xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Full Auto Demo Freezing  (Read 608 times)

royster

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo Freezing
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »

has froze a few times on me too, normally when reversing time. Looking through other forums seems to be quite common on this demo.

Joergen

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo Freezing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

Lots of people have it freezing but for some reason I havent been able to freeze it once.

I've mostly played it at SD widescreen 60hz, audio set to stereo, wired lan.. so whats your setup?

royster

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo Freezing
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 06:06:00 AM »

In my case the game only seems to freeze when using the rewind feature a lot. This morning I played it lots and tried not to use this feature and had no problems with it.

yaazz

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo Freezing
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

At least its not an actually GOOD game freezing  ph34r.gif

Joergen

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo Freezing
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

This is another case of "bring your own fun" gaming. People who go in expecting nonstop fun without any effort on their part find an unscripted environment that requires the user to create the fun himself.

Depending on how you drive, if you shoot your guns constantly or not, if you deliberately set trees on fire and smash through shop windows or not, if you try your best to jump from every ramp you see and if you shoot your rockets into the sides trying to blow every building in the map, you can either have a fun time or a totally boring time.

I think its the same with all chaotic games like this, such as GTA, where some people cannot for the life of them see what the deal is, but others instantly find hours of fun just driving around doing stunts and causing havok and destruction.

Some people are pyromaniacs, some are natural born killers and others love to watch rally crash videos. I'm the last guy and I LOOOOOVE crashing cars.

All time fave car crashing games:

Stunts
Indy 500
Carmageddon1
Carmageddon2
GTA3 (though its physics system is adequate but not stellar)
- insert a next gen title with superb damage system and physics here -

Stuntman on the PS2 was one of the most promising titles what comes to physics and driving, and Driver3 just took that same engine an toned it down. Make Stuntman2 for 360 or PS3 and I will be there.

Which brings me to Driver3 as a game, absolutely flawed (on the xbox the entire istanbul level is unplayable because of constant slowdown) but the driving model is actually pretty good and its great to do stunts. Some people cant stand the driving model because its TOO realistic and hard (and those people shouldnt play driving games).

btw I just tried crashday demo for PC and what a waste of time that was, Carmageddon2 from 98 does it all 10 times better than that, anything from physics to driving.

deacon187

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo Freezing
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

it hasnt froze once though implaying off the OXM demo

miggidy

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo Freezing
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »

Man I thought I was the only one with this problem.
My game locks up even without having to rewind.
And I get it more often when using the red car it seems.

Here's an interesting thing.
I first played this game from my OXM mag that I subscribe to and the game would freeze on me pretty constantly. I wondered if I just had a bad copy of the disk or something so I bought the same OXM edition from the local book store. And that made the difference, I was able to play fine with no freezing. Every now and then the game freezes when I use the red car though.
I downloaded the demo version just to see if things have improved and man the demo freezes even more often than before....

I get the feeling we're getting this problem because this is just a buggy demo.
But who knows. Lets keep this thread updated when the game finally comes out to see if this bug is fixed.
I would hate to have to send my X360 in for repairs....