xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gun  (Read 430 times)

Master X

• Archived User
Gun
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

Gun is a very fun game even though it has Xbox like graphics. I was playing it for about 5 hours straight and then I got tired and shut off my Xbox. I woke up this morning and tried to load but there was no save's so this is just a warning to anyone who is going to get Gun it doesnt have auto save so you got to save it manually. At least I got my achievments sleep.gif

Well off to get back were I left off.

themadman123

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

Yeah, I almost did that when I played that game a couple months ago. They really should tell you that it dosn't auto save,

m_hael

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

The MS standard is the other way around - you inform the player IF and ONLY IF you auto save....

deakphreak

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

That doesnt make very much sense.

Marrvia

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Jan 21 2006, 11:15 AM) View Post

Gun is a very fun game even though it has Xbox like graphics. I was playing it for about 5 hours straight and then I got tired and shut off my Xbox. I woke up this morning and tried to load but there was no save's so this is just a warning to anyone who is going to get Gun it doesnt have auto save so you got to save it manually. At least I got my achievments sleep.gif

Well off to get back were I left off.

Don't feel too bad, I did the exact same thing.  I only wasted about 4 hours though.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Jan 21 2006, 02:41 PM) View Post

The MS standard is the other way around - you inform the player IF and ONLY IF you auto save....

this is very true, because they warn you not to turn off your xbox unless you know its not saving

Master X

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

I dont usually play 5 hours a day only on Friday's and Saturday's. I just beat the game about 2 and a half hours ago so its all good now. Oh and if anyone is wondering how Gun is I would give it a 6.5 out of 10.0, once you beat it you wont want to replay it again and the graphics are bad.

Master X

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(pennywisdom @ Jan 22 2006, 03:14 AM) View Post

damn! my buddy and i beat it on his 360 and we thought it was pretty sick!! Gun had a sweet storyline and as for the graphics, what do you expect from a cross-platform game that was probably pushed to be released for launch.

besides... cowboys kick ass. for that alone i would give it a +3!

my real point is that i think this game deserves a lot more credit than it is recieving. ign seems to agree as they gave it some of the 2006 awards. this game is all good in my books  biggrin.gif

Ya it had a good story line and was really fun until I beat it. It doesnt matter about the graphics being from a cross-platform, look at NFS it is out for PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360 and it looks crazy on HDTV.

m_hael

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Jan 21 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

Ya it had a good story line and was really fun until I beat it. It doesnt matter about the graphics being from a cross-platform, look at NFS it is out for PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360 and it looks crazy on HDTV.

what did you play it on? I see no Gun achievements on your gamercard?

QUOTE(pennywisdom @ Jan 21 2006, 10:14 PM) View Post

damn! my buddy and i beat it on his 360 and we thought it was pretty sick!! Gun had a sweet storyline and as for the graphics, what do you expect from a cross-platform game that was probably pushed to be released for launch.

besides... cowboys kick ass. for that alone i would give it a +3!

my real point is that i think this game deserves a lot more credit than it is recieving. ign seems to agree as they gave it some of the 2006 awards. this game is all good in my books  biggrin.gif

thanks - word of mouth is winning out for us, GUN is becoming a game to have.

<one of the developers>

lostboyz

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

lol, i played it but on xbox, it was like a GTA in the wild west. but wtf is up with that shotgun you get from killing the last guy. it kills everything in its path and probably destroys the town a few miles away. one shot killed 3 buffalo

Master X

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Jan 22 2006, 04:12 AM) View Post

what did you play it on? I see no Gun achievements on your gamercard?
thanks - word of mouth is winning out for us, GUN is becoming a game to have.

<one of the developers>

I played it for Xbox 360, the reason why you cant see it on my gamercard is because my Xbox 360 isnt connected to the internet. I am still waiting for my wireless adapter that I ordered from Future Shop.

akodoreign

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 09:49:00 AM »

The only real problem is you get all the fun stuff after you have defeated the game.

The experimental shotgun / Armored horse.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

I'm playing GUN on the original xbox right now, and for that system the graphics are very nice. I've only got an hour or so into it, but I'm enjoying it alot.  I'd say the only reason this game has gotten any bad press is because of people expectations with the graphics on the 360.  Take the 360 out of the equation and you have an excellent xbox game.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

from what i can tell, this game does autosave. the other night, i was playing, saved, and played for a little bit more, and forgot to save before turning the system off, and the next day when i went to play, at the "new game /load game/options" screen, i chose load game expecting my progress to be gone, then at the "continue/load game/whatever the other options where, i chose continue instead of load game, and my sidequest stuff from the night before was still completed.

m_hael

• Archived User
Gun
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

unless someone added one to the game while I wasn't looking you are wrong.

/
Pages: [1] 2