xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oxm Reviews Full Auto According 2 Gamerankings.com  (Read 1048 times)

tonloc79

• Archived User
Oxm Reviews Full Auto According 2 Gamerankings.com
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

5.5 out of 10? I have a theory about this and let me know what u guys think!  
I think that somebody from the FULL AUTO TEAM slept with the girlfriend/wife of the guy who reviewed this game from OXM! Regardless of anything else, in the back of FEB OXM on Pg. 83 theres all 18 360 reviews and no other game scored below 6.5 and that was RR6 and FIFA. I think we need to read between the lines here, theres no way this game can be that bad......................................right?

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Feb 7 2006, 10:53 PM) View Post

If oxm gives it a 5.5, then I give it a 3.0 and i've only played the demo.

WOW, so you review games based on a demo? Thats a brilliant comment! sleeping.gif

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 04:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Feb 8 2006, 12:29 AM) View Post

WOW, so you review games based on a demo? Thats a brilliant comment! sleeping.gif

I wouldn't review a game based on a demo but the demo for Full Auto points to it being a huge stinking pile of something that stinks. I don't care that it's 'work in progress'. It didn't exactly bode well. Supposedly we buy games based on a demo so why wouldn't the game mechanics be virtully the same in the final version? Graphical tweaks are generally the only real changes between a demo and final version.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Topey327 @ Feb 8 2006, 09:14 AM) View Post

http://xbox360.ign.c...6/686639p1.html
In this IGN hands-on article, the developers mentioned that the demo was from august 2005 and is extremely outdated compared to the final product. It has been greatly enhanced/tweaked/fixed etc since then.

yeah it's true, it's the same demo shown at Zero Hour back in November

The graphics in the screenshots of the OXM review look AMAZING but graphics arn't everything.

I think the OXM review was a bit harsh (I really HATE OXM, I only subscribe for the discs, most times I throw out the mag because their idiot journalists annoy and frustrate me) But if the demo is any indication of the gameplay and general game feel then I don't think I'll like it very much.

I bet it will still do very well though, being one of 2 releases in the Post-launch slump.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ Feb 8 2006, 09:39 AM) View Post

If i play a shitty demo, why would I waste money on the game?

Please enlighten.

maybe you liked the demo

maybe you didn't play the demo

maybe you pre-ordered because it looked interesting and there was nothing else coming out

maybe you're bored with the current games out and wanted to try the full version even if you didn't quite like the demo.

There have been numerous games where I played the demo, hated it, then decided to rent or borrow the full version and ended up loving it.

I'm sure if someone got a chance to read only ONE of your many posts and pass judgment on you they might not decide to try the full version either.

Despite my boredom with the demo and despite OXMs poor review I plan on at least renting this game to give the full version a try.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

It's sad (and hellishly frustrating) that Sega dropped a 6 month old build of the demo on the Marketplace.  I too disliked the demo severly and I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to car combat.  It's almost like they know its going to suck and they shouldn't bother putting together a more recent demo.  Regardless, I'll give this a rental just because I know that the demo is old.  What can I say, I'm an optimist.

prankfurter

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

more reviews are coming up
http://www.gameranki...ges2/928116.asp

but none from any sites i trust as much as OXM...

i will wait and see what gamespot and ign have to say. hopefully its not as bad as oxm feels.... :|

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

Based off the demo, here's my impression

The cars give you no sense of speed.

The fact that I can't aim, shoot, and hit the gas at the same time without pretzelling my hand is very dissapointing.

The rewind is neat, but about as useful as tits on a log.  Fun to play with, but things never really go anywhere.

The weapons don't look like they do any damage, and then after a strange period of time, the car blows up.

I was never able to refill my shielding on the car, so unless I'm missing something, it seems like you're gauranteed to get smoked at least once per race.

I would say that 5.5 is a generous score based off the demo.  They would need to do some major changes for the final game to earn my $60.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ Feb 8 2006, 02:20 PM) View Post

Based off the demo, here's my impression

The cars give you no sense of speed.

The fact that I can't aim, shoot, and hit the gas at the same time without pretzelling my hand is very dissapointing.

The rewind is neat, but about as useful as tits on a log.  Fun to play with, but things never really go anywhere.

The weapons don't look like they do any damage, and then after a strange period of time, the car blows up.

I was never able to refill my shielding on the car, so unless I'm missing something, it seems like you're gauranteed to get smoked at least once per race.

I would say that 5.5 is a generous score based off the demo.  They would need to do some major changes for the final game to earn my $60.
That seems like a pretty good assessment there, Marvin.

I really laughed at the 'tits on a log' comment.  laugh.gif
Pages: 1 [2]