xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Full Auto Downloable....  (Read 626 times)

CAjr45

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »

ive played it already. INSANE physics and nice graphics on a nonHD tv. but a little short. 1 RACE?!!?!?!!?

I overall fell in love with the feel of it and would buy the whole game, people got too amped up for just one five minute race

melongstrike

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

I was relieved to see that Full Auto was out for a free download... Now I don't have to waste a rental or worst spend 60 dollars on this shit title.

I was very disappointed! Yes while the sound, physics, graphics, particles looked great, SO WHAT!!??
I will NOT buy this title and I know that was only a demo but I hardly doubt they have enough time to scrap the whole project and add "fun factor" before its target release date.

And dude if you go to a restaurant and the food and service is bad I hope you would make a statement and it doesn't have to be rude but you are paying for quality. While it is wrong to eat the whole meal and then try and complain. Taking a bite of your food and realizing that your well done steak you ordered is burnt on the outside and bleeding in the middle yo deserve a new one or not to pay for that one and find something else.

Back to the game...

Some people will buy it because they actually think it is good
Some people will buy it because there isn't anything else to play
Some people will but it becasue they have wads of cash and don't care
And some people won't buy it for other reasons... the lack of fun factor (can't anticipate playing on live will help the issue much though it will help some), lack of replayability, and just downright repetitive just kills this game in my opinion.

All in all you guys do what you want I sure as hell will and most importantly

KEEP GAMING

~Longstrike~

miggidy

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(melongstrike @ Jan 26 2006, 06:16 PM) View Post

And some people won't buy it for other reasons... the lack of fun factor (can't anticipate playing on live will help the issue much though it will help some), lack of replayability, and just downright repetitive just kills this game in my opinion.

Ok normally I try to stay away from flaming.
But I'll be damned, it's just too difficult sometimes. I'm not perfect.... sleep.gif

So please, can you explain to me why other racers (NFMW, PGR3, GT4, Forsa, Burnout, and even Twisted Metal) don't offer the same "repetitive" gameplay?

And how can you pass judgement on a game in terms of repetitive gameplay and re-playability by playing a short demo?

I dunno, maybe there is a double standard here after all....

One thing I notice is that most cats who find themselves disappointed with the game are people who had high expectations for this game. Nothing wrong with that since this is very common, but live and learn.
It's better to have realistic expectations, you're just better off that way in the long run....

Personally, I hate racers.
They offer plain boring gameplay in my opinion.
But, I always make an exception for racers with a twist. I enjoyed the Twisted Metal games, the Burnout series, and even the Crazy Taxi series.... And Full Auto to me feels a lot like Burnout and Crazy Taxi, but with a touch of car combat action.
The short demo was very fun to me. The controls are tight both for driving and aiming. And you're not only restricted to shooting your enemies, shooting at the evironments is an intricate aspect of the gameplay.
All of that equals fun to me....
I don't know what you cats were expecting, but I can say that I had no expectations for this game.
Perhaps that's why I enjoyed the demo pop.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

I'll be honest the game didn't really grab me like I was hoping it would. I don't think it sucks, and I don't hate it... just after playing it I was just kind of "meh, I'll go play something else now".

But the final game could be very different, this demo is the same one that was playable at the Zero Hour Launch event and events prior...

Meaning it's OVER 2 months old, probably more.

themadman123

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

I like it, but I'm not in like with it. I might have to rent it before I feel like I need to buy it. Fun demo though.

Killa420

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

I checked it out to. I also think its just aight. Not something I would buy but maby rent once.

melongstrike

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

That wasn't flamming Miggidy I seen/ heard worst... but your opinion is still valued however.

I wasn't expecting much from this game I think I had my blinders up and really missed out on alot of previews, trailers, mag ads, tv spots (if any), and anything about it really. So there wasn't any anticipation for this title.

I am not a racing fan either but I do have my racing titles I can't put down ie burnout 2... not that lame shit where you play bumper cars with other cars in the most recent BO series., Need for speed Hot pursuit only on the ps2 not any of that lame fast and furious shit they have been coming out with in their previous titles., Mario go kart, and I'll be damned I forgot the name of the racer for the dreamcast where you flash your headlights at racers and their are street car gangs but that was fun. While yes these games are repetitive in nature they are fun which is not the case with Full Auto Demo.

Like I stated I doubt much is going to change between now and release date, the game is lacking a huge chunk of fun factor and it isn't fun in the slightest... but they could have made changes and I will rent it or borrow it from a buddy when it is released.

Now, I have seen games that pasted as fun recently because there isn't much out now and I know most of us wouldn't touch normally had we had other titles. We are so desperate for game titles we are really downgrading our standards for better graphics and shitty game play. The industry owe it to us to produce great titles, and they will eventually, just be patient and don't call every release a great title because you are desperate.

As always most importantly

Keep Gaming
~LONG STRIKE~

melongstrike

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

Goddamn you Mike

You hit it right on the head!!! Tokyo Extreme Racer

THANKS smile.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
Full Auto Downloable....
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(melongstrike @ Jan 26 2006, 11:48 PM) View Post

That wasn't flamming Miggidy I seen/ heard worst... but your opinion is still valued however.

I wasn't expecting much from this game I think I had my blinders up and really missed out on alot of previews, trailers, mag ads, tv spots (if any), and anything about it really. So there wasn't any anticipation for this title.

I am not a racing fan either but I do have my racing titles I can't put down ie burnout 2... not that lame shit where you play bumper cars with other cars in the most recent BO series., Need for speed Hot pursuit only on the ps2 not any of that lame fast and furious shit they have been coming out with in their previous titles., Mario go kart, and I'll be damned I forgot the name of the racer for the dreamcast where you flash your headlights at racers and their are street car gangs but that was fun. While yes these games are repetitive in nature they are fun which is not the case with Full Auto Demo.

Like I stated I doubt much is going to change between now and release date, the game is lacking a huge chunk of fun factor and it isn't fun in the slightest... but they could have made changes and I will rent it or borrow it from a buddy when it is released.

Now, I have seen games that pasted as fun recently because there isn't much out now and I know most of us wouldn't touch normally had we had other titles. We are so desperate for game titles we are really downgrading our standards for better graphics and shitty game play. The industry owe it to us to produce great titles, and they will eventually, just be patient and don't call every release a great title because you are desperate.

As always most importantly

Keep Gaming
~LONG STRIKE~

I see your point. And it's all Geesuz....
You simply just didn't find the game fun, you're not alone either.
I found it fun but that's just my opinion.

Fun as in, I'm going to buy it for sure?
No....
I think the last racing title I actually bought was Crazy Taxi for the DC laugh.gif