xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Full Auto  (Read 1547 times)

Tr!X

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

Well, i checked yesterday (the 14th) not in ebgames. Checked today (the15th) not in best buy. About to go to the local ebgames and pick it up soon.

prankfurter

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »

t's a miracle that Full Auto can handle the hectic John Woo-inspired action moments at all, but the Xbox 360 does a commendable job of keeping a sturdy pace right through the absolute chaos going on. Previous Full Auto builds suffered from frequent slowdown whenever a lot of action occurred on the screen at once, but with the final build, it seems that the developers have worked out most of the kinks and solved most of the framerate problems. Perhaps now, we're actually playing a game worthy of being called "next gen" -- the game runs beautifully at 60fps, superbly illuminating every bit of explosion, bullets, and car wreckages that it has to offer. Sometimes, though, the action gets too out of hand and the slowdown problems resurface to mar the experience. Furthermore, the game does have its fair share of graphical glitches, but they're only apparent when you truly do something weird...like flying into the side of a building headfirst and somehow getting stuck on the middle of the floor. Wow, that's weird.
Although Full Auto may not reinvent the extreme-racing genre, it does a spectacular job of raising the bar. At first glance, it may appear to be a considerably slower Burnout clone, but upon further inspection, the game is an entirely different beast, breathing new life to a genre that is growing ever stagnant. Despite a few glitches and the occasional framerate problems, Full Auto is simply a blast to play (pun intended).

I will let you know my feelings after i rent it.

Tr!X

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »

Wow i didnt even get a faceplate just because i didnt preorder. Gay. Besides that, the achievements are like pretty friggin low. you get like 10 points each achievment unlocked at the begining

JimmyDeushku

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

I'm definetly buying this tomorrow, Fight Night next week.

spinr34

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

i found the sound effects in the demo to be weak.  when things blew up, it didn't feel like they matched the visuals on the screen.  that really killed the game for me.  i was excited about it but the one and only time i played the demo i hated it.  maybe i'll give it another shot.

Joergen

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

Are you guys playing the full version in 4:3 SD? Because me and others have noticed the demo runs alot worse in 16:9 SD and 720p HD. So if youre running 4:3 and SD then your input on the framerate isnt very useful to the rest of us.

moddingswede

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

I just bought it on gamestops website. It said it came with a free faceplate, so it seems like a really good deal. i played the demo on my SD 4:3 tv, and i didn't notice any problems.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Feb 15 2006, 06:43 PM) View Post

Are you guys playing the full version in 4:3 SD? Because me and others have noticed the demo runs alot worse in 16:9 SD and 720p HD. So if youre running 4:3 and SD then your input on the framerate isnt very useful to the rest of us.

I ran the demo in 720p and it ran fine, maybe a studder here or there in the intense crashes but smooth for the most part. the demo was on the OXM demo disc NOT the XBL download.

Deftech

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

ran fine here in 720p as well

prankfurter

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Feb 15 2006, 08:57 PM) View Post

ran fine here in 720p as well

well in 1080i

both the live demo and the oxm demo

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

I will most definitely not buy this game since I'm not a fan of arcade games. I will probably rent it in the future, not now since I own NFS-Most Wanted and I'm a bit burned out from playing racing games. Besides I have not heard great reviews yet on this game.

Whoever owns this game please update us on how easy it is to earn gamerpoints? If it's a slut of a game I will rent it just to get the gamerpoints.

wasting

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

This game is so much fun, looks great in 720p and the 5.1 blastin such a fun time.  People need to give it a chance

Master X

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »

Wasting, is it hard or easy to get achievements?

Skyblast

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

I downloaded the demo and opted out. It's fun, but I would lose interest in it when I got Burnout, which is just a few weeks away.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Full Auto
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

Definately a good game and online is great, theres a couple things they need to fix like having to start in a new room after every race but its alot better then everyone is giving it credit for! Ive got about 5 hours into career and online and i am very satisfied!
Pages: 1 [2] 3