xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Full Auto Demo On Live Market Place?  (Read 775 times)

jfoster

• Archived User
Full Auto Demo On Live Market Place?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2006, 05:29:00 AM »

The most dissapointing thing is that they improved NOTHING since the OXM demo, which they likely had provided to OXM over 2 months ago.  This doesn't give me much hope.

The final question is - will it flop as big as Ridge Racer???

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2006, 05:47:00 AM »

LOTS of frame rate issues and at times when nothing seems to be going on on the screen. For instance im doing a powerslide and the game hitches...dont have a clue why...

Also i hate the fact that at the end of the demo it throws you back to the dashboard.

Gameplay wise i like it though. Reminds me of twisted metal, and unwreck is really cool.

Lets just hope that by the time it is released, the framerate will not be such an issue.

Lerxst

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »

Oh good, I didn't see this thread as there are already a million "FA on markeplace" topics. Anyway I don't feel alone in saying that FA is probably going to lame.

I hope I'm wrong cus I was really wanting this game to be good - kind of nostalgic with carsh and burn on the 3D0 wink.gif

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

Well, since it appears to be the same demo as the OXM one... Here's hoping that they've fixed some major shite.  

pop.gif

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

Is this game enven worth downloading? From all your responses it looks like it's a piece of crap and is going to be a piece of crap once the full game comes out.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

I tried it in both SD and HD and in HD it looks pretty good actually, nice AA going, high polygon cars, depth of field and loads of crap flying around. In SD it doesnt look nearly as good  huh.gif

And clearly those hitches are bugs in the beta version. It's funny how people jump on a game like full auto but let NFSMW (glorified in this very thread) get away with the same kind of crap. It's demo is FULL of stutter, tearing and insane slowdown especially at HD, and again nowhere near PGR3 graphics (bloom over last-gen geometry doesnt equal great graphics). Double standards, tisk tisk!

If the final Full Auto still has these same issues THEN I'll join the lynching squad happily. A small developer cannot take risks like EA can, as in release beta level products with huge performance issues.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »

I'm still reserving judgment on this game because the videos on Xboxyde look much improved over even today's downloaded demo.

The thing that twists my nipples the most is that this is supposed to be a demo that encourages sales... not discourages them.  If you're going to offer a game demo 2 weeks before retail delivery, you need to put out something that glorifies the title, not some thing that's 2 months old (or more).  Obviously many of you are doubting buying the game now on account of this crusty old demo... this is NOT what Sega's PR machine needs.

KiNG.OF.KRuNK

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 26 2006, 11:31 AM) View Post

If it weren't for this demo, I wouldn't even be interested in this game.
It has tons of potential, and you won't hear me bitching about how an unfinished demo has frame rate issues.
The dev has gone on record many times saying that they're aiming for a rock solid 60 fps.
If they can't achieve that, well shame on them. I won't lose sleep over it....

Having said that, is anyone else experiencing freezing?
The game seems to lock up more so when I use the red car for some reason.
I was having this same freezing problem with the game running on two different OXM disks.
Now the downlaod is doing the same thing.
I'm worried that there might be a problem with my X360 sad.gif

Yeah, your 360 should be the problem because I have experienced no freezing.  sad.gif

Just call M$, to make sure to have a working 360 before your warranty is dead.  wink.gif

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 26 2006, 11:31 AM) View Post

If it weren't for this demo, I wouldn't even be interested in this game.
It has tons of potential, and you won't hear me bitching about how an unfinished demo has frame rate issues.
The dev has gone on record many times saying that they're aiming for a rock solid 60 fps.
If they can't achieve that, well shame on them. I won't lose sleep over it....

Having said that, is anyone else experiencing freezing?
The game seems to lock up more so when I use the red car for some reason.
I was having this same freezing problem with the game running on two different OXM disks.
Now the downlaod is doing the same thing.
I'm worried that there might be a problem with my X360 sad.gif

Yeah, your 360 should be the problem because I have experienced no freezing.  sad.gif

Just call M$, to make sure to have a fully working 360 before your warranty is dead.  wink.gif

KiNG.OF.KRuNK

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

Well my 360 was freezing alot and it was doing weird things. So M$ sent me a new one and now it works flawlessly.  love.gif You should do the same! Even if you got an extended warranty, this is only applies for the retailers. Like you should know, you cant just walk-in a retailer and exchange one cuz they don't got any!  wink.gif
The best move is to deal with M$ directly!  tongue.gif

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

Havent frozen yet after about 5-6 times playing, I mostly use the red car. But once I got the bug people have mentioned where it just starts REALLY slowing down and stays that way until you reload the demo. It's like that intermittent slowdown kicks in and stays. A clear sign of beta material imo.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

Well I'd rather they spend all their time polishing the actual product (which already went gold) instead of sweating away at demos every two months.

Now that the game is finished, they should make a demo with final code so people could see how it has improved. But most publishers think when its out its done, no more money wasted on demos or patches unless there is a devastating problem with the product (where it hurts them more than wasting some money on a patch).

In fact all and any games could be patched, but we've yet to see a single patch on any actual game on the 360. The publishers do not want to admit their titles have issues (like poor performance or downright bugs) to save face and money. And hey its working for them, many people deny their favorite title has any issues at all (Quake4, NFSMW etc).

People always say we dont want the PC thing happening on consoles where patches come out later. Well now we have this reality where many if not most of the launch games are poorly optimized and buggy and no patches. Thats the other side of the coin I guess.

Would I buy NFSMW or Quake4 if they ran at a rock solid framerate? No, but it pains me to see such criminally bad performance in any game.

KiNG.OF.KRuNK

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

Well the demos are stored in the HDD so maybe u got a corrupted one. U should check it out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]