 17 2006, 07:24 AM) View Post
I seem to like that better than games like say COD2 with 50 points awarded for the most basic of gameplay, then nothing for the rest of the game until you win the war (I do not own it so haven't played it on Veteren yet).

Nearly all the achievements are attained in Veteran, definitely not from basic gameplay. 13 achievements, not 2.

Picked up Full Auto yesterday. It's definitely not a score whore. I have 10 out of 50 achievements, earned 140. Though it's not giving points away, it's fun earning them. Not a great game, but it keeps me enetertained. Multiple weapons, "rewind", boost, explosiions, there's a lot going on in this game.

If you feel you need another game in your collection this isn't a bad addition.

Joergen

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

I held the box today at the store but I just couldnt force myself to buy it because even as a Sega fan the poor performance of the demo and the final version still having slowdown according to many people I just didnt think its worth the full price. I dont want to support mediocre products nomatter how much loyalty I feel towards the company.

And people who say it runs great should always remember to mention they play at 4:3 SD because thats where it runs the best, as soon as you hit 16:9 SD or 720p it starts to run worse. At least this is the case with the demo and probably with the full version aswell. Which is inexcusable since if thats how its going to be, the HD-era will be the slowass HD-era. There is the risk since in the past developers had trouble supporting the sole 640x480 resolution properly, so what will force them to support more than one resolution properly now if not our feet. (no not kicking their ass but walking past their products).

deacon187

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

i called around today to see if any stores have an extra faceplate to give away with the game and no one has them, im not payi9ng 65.00 for just this game, if anyone still had a faceplate in stock to give away with the purchase i would be playing right now, the damn game crazy still has 3 from preorders that havent been picked up but wont give them away, i said damn the game was released a week ago, if they havent picked it up by now they probably wont and they still wont give it to me, ohwell, 65.00 a store isnt gonna make from my pocket

kezor

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »

Game is great, overall i played it for 5 and half hours, the sercret achivments are, just play through the end in carrer mode, it will start unlocking after you Full Medal each series, and you have to get a two-in-a-row, three, four, five, and six in a row to get a few more secret, i like it great online play. you can beat the entire game in about a week

jdkay20

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

I love this game.
It is simple but very exciting and fun. I really like rampage mode. I also like that almost everything explodes or breaks in the game from water towers to cargo.
Online play is great but the points system needs to be fixed.

I give the game a 8.5/10

btw: if you just want the faceplate I think you can buy it on bestbuy.com

tonloc79

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »

btw: if you just want the faceplate I think you can buy it on bestbuy.com

Looks like they are also selling the COD2 plate! Also about 8 NFL faceplates are available.

PS: I LOVE ME SOME FULL AUTO!

RaGe

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

I bought it but still have yet to play it.  Cant wait sound like a great game

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

I rented this game and I have to say it's pretty good.  Not $60 good, but about a 7.5 if I had to give it a score.  I must say, this game is alot like Burnout in the sense that it gets more fun later in the game.  I'm not really "later" in the game, but I'm getting to a point where the AI isn't just letting me walk all over them as they did in the demo.  Speaking of the demo, that was NOT a fair representation of the final game.  Perhaps in Full Auto 2, I'd like to see slightly better control on the vehicles and a better weapons aiming system (Aiming and Firing with the right stick is seamingly impossible for me).  Anyway, to those still left on the fence, give this game a rental and see if you really do enjoy it as much as you thought you were going to.
Pages: 1 2 [3]